NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Local Tuner Price War

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Who will make me the best deal on a set of LG Street series long tube headers with Metal Matrix cats, installed on a 2004 Z06? :huh

Job goes to the lowest bidder.

You can PM me if you like.

Steve

Your best bet would be to get them online... and have a local shop (ADS) put them on for you.

Guest UVETTYA

That would work. They may be able to make me a pkg deal too. Whatever get's me the most bang for the buck. :D

I think the LG Streets will give me about the same HP gain as the pro's, since I don't plan on any internal engine mods. I'm not worried about a few HP. I dyno'd at 362 stock, so if I can get close to 400 I'll be happy. I read on CF about a coupe that gained 30 HP with the LG streets. With a good tune I should be able to get that.

Steve

Guest Kens06
That would work. They may be able to make me a pkg deal too. Whatever get's me the most bang for the buck.  :D

I think the LG Streets will give me about the same HP gain as the pro's, since I don't plan on any internal engine mods. I'm not worried about a few HP. I dyno'd at 362 stock, so if I can get close to 400 I'll be happy. I read on CF about a coupe that gained 30 HP with the LG streets. With a good tune I should be able to get that.

Steve

Put the crack pipe down Steve!!!!!!!

The Z06 exhaust system is VERY efficient stock!!

LG's may get you 10 and a better torque curve!!

If you start listening to the yo-yos on CF, your wallet is going to get REAL light!!

Don't start chasing numbers Bro.................

You will venture into the great money pit!!

Enjoy your ride, it's SWEET!! :thumbs

Next outing we can talk about modding a Z!!

I have $10-12K worth of experience!!

Ken

Guest Kens06

I'm not saying they are lying!

Pushing the envelope of truth and exclusion of other mods may be a better description!!

Lou Gigliotti will NOT tell you his headers only mod will give you 30 RWHP!!

That's what I'm saying!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

Steve,

Listen to Ken. He is steering you right pal. I have the whole LG system setup on my car and I had a million other things done as well and gained from 316 to 403hp with a KICK ASS tune. You can see all the mods I have on my car. And I got an 87hp gain with EVERYTHING. Expecting 30hp from just headers and a tune is a little exaggerated. But you do have a SWEET car and I don't have a Z06. Oh wait.....Yeah I do... lol. But Im not as familiar with all the work on the Z06. Mark and Ken can hook you up in that regard. lol.

I promise you, everyone here is extremely knowledgeable and would love to do nothing more than help you gain hp in a correct and accurate manner. But I agree with Ken, don't get caught up in the money and numbers game. Do what you want to do, and read read read and talk to Lou yourself. I did go with his system though, as you are right, it is probably the BEST in regards to ultimate hp gains for the money.

did that make sense? I hope so. Because I would love to be one of the people to help motivate you to your hp dreams! I just know it is sooo easy to get caught up in the whole thing and then get your expectations dashed because some idiot told me I would get something more when I wasn't.

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA
Steve,

Listen to Ken. He is steering you right pal. I have the whole LG system setup on my car and I had a million other things done as well and gained from 316 to 403hp with a KICK ASS tune. You can see all the mods I have on my car. And I got an 87hp gain with EVERYTHING. Expecting 30hp from just headers and a tune is a little exaggerated. But you do have a SWEET car and I don't have a Z06. Oh wait.....Yeah I do... lol. But Im not as familiar with all the work on the Z06. Mark and Ken can hook you up in that regard. lol.

I promise you, everyone here is extremely knowledgeable and would love to do nothing more than help you gain hp in a correct and accurate manner. But I agree with Ken, don't get caught up in the money and numbers game. Do what you want to do, and read read read and talk to Lou yourself. I did go with his system though, as you are right, it is probably the BEST in regards to ultimate hp gains for the money.

did that make sense? I hope so. Because I would love to be one of the people to help motivate you to your hp dreams! I just know it is sooo easy to get caught up in the whole thing and then get your expectations dashed because some idiot told me I would get something more when I wasn't.

Tanya

Thanks Tanya.

Don't worry, I'm not a mod-aholic.

I've been reading the boards every day for almost 3 years now, (mostly Z06vette.com) and I owned an '03 Z06 for almost two years before I got my '04 last July. So I'm not totaly ignorant about my car and it's potential with different mods.

All I plan on doing is headers. No cam or heads for me, until my GMPP warranty runs out in 2011. And maybe not even then.

But I do expect to gain at least 20 rwhp from headers. 25 would be nice, and I don't think that's unreasonble with a good tune. I guess we'll find out anyway. I have a baseline dyno run to compare to.

Maybe a couple of the tuners will speak up here. Heck, I've been told I could get maybe 10 hp from a re-tune on my STOCK Z06. If I can't get at least 20 from headers, then either everyone that's telling me that is full of crap or I'm more gullible than I think.

