Group Tranny and Diff Fluid Change Extravaganza

Guest UVETTYA

Andrew and Melissa, are we still on for today? I'm all set. Just have to wash the car.

Steve

Steve, they're probably still sleeping - give them a half hour to wake up then try them again! :D

i'm debating on coming by - i want/need to, but that hole in the header is almost unberable!

i realize i could download and read the manual for my car, but how many quarts of dexronIII does the tranny take?

Guest UVETTYA

If you have the same tranny I do, the T56 takes 3.7 qts of synthetic Dex III. I'm using Mobil 1 synth Dex III. The diff takes 1.7 qts of synthetic 75W90 and I'm using the GM stuff and 8 oz of GM friction modifier. I've heard the non-GM synth 75W90 oils have friction modifier already in them, but there's some controversy about whether or not to add the modifier to them, so I'm going with what GM recommends and using the GM oil and modifier just to be on the safe side. It's a little more expensive but only a few dollars per qt.

You should get your manifold fixed PRONTO so you don't warp a valve. As long as it's running it's ok but when you shut it off, cold air can rush in and warp a valve.... so I've heard...

So stop whining and get your butt over to Andrew and Melissa's. I'm bringing donuts. :yesnod

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
Andrew and Melissa, are we still on for today? I'm all set. Just have to wash the car.

Steve

Steve, they're probably still sleeping - give them a half hour to wake up then try them again! :D

They won't be sleeping after I pull into their driveway and do a 4K rpm rev. :smilelol

Steve

Can you guys keep the noise down in here, I'm tryin' to get my beauty sleep... :P

I don't know about the rest of you but I'll be there..... ;)

Yes we are still on for today...... See you all in a few.......

Andrew

i decided to leave the car in the garage now until i hear from kooks, sorry i couldn't join today - i just think it's safer not running it for a while - i will try and catch up at A&Ms at a later date for a fluid change - perhaps when someone else is doing something else

Guest UVETTYA

Many thanks to Andrew and Melissa for hosting the event... and for buying Pizza! :thumbs Robert and I were the only ones who changed their fluids. Eddie and Glenn showed up, but sat on the bench while the first string did the dirty work. Eddie flinched every time someone snapped a rubber glove. :smilelol

I told Glenn I'd do his oil change for him if he'd let me drive his car. :yesnod But it didn't work out. Probably just as well... I'd have to get a second mortgage to mod mine like his, if you know what mean.

Thanks for the help with my hand pump when the tube kept slipping off Andrew. I can tell you've had a lot of experience with those hand pumps! :smilelol even though mine was a cheapie from Walmart instead of that expensive one from Castle Boutique. :toetap

Chris and Eddie, I'd be glad to help you guys with yours at a later date... but it'll have to be on a Sunday. Let me know when you're ready. Eddie, I've done a few auto trannies before so if we have to drop the pan, no problem.

Steve

Many thanks to Andrew and Melissa for hosting the event... and for buying Pizza! :thumbs Robert and I were the only ones who changed their fluids. Eddie and Glenn showed up, but sat on the bench while the first string did the dirty work. Eddie flinched every time someone snapped a rubber glove. :smilelol

I told Glenn I'd do his oil change for him if he'd let me drive his car. :yesnod But it didn't work out. Probably just as well... I'd have to get a second mortgage to mod mine like his, if you know what mean.

Thanks for the help with my hand pump when the tube kept slipping off Andrew. I can tell you've had a lot of experience with those hand pumps! :smilelol even though mine was a cheapie from Walmart instead of that expensive one from Castle Boutique. :toetap

Chris and Eddie, I'd be glad to help you guys with yours at a later date... but it'll have to be on a Sunday. Let me know when you're ready. Eddie, I've done a few auto trannies before so if we have to drop the pan, no problem.

Steve

thanks for the offer steve, i will definitely take you up on that - perhaps in the next 2 weeks or so, depends on how long it takes me to get my bunghole fixed! :leaving

Guest UVETTYA
thanks for the offer steve, i will definitely take you up on that - perhaps in the next 2 weeks or so, depends on how long it takes me to get my bunghole fixed! :leaving

:huh

Dood! That's TMI!!

:leaving

depends on how long it takes me to get my bunghole fixed! :leaving

Look on Steve's face when he snapped those rubber gloves I think he's checked a couple in his day! :lol:lol

Guest UVETTYA
depends on how long it takes me to get my bunghole fixed!  :leaving

Look on Steve's face when he snapped those rubber gloves I think he's checked a couple in his day! :lol:lol

Ahem!

Speaking of a$$hole$... :toetap

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
i decided to leave the car in the garage now until i hear from kooks, sorry i couldn't join today - i just think it's safer not running it for a while -

Hey Chris, for that personalized license plate maybe you should just get

GARAGED

:smilelol:smilelol

Sorry dood, I couldn't resist.

Steve

i decided to leave the car in the garage now until i hear from kooks, sorry i couldn't join today - i just think it's safer not running it for a while -

Hey Chris, for that personalized license plate maybe you should just get

GARAGED

:smilelol:smilelol

Sorry dood, I couldn't resist.

Steve

GARAGED huh? how about we bring up the runs at the strip this past friday?! :toetap

Guest UVETTYA
GARAGED huh? how about we bring up the runs at the strip this past friday?! :toetap

No problem there O' bunghole-iferous one. :D How about if we mention that you had drag radials and a hundred more horsepower and your best run was only 0.55 seconds and ONE mph faster than mine? :D

Or, how about if we mention that my best time in my bone stock '03 with drag radials and at least 125 less hp than you have, matched your 12.09? :bang:bang:bang

Get more seat time and your launch down and I'm sure you'll get better. Then you can brag. But maybe not. I might have my cam by then and new tires and you'll NEED that 150 shot just to keep up. :lol

But you have to get out of the garage first. :yesnod

Steve

No problem there O' bunghole-iferous one. :D How about if we mention that you had drag radials and a hundred more horsepower and your best run was only 0.55 seconds and ONE mph faster than mine? :D

Or, how about if we mention that my best time in my bone stock '03 with drag radials and at least 125 less hp than you have, matched your 12.09? :bang:bang:bang

Get more seat time and your launch down and I'm sure you'll get better. Then you can brag. But maybe not. I might have my cam by then and new tires and you'll NEED that 150 shot just to keep up. :lol

But you have to get out of the garage first. :yesnod

Steve

perhaps - but now that i know i need to drop the pressure in my tires - it could be a different story! :D

see - the more i listen to you guys - the more i learn - and the more i learn, the more dangerous i become!

:burnout

Guest UVETTYA
perhaps - but now that i know i need to drop the pressure in my tires - it could be a different story! :D

see - the more i listen to you guys - the more i learn - and the more i learn, the more dangerous i become!

:burnout

If you go to 16 psi and get your burnout down so you can heat those DR's up, then slip the clutch a little on the launch, on a well prepped track you'll be cutting 1.6 60 fts and mid elevens, no problem. :cheers