NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to Blur

1EvilC5

:cool Thanks for the notes. Don't know what to think about the cruise yet, but it sounds fun. Also don't know any hard-core car club people either, but all of you sure seem to love your rides, and nice rides they are!!! Look forward to Saturday and my first cruise...

My car is almost totally stock...never really found a reason to add to it...Goodyear Eagles & some stickers and paint top the list of serious modifications. Some owner, huh?

Brian :cfdeadagain

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Brian, welcome from Surprise. :howdy

Don't feel bad about not modding your car. I owned an '03 Z06 for two years and didn't do anything to it but add a Blackwing intake. I've had my '04 Z for almost a year now and I'm just getting around to adding some performance mods. Corvette's are great cars stock, and once you start modding you can't stop. :crazy So enjoy your car for what it is.

Looking forward to meeting you Saturday!

Steve

:cool Thanks...by the way...in the profile section in describing the type of Vette, the category that says 't-top, convertible, fixed...coupe', mine has the removable roof panel. Is that considered the fixed-roof coupe? I thought I heard that some of the newer vettes' don't have removable panels... :burnout

Brian

Guest UVETTYA

No. The FRC looks like this:

DSC03745_1_copy.jpg

Ok, just joking. In all seriousness, here's the real pic of the FRC or "fixed roof coupe" or the notch back, as some call it. It's only available in the C5 Z06 model.

DSC03746.jpg

I would echo what Steve has said. My C5 is mechanically stock except for a blackwing and borla exhaust.

As for your car, it is a coupe. The C5 coupes just happen to have a removeable roof section. And to correct what Steve said, the predecessor to the Z06 (99-00) were FRC's. They are the same body as the Z06 just not the same mechanics. Once the Z06 came out they dropped the standard FRC model. BTW, FRC stands for fixed roof coupe (no removeable roof section).

Hope that helps with model identification.

Hope you can make it Sat and look forward to meeting you! :howdy

:lol Great picture, actually looks real when you shrunk it. Thanks for the info on the C5's...pretty sad not knowing more, cuz I sure used to get into my cars starting in the 70's with my Starsky & Hutch-mobile. Saturday looks good, but hope there are no wine-drinking contests on Friday nite to blur pre-conceived plans... :drinkers

Brian

PS - How do you insert a picture into this message??

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks Eddie. That makes sense. I didn't know they officially dropped the FRC designation on the '01 to '04 Z06. I knew the '99 -00's weren't the same mechanically as the '01 to '04's, but I've heard many on Z06vette.com still refer to the '01 to '04 Z06 as the FRC. So I figured that entire body style run from '99 to '04 was legitimately called the FRC, since, as you pointed out, there is no removable roof section.

Live and learn. :cheers

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
:lol Great picture, actually looks real when you shrunk it. Thanks for the info on the C5's...pretty sad not knowing more, cuz I sure used to get into my cars starting in the 70's with my Starsky & Hutch-mobile. Saturday looks good, but hope there are no wine-drinking contests on Friday nite to blur pre-conceived plans... :drinkers

Brian

PS - How do you insert a picture into this message??

To insert a pic, you have to have it hosted somewhere. Then click on the "IMG" icon that appears above the window when you start a topic or reply to one, and paste the URL into the box that appears when you click the "IMG" icon.

If you need a place to host a pic, try www.photobucket.com. It's free.

If you want to set up a web site where you can upload all your pics and videos for all your friends to see, go to www.phanfare.com. It's a pay site, but you get a free 30 day trial. And BTW, if you sign up with phanfare, as I did, please tell them I sent you and I'll get a free year's subscription! :cheers

My phanfare album is here... www.snirk.phanfare.com

Steve

Thanks Eddie. That makes sense. I didn't know they officially dropped the FRC designation on the '01 to '04 Z06. I knew the '99 -00's weren't the same mechanically as the '01 to '04's, but I've heard many on Z06vette.com still refer to the '01 to '04 Z06 as the FRC. So I figured that entire body style run from '99 to '04 was legitimately called the FRC, since, as you pointed out, there is no removable roof section.

Live and learn.  :cheers

Steve

Maybe I wasn't clear, Z06's are still FRC to most people. I thought you were saying the only FRC's were Z06's. In 99-00 there was an FRC that wasn't a Z06. The Z06 didn't come out until 01. Are we totally confused now??? :lol

I use photobucket.com for hosting. It's a free site. You can also just insert a pic using the file attachment below.

Guest UVETTYA

Live and learn.  :cheers

Steve

Maybe I wasn't clear, Z06's are still FRC to most people. I thought you were saying the only FRC's were Z06's. In 99-00 there was an FRC that wasn't a Z06. The Z06 didn't come out until 01. Are we totally confused now??? :lol

I use photobucket.com for hosting. It's a free site. You can also just insert a pic using the file attachment below.

No, you're right, I threw all the FRC body style cars into the Z06 basket, and that's not true. The '99 to '00's were indeed not Z06's mechanically as I intimated. Good eye and thanks for correcting me. :cheers

Steve

is this the Brian from the apartments on greenway? i don't recognize the plate, but i recognize the color and the name!

shhhh don't tell anyone, but i'm going to come down with a migraine tomorrow morning! :D so YES i'm going - you do know it's at 9AM right?

I read that it was from 10:00 to 4:00 or something. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but that is the plan, at least for a little while. I wouldn't mind going out there at the same time as you...

Brian

i don't know what time it is - but i suggest you "pre register" if just to "septate" :D

ok, i mean spectate - as i think the charges "at the door" are more

i also don't know what time i'll be there, but if glenn doesnt show up, i'm a gonna be spittin mad!

Hopefully I'll be leaving Avondale about 10 ish, and hope to be @ Speed World by 11. Have a dental @ 9. C-yall there!

Guest UVETTYA
Hopefully I'll be leaving Avondale about 10 ish, and hope to be @ Speed World by 11. Have a dental @ 9. C-yall there!

Cool Tim.

Will you be leaving your bra and panties at home, or are you just spectating? :smilelol

Steve

Welcome Brian from Gilbert. LMAO...That's an awesome black Z06 you got there UVETTYA :smilelol

:cool Thanks to everyone that has so graciously welcomed me to a club I should have joined a long time ago. Is that the very last 'C3' ever made?? Looks awesome. Don't miss the Mystery run...should be a great way to use up the 104 octane in the tank!!! :agree

Ciao

Guest UVETTYA
Welcome Brian from Gilbert. LMAO...That's an awesome black Z06 you got there UVETTYA :smilelol

:D A little hard to get in and out of but it parks easy.

Steve

:cool Thanks to everyone that has so graciously welcomed me to a club I should have joined a long time ago.

very interesting statement from a guy who just last week told me he wanted to sell his car! :toetap

i think once you go on the mystery cruise with us - thoughts of selling will be gone, and thoughts of - when the hell is the next cruise - will take over!