NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

SECC Sunday drive 4/30

Togo

Looks like the fella's over at SECC are having a SUNDAY drive (4/30) - open to all members and guests of SECC.

The SECC is proud to present our April Sunday Drive. We'll be driving to Christopher Creek, AZ and having a casual lunch at the

Landmark Restaurant and Saloon. Enjoy a great drive up the Beeline Highway and lunch at a great restaurant. This is a great

opportunity to get together with the SECC members and guests for a great event!

This event is open to SECC members and their guests.

details here

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/sundaydrive430.html

:burnout

I used to work at Kohl's Ranch, just down the road from Christopher Creek. It's a beautiful area right at the base of the Rim with great scenic roads, if the bark beetles haven't ruined the forest yet. But watch out for elk and other critters, I survived a head-on with an 800 lb. cow elk on that same stretch of road. They will just wander in front of you, deer whistles or not.

Anyway, since you'll be that far up, you might as well go like 5 miles further, and actually crest the Rim. You can pull off to either side right at the top for fantastic views! :thumbs

I'd be in, but I'm not an SECC member, I'd need to be someone's guest...

Anyone else?

you don't have to be a member, and if you show up, you ARE a guest!

that's what Steve and I did on their drag race meet at speedworld

So they're a pretty cool group of guys?

I might be up for it.

yes, they are very cool - i actually suggested a while back that our 2 groups cruise together - this might be the way for us to accomplish that :drinkers

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com
So they're a pretty cool group of guys?

I might be up for it.

yes, they are very cool - i actually suggested a while back that our 2 groups cruise together - this might be the way for us to accomplish that :drinkers

I'd like to formally invite the ACE guys to join us for the drive. I think that it's a great opportunity to get 2 groups of car enthusiasts together!!

Just make sure you RSVP on our site!!

Joe

WOW!!! What a great time!!! Those guys are AWESOME!!! Very nice people with some beautiful cars. Alot like our group..very open and friendly. Felt right at home. We had 4 vettes show: Glenn, Ron and Eva, Steve and Marylou and myself. We got into it some on the way up and a bunch more on the way back!! :eek Thanks Joe for the invite. :thumbs Robert :burnout

You were there. Can't you remember what you did this afternoon? LOL Steve and the others should be posting pics soon, I hope. Have you checked on the SECC site to see if they posted any yet? Seeya, Robert :burnout

Desertdawg

Looks like a fun time, and perfect weather...

The cruise was an AWESOME time... Many crazy fast cars, great food, and even better people. I commented to Robert that the drive was so good that ACE needs to do it!...

Hey.. Joe... Now we need the vids.... I know you have a bunch....

:burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout

Guest UVETTYA

A big THANK YOU to Joe and the club. We were warmly welcomed by everyone and made to feel like we were part of the club. Everyone was friendly and the conversation was top notch. Marylou and I had a great time. Cool people, cool cars, cool weather, good food made it a great cruise. The trip back was icing on the cake.... you see, there was an "emergency" in Phoenix and we had to all get back as quickly as we could... :devil

Everyone was safe and courteous the entire trip, despite the fact that the average rwhp poetential was 400+.

I'm in the process of uploading pics and video clips, but they won't be ready until about noon today. So I would recommend waiting until then to view them, here...

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/55414

Some of the pics are from Ron and Eva. Thanks guys for sending them!

You can view the slide show or look at the individual pics, and download them if you like. All pics and albums remain Ron's and my property and are intended for your personal use only.

Steve

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, I am totally bummed I missed that drive. Whatever happened to the Superformance COBRA?????I didn't see him after you all left the parking lot in the beginning. DANG!

Tanya

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in our Sunday Drive. The event was a great success!!!.We had a great turnout and great weather to boot! It seems that everybody got an opporunity to drive on the open road, meet fellow auto enthusiasts an have some food and fun. A big thank you to Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts for joining us!

I have posted some of the photos and video from the event on our site. See this link:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/sun...ve430.html

If you have any additonal photos or video, please email them to me so I can post them on the site!

Don't forget about about our Drivers' Education Event on May 13th:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/513trackday.html

Check our calendar for other upcoming events!

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/calendar.html

Hope to see you on the 13th!