NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Local Tuner Price War

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA
without dyno tricks id expect to hit a wall around 380-385 rwhp... as long as you have good flowing exhaust, intake, MAF screen removed etc already then the headers should yield about 15 rwhp getting you to that 380 mark... anything over that is just small things like electric water pump, pulley, aggressive tune etc.

Far as pricing goes, did you want cats or no cats? If you are keepign the stock exhaust the car is literally SILENT with no cats so id say ditch them! Let me know though and I will get you a quote

Dangit Mike, I was just getting ready to post when your post popped up.

I think I'm getting closer to figuring this crap out. I've spent the entire morning doing searches, and I've come to a logical conclusion.

The difference in hp gains after adding headers, seems to depend on where your stock Z baselines. Most are in the 345 to 355 rwhp range stock. Adding headers, CAI and a good tune, most end up around 375 to 380 rwhp, with 385 being about the max. Just like you said.

That explains it for me! A stock Z that dyno's at 350 rwhp, might pick up an additional 25 to 30, while one that dyno's at 360 like mine, (362) will probalby only gain an additional 12 to 18.

And I'm ok with that. Seems like a lot of people (myself included) hang up on the "gained" hp numbers when in fact 380 to 385 is where they all end up.

Cool.

I'll drop by today or tomorrow and discuss pricing and options with you in person. To give you a head start on the quote, I put GHL magnums on a few weeks ago and I'm considering keeping the stock cats. I want to keep cats on the car regardless of which ones I go with.

Thanks Mike. :cheers

Steve

Looks like Mike at ADS get's my business.

11's here I come. :D

Steve

You mean Mike at AZP&S? Just don't take him away from my header install, LOL. I'm taking my car in tomorrow late afternoon for the headers and an alarm sys. with remote start. I'll be glad to get rid of the proximity alarm. Dang, I think I hijacked your thread. :banghead:leaving Robert

Guest UVETTYA

No you didn't, Robert, thanks you bailed me out. LOL. And you're right, it is Mike at AZP&S. Sorry Mike! I went back and edited it.

I've either been hanging around Tanya too much or the wine with dinner last night did me in. :crazy You decide. :P

Steve

Guest XLR8TNC5
No you didn't, Robert, thanks you bailed me out. LOL. And you're right, it is Mike at AZP&S. Sorry Mike! I went back and edited it.

I've either been hanging around Tanya too much or the wine with dinner last night did me in. :crazy You decide. :P

Steve

ROTFL! :smilelol Or maybeeeeeeeeee, you were having a blonde moment. lol.

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA
I'm not saying they are lying!

Pushing the envelope of truth and exclusion of other mods may be a better description!!

Lou Gigliotti will NOT tell you his headers only mod will give you 30 RWHP!!

That's what I'm saying!!

Ken

Ken, I emailed Lou from Z06vette.com and sent another email from their site, and both Lou and Anthony replied. I thought you might be interested in what they had to say.

Steve

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:48 PM

To: lou@lgmotorsports.com

Subject: HP Gains with LGM Headers

Lou, how much HP will you "guarantee" I'll get with a set of your headers on

a bone stock '04 Z06? I'm interested in both the Pro and Street series.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

============

Lou's reply:

Hi,

I just got back in the office. Sorry for the delay.

Guarantee??

I can guarantee that if you install our headers, you will not get a better

power curve with ANY other header. Recent tests have shown our LG headers

to out perform all other headers.

On an 04 Z06, with a tune and filter you should be around 385 to 390 rwhp

on a Dynojet dyno.

We have had great results with our headers.

Contact our sales dept and ask for Anthony and I will authorize him to give

you FREE shipping.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

972-429-1963

=============

Here's my question to the LG site...

- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Nirk"

To: "LG Motorsports" <sales@lgmotorsports.com>

Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 8:25 PM

Subject: Inquiry from LG Motorsports

I keep hearing of 25 to 30 hp gains from your headers only. Others claim that's not true. I have an '04 Z06 Corvette which is bone stock. It baselined at 362HP with a Blackwing only. What king of HP gains can I expect with your headers... both Pro and Street series?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

===========

Anthony's reply:

Steve,

That is about right, the most I have ever seen here at the shop was 39rwhp but that is a high number that most do not see. The Street's and the Pro's should be very close on a stock car with just some bolt ons. When you get into doing a cam, cylinder heads, and intake is when you are going to see the larger gains from the Pro's over the Street's.

Anthony

==========

Guest Kens06

Hey, Wait a minute!!

Nic will be doing the tune??

You are bringing in a ringer Steve!! :D

He's probably good for an extra 5HP just sitting in the car!

Good Luck Bud, I hope you get in the 390 range with headers, B-wing and tune!!

That's a very strong motor, treat her nice and maybe she will treat you to an 11 sec run!! :rolf:rolf:toetap

Ken

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks Ken. I talked to Mike at AZP&S yesterday and my headers are IN! They go on Monday. Woo Hoo! :burnout

Yeah, Nic's pretty good. I watched him do his magic on Tanya's car. He spun it up on the dyno, looked at the numbers, uploaded the changes, spun it up again and it was good to go. The guy knows his stuff. :thumbs

Mike couldn't squeze you in today? LOL I bet he is very busy still. Oh well you will have to wait until Monday.

As for Nic, you will be very satisfied with his work. I still am.

Phil... :devil

Guest UVETTYA
Mike couldn't squeze you in today? LOL I bet he is very busy still. Oh well you will have to wait until Monday.

As for Nic, you will be very satisfied with his work. I still am.

Amazing you should say this Phil. Mike sent me a PM and said he'd have time to install my headers today if I could get there by 1PM. It was 12:45 when I got that message, and I made it! From Surprise to Tempe in 15 minutes!

Ok, not really. :D But I made it there by 1:30 and he still had time to put them on.

Wow, is all I can say. And wow, again. I thought the GHL's sounded good. What a differrence headers make. It actually sounds quieter at cruising speeds, but anything over about 3K and O my gawd! I think I got about 8 mpg on the way home. :smilelol

I have to wait until Tuesday for Nic to do the tune, but I think I can live with that.

Steve

Very :cool on Mike to squeeze you in today.

You do not get that kind of service from any old shop. Glad we have a few of the best shops in Arizona willing to provide great service. :thumbs

It was 12:45 when I got that message, and I made it! From Surprise to Tempe in 15 minutes!

What happened, were you stuck behind Grandma??? :lol

Guest UVETTYA
It was 12:45 when I got that message, and I made it! From Surprise to Tempe in 15 minutes!

What happened, were you stuck behind Grandma??? :lol

:yesnod In a Porsche.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Congrats Steve, I can't wait to hear the car! :D

I agree, Mike is always great with his hands on work and with letting his customers be right therr in the copilot seat while he does the work. I have learned a lot from watching him work on my car. I always enjoy just hanging out with him as well. It has been very rewarding to watch his business grow.

Thanks Mike for everything you always do for us! :thumbs

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA
Congrats Steve, I can't wait to hear the car! :D

Tanya

Step outside your door and I'll open my garage and rev it up. You should be able to hear it. :smilelol:smilelol

Steve

I will say Steve's Z sounds great! I heard it Sunday morning when he came over to put the bra on my Vette. Not sure but I think I heard him coming from the time he got off the 51. :lol:lol

I would also say I felt the bug nibbling at my wallet too! Got to love that sound! :thumbs

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I will say Steve's Z sounds great! I heard it Sunday morning when he came over to put the bra on my Vette. Not sure but I think I heard him coming from the time he got off the 51. :lol:lol

I would also say I felt the bug nibbling at my wallet too! Got to love that sound! :thumbs

Shall I order another set? :)