Arizona Audiofest benefit car show

Guest Mild to Wild Dave

Guest Mild to Wild Dave

Hello. My name is Dave Ritter, and I am the Director of Operations for Mild to Wild car audio in Tucson, AZ. This is my first post on Arizona Vette Net. I wanted to take this opportunity to invite each of you to a benefit car show called Arizona Audiofest and Show'N' Shine, which is being held at Mountain View High School in Tucson on Saturday, April 22nd. The net proceeds from this event are being donated to MVHS's after school programs. There will be delicious food available from Famous Dave's Barbeque of Tucson, and plenty of fun activities and cool cars and trucks to see.

Two raffles are being held, a benefit raffle and a 50/50 raffle. Door prizes for the benefit raffle include two pairs of component car speakers valued at $869.00 and $799.00 respectively! (There is one winner per pair of speakers.) Other prizes will be announced as more sponsors donate to this worthy cause.

We are offering a Show 'N' Shine with 3 classes, 1970 and older, 1971 to 1996, and '97 and newer, plus a class for current MVHS students. Entry fee for the Show 'N' Shine is $20 for regular competitors and $10 for current MVHS students. Flyers for the show are available at Tucson area Discount Tire stores, and at Mild to Wild car audio on Prince Road just west of Oracle in Tucson. Printable versions of our flyers should be able at www.cruisinarizona.com/carclubs.html. Flyers can also be requested by e-mailing me through this forum or by e-mailing me at dave_eliteco@lycos.com.

PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED based on the rate at which spaces are filling up!

An IASCA sanctioned car stereo "sound off" is also being held. The sound off includes an SQC (Sound Quality Challenge) and IDbL (loudest bass). A second sound off is being held on Sunday, April 23rd at Mild to Wild car audio.

I hope to have all you who have nice Vettes will come out and participate.

Maybe we can turn this into a get-together for us Tucson folks...I wont enter, but I'll stop by and say hi!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mild to Wild Dave

These are the latest updates for the Saturday, April 22nd show at Mountain View High School.

The Pima County Sherriff's department will be bringing two D.A.R.E. vehicles for display.

Prizes of note for the Door prize raffle include a pair Zapco RB 16.2 6 1/2 inch component speakers valued at $869.00, a set of Zapco RB 13.2 5 1/4 inch valued at $799.00, and a Cerwin Vega XL-300.1 subwoofer amplifier valued at $249.95. There will be ohter smaller prizes, included t-shirts, gift certificates and the like. Door prize raffle tickets are $1 each, or $10 for 12 tickets.

There will be a 50/50 raffle. For those of you who are not familiar with 50/50's, half the funds raised from the raffle will be awarded to the winner of the raffle. 50/50 raffle tickets are $5 each.

Famous Dave's Barbeque will be selling breakfast items during contestant check in, and selling lunch during the show starting around 10:30 a.m.

There is a YMCA junior basketball tournament being held in the new gym on the northwest side of the campus. So if you need to escape the sun for awhile, you can watch the stars of tomorrow in action.

DJ Smiles will be performing during the show, doing (what I am told) are some amazing mixes. He does numerous parties, including a recent party for one of news anchors for our local CBS affiliate. By the way, he's only 10 years old!

We are looking to add some activities to the show, and we are shooting for TV coverage. We look forward to seeing you there!

Guest Mild to Wild Dave

Arizona Audiofest is almost upon us! Here are the final updates for the show on Saturday April 22nd:

Contestant check in is between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.. The line of cars will be routed down the eastbound lane of Linda Vista. If you are NOT pre-registered, you WILL want to get in line at 8:00 a.m., as we will very likely sell out the event. Breakfast burritos and muffins will be served by Famous Dave's during check in and pre-show. Breakfast is about $3.

The contestant meeting will be held at 9:45 a.m., during which the specifics of the event will be discussed, and any questions asked. Pre-registed contestants will then pick their judging times for SQC, and time window for IdBL. Day of show entrants will be assigned their judging time. SQC cars will be judged with engines on due to the forcasted hot weather.

Please bring cash for the two raffles, for breakfast and lunch served by Famous Dave's, and if you decide you want to compete in the Show 'N' Shine.

Directions for specatators from I-10:

exit at Cortaro Farms Rd and head east bound

make a left on Thornydale going north bound

Make a left on Linda Vista and park in the Safeway parking lot. DO NOT PARK IN THE MVHS LOT!!!!

Mountain View High School is located on the southwest corner fo Linda Vista and Thornydale.

Directions for contestants from I-10:

exit at Cortaro Farms Rd and head east bound

make a left onto Camino de Oeste going northbound

make a right onto Linda Vista Drive going eastbound

If there is no line of vehicles, make a right into the second drive way on the right hand side.

If there is a line, then get in line with your car.

If you are pre-registered, you can either wait for an event official to come up to your car, or you may send yourself or a co-pilot up to the registration table. An event official will pull you out of line and direct you to the check in table, then to your parking area.

Cars are assigned parking based on competition class and on a first come first serve basis.

Again, if you are NOT pre-registered, it is wise to show up at 8:00 a.m or even a little before. If you check in late and are not pre-registered, there is a chance that you will NOT get it! The cut off is 140 cars!