The Treehuggers Are Coming! The Treehuggers Are Coming!

Two Fangs

So essentially E15 is a tax increase. Farmers get subsidies from our income taxes to grow corn to produce a fuel that reduces mpg and we pay taxes based on gallons used. :banghead

And the politicians are selling this as independence (?) from foreign oil?

If you really believe that'll be your only choice then pull your head out of the sand. The laws of supply and demand still apply and there aren't enough vehicles on the road that can use the stuff so it's hardly going to be your only choice at the pumps any time soon.

I'll go even further and point out how poorly AZ has adopted E85. I would love to see E85 take off around here but as it is you can't rely on it being available if you were to need fuel.

It should reduce our dependence on oil period, foreign or domestic. Oil companies make the banking industry look like a bunch of saints. The more we can get towards renewable energy the better.

Imagine the efficiency of a motor that's created solely to be run on E85. It can more than make up any mpg loss with more power as well.

I will also point out how corn is one of the worst foods out there and it's much better spent on fuel than as a dietary staple.

Ah, you might have missed post #17.

And E15 is about money, not efficiency, health, or independence.

And E15 is about money, not efficiency, health, or independence.

Head in the sand still huh...

Until you can find an issue or subject that more than 50% of the politicians (Republican, Democrat, Independent, or ?) either have intimate knowledge about, or take the time to personally research (fat chance) then every vote is influenced by the money involved. If you don't understand that concept, then it is not I who has their head in the sand.

If you like E10, E15, E20, or E85 that's fine and you can tune your engine to take full advantage of which one you like best. Just keep in mind that an internal combustion engine can be made to run on lots of different fuels, but you can't just arbitrarily switch from one to another and maintain peak efficiency, nor can all the fuels be produced economically.

Looks like a poster in a thread on the big board has been told Valero's may be changing out their VP race gas pumps for E85 (?). Might need Two Snails to get the low down on this new twist.

Victor, I returned you PM. I will not be able to call them until Monday, but the last word I got was they are waiting on the new shipment of 100. That was on the 12th, so who knows, maybe they got tired of waiting.

Victor, I returned you PM. I will not be able to call them until Monday, but the last word I got was they are waiting on the new shipment of 100. That was on the 12th, so who knows, maybe they got tired of waiting.

No worries, bud. This story gets more interesting by the week.

I might swing by the Cave Creek Valero to see if anything has been changed on their pumps.