Dodo Juice...anyone have any experience using it?

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

Thinking about buying their Banana Armour :banannasword: hard wax and the lime cleaner. Anyone ever use their stuff? Its f*cking expensive! But I have heard on some other exotic car forums that this stuff is amazing and i hear their Banana Armour is killer on orange and red cars or warm colors with metallics like my atomic orange. But at 70.00 for a small tub of wax and 50 for a small thing of polish...thats some coin! I have spent 120.00+ on wax before but it was when I owned an auto detailing business so I was making money from that $120.00 bottle. So anyone ever use this stuff?

I dunno, but the name tells me a lot... "DODO" juice? Maybe its a covert marketing term for throw your money away, Stu Pidface, juice ???

Just sayin' :)

Banana Armour :banannadance: ...DoDo juice? That even sounds wrong, but no I've never heard of it. Robert's Wolfgang Fusion is cheaper and I can say that it works nicely, just doesn't last real long.

I've heard good things about it, but for the price you have to pay I think anyone that said it sucks would just look like a fool for spending the money. The packaging is also very nice, and I'm sure that's a factor in the price. I can say that I use Griot's, and I have been VERY happy with the results I've had with them. A lot less expensive than dodo juice too.

I have not used this product as of yet. It is part of a family of wax line ups with that vendor. They have like 6 different colors in that catagory for different paint colors. This product is not all canuba wax, but also has synthetic characteristics for longevity. It does come in larger cans but the 8 oz is not more expensive then the PURE WAX that I currently use. The Wolfgang Fuzion wax is $50 for a 3 oz can which is considerably smaller then your Go Go juice. I tend to stay away from synthetic waxes because I love the vibrance and deep rich color that waxes bring, ofcourse this is a personal preference and not set in stone. The fuzion wax is good for maybe a couple of weeks, but has one incredible deep shine that makes you want to dig a hole in the paint.

fourseventeen

Fuzion huh...never heard of that. where can it be found? I have always been a fan of Meguiars M26 hi tech yellow.

Just about with any major detail wholeseller, but I do love going through Auto Geek myself.

fourseventeen

been hearing good things about this NXT Meguiars has out too. Maybe ill try that out. $15 bucks...not much to lose if its not that great lol.

been hearing good things about this NXT Meguiars has out too. Maybe ill try that out. $15 bucks...not much to lose if its not that great lol.

Good stuff for you paint....just don't get it on you rubber parts, warning right on the label!

I have NXT, it is also a synthetic wax, last a long time, but is not show car quality in paint astetics.

fourseventeen

yeah I used the NXT...not to bad. I didnt see a warning on the bottle. It says its new and improved and dries clear. I want a wax to make this orange metallic really pop and sparkle! As I mentioned before i have always liked the M26. I would apply the show car glaze followed by the M26 hi tech wax and have always loved it on my other cars and motorcycles. I am yet to try it on the Z. I still need to get rid of these light water spots on the hood but my wife seems to have stolen all my rubbing alcohol! I had a huge ass bottle of it too...starting to wonder if shes drinking it LOL

yeah I used the NXT...not to bad. I didnt see a warning on the bottle. It says its new and improved and dries clear. I want a wax to make this orange metallic really pop and sparkle! As I mentioned before i have always liked the M26. I would apply the show car glaze followed by the M26 hi tech wax and have always loved it on my other cars and motorcycles. I am yet to try it on the Z. I still need to get rid of these light water spots on the hood but my wife seems to have stolen all my rubbing alcohol! I had a huge ass bottle of it too...starting to wonder if shes drinking it LOL

You are either a spaz or insanely busy person, no pun intended of course.

Dont worry so much about the .59 cent alcohaul, if you have a new clay bar and detail spray that willl work perfect. Do not I repeat do not drop the clay bar on the ground if you do it is TOAST. Make sure your hands and your area that you are working on is free of ALL dirt and DUST. Do not use circular motions but back and fourth strokes.Dont use too much pressure, just enough to rest in your palm. Make sure you have enough detail spray on the paint and make sure the clay is not grabbing, it should feel like it is slippier then snott.Whalah after a couple of strokes your spots will be gone forever, and dont gorget to tip your waitress.

fourseventeen

LOL you forget...i did own an upscale auto detailing business for over a decade lol. I can use a clay bar. I am just not good with high speed buffing. Clar bar didnt take out the water spots. Need to use my vinegar method or try your alcohol method . And yes im a spaz sometimes and I am always busy. One of these days when your in the hood of Goodyear or Avondale and free let me know...ill show you how light they are and how anal I am about them LOL. I also have a few minor scratches I want to buff out one of these days. I have a high speed polisher and plenty of foam pads and compounds....just gotta do it.

LOL you forget...i did own an upscale auto detailing business for over a decade lol. I can use a clay bar. I am just not good with high speed buffing. Clar bar didnt take out the water spots. Need to use my vinegar method or try your alcohol method . And yes im a spaz sometimes and I am always busy. One of these days when your in the hood of Goodyear or Avondale and free let me know...ill show you how light they are and how anal I am about them LOL. I also have a few minor scratches I want to buff out one of these days. I have a high speed polisher and plenty of foam pads and compounds....just gotta do it.

No, I did not know you owned your own business in detailing I couldn't tell I am sorry. Well hell you already know this stuff then. You know much more then I do, I am just a backyard detailer, I never did it as a living. Well I am sure you will get those spots out, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

SPAZ

WISHBONE OUT

fourseventeen

LOL I mentioned in the post early on about my detailing business lol. But yeah I hired guys to do the work...I just ran the business side. Sure I did a little detailing here and there if we were real busy but I didnt like it lol. I can do about anything when it comes to detailing....just not a pro at high speed polishing.

Jay, put on a coat of NXT, let it cure a day and top it with M26. You will get that warm look from the wax and the protection from the NXT... best of both worlds!

This was the hood of my 82 with that procedure...

fourseventeen

thx dawg. I actually did the NXT then an hour later did the M26 on top of it. Then the next day (last night) painted my calipers....so now I need to do it alllll over again after a good wash and clay bar! SUCKS! I spent about 2 hours cleaning the car on thurs and now need to do it all over again today.

thread cleaned up... :toetap Jay, you should probably let the NXT cure about a day before topping it, I'm not sure it matters much but I have seen the NXT appear more "clear/defined" the next day. Plus it's what they say to do on the Meguiar's forum!!!:lol

It has to have time for the wax to cure. It is a synthetic wax system which uses chemicals to adhere to the clear coat. When you put something else on top of it before it cures it stops the curing process from accuring. The wax needs O2 for it to harden up. When you put something on top you just stopped this process. NEverless, NXT is a great product as long as it is used as intended, but from a wax perspective it is in the sealent catagory not a canuba wax FYI...

fourseventeen

I still need to try this Fuzion stuff one of these days too ;)

Well that is never cut and dry for a couple of different reasons. One the temp, has everything to do with application process, the bottle will tell you what temps are best for applying the product. Right now it is Hell weather so it is NOT a good time to be applying anything sense it will dry too soon and not allow a good bond to the paint surface. Uless you ofcourse have a AC cooled garage, that would be best. But to answer your question, under normal conditions I would leave it on for the maximum time of 45 min before taking it off. The chemical bond needs to happen and that takes some time.

BubbaThaLuva

Rob, keep posting this good info! He's got 791 posts, you got 798... hahahahahaha