Maybe both :huh

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
E-mail or PM him from Z06Vette!

LGMotorsports is the screen name!!

He will answer the mail or whatever!!

Ken

Ok, I will.

Steve

Guest Kens06

Like I said, call him and as him "Will you guarantee me 30 RWHP" if I buy your headers!!

Steve, you have been around the block..........................

I've got a vortex mod that will get you 100 MPG!! :rolf

Don't get caught in the advertising hype!!

If you are looking for a set of headers.....................

The LG's are my favorite's!!

Now you forget the HP :bs , and look for the SOUND you want coming out of those tubes!!

When I fired up the Z, no one gave a shit about HP or dyno sheets!!

They loved and remembered 'That Sound'!!

They may beat me on the strip, get better lap times, or make more HP at the dyno!!

But, I was the KING of Exhaust note!!

Now we must all bow our heads to Mark :yesnod

Till, I put together my C6 427 sound stage!! :lol:lol

Ken

Guest UVETTYA
Like I said, call him and as him "Will you guarantee me 30 RWHP" if I buy your headers!!

Steve, you have been around the block..........................

I've got a vortex mod that will get you 100 MPG!! :rolf

Don't get caught in the advertising hype!!

If you are looking for a set of headers.....................

The LG's are my favorite's!!

Now you forget the HP :bs , and look for the SOUND you want coming out of those tubes!!

When I fired up the Z, no one gave a shit about HP or dyno sheets!!

They loved and remembered 'That Sound'!!

They may beat me on the strip, get better lap times, or make more HP at the dyno!!

But, I was the KING of Exhaust note!!

Now we must all bow our heads to Mark :yesnod

Till, I put together my C6 427 sound stage!! :lol:lol

Ken

Yeah, I don't know if he'll guarantee 30 RWHP Ken. Too many variables.

I agree, there's a lot of bull floating around out there. Not to name names, but one guy claims 11.5 in the quarter with a bone stock Z06 and OEM tires and a 1.69 60 ft. I don't think so. :bs But I've never called him on it because I can't prove different. I think you know who I'm talking about. I turned a 12.09@114 with my '03, and that was with drag radials and a 4200 rpm launch that was almost a dead hook and that only got me a 1.79 60 ft. I can't imagine launching with F1's and getting a 1.69 60 ft. The track was well prepped and I lined up right behind a rail, did a long smokey burnout, and I never spun a tire on any shift. And I power shifted right at red line and banged them all. So I think some people have egos that just can't be beat.

With all I've read, the LG Pro's give the most bang for the buck, but they're spendy. That's why I'm going with the Street series. A few less HP but about $400 cheaper. 10 HP isn't worth $400 to me. And like you, the sound factor is what I'm really looking for. Puting the GHL's on made my Z a whole new car. Wow! I'm 17 again! The added HP will just be icing on the cake.

Bow our heads to Mark? Sheesh, that's pushing it. :leaving

Guest UVETTYA

Ken, I just tried to PM Lou from Z06vette.com and got this message...

L G Motorsports has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

So I sent him an email from the LG site asking what he'll "guarantee."

Any bets on what he'll say? :D

Steve

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey Steve, I know you have your ducks in a row, I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I know you can drive. I have seen the videos on Streetfire.net! HEHEHE.

Take it easy buddy

Tanya

P.S. I think we mean we must bow to Mark's Z06's exhaust tone! lol. I would never bow to Mark. lol Especially if he wont let me spend money on my car! lol.

Guest UVETTYA
Hey Steve, I know you have your ducks in a row, I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I know you can drive. I have seen the videos on Streetfire.net! HEHEHE.

Take it easy buddy

Tanya

P.S. I think we mean we must bow to Mark's Z06's exhaust tone! lol. I would never bow to Mark. lol Especially if he wont let me spend money on my car! lol.

Yeah, Mark told me about Streetfire. LOL.

C'mon Mark, let Tanya buy more stuff for her Vette. It's only money. Sheesh.

:leaving

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Who will make me the best deal on a set of LG Street series long tube headers with Metal Matrix cats, installed on a 2004 Z06? :huh

Steve

im the only LG dealer in AZ... let me know when you want to come by and get them installed :)

Guest AZ Power & Sound
That would work. They may be able to make me a pkg deal too. Whatever get's me the most bang for the buck.   :D

Steve

Put the crack pipe down Steve!!!!!!!

The Z06 exhaust system is VERY efficient stock!!

LG's may get you 10 and a better torque curve!!

If you start listening to the yo-yos on CF, your wallet is going to get REAL light!!

Don't start chasing numbers Bro.................

You will venture into the great money pit!!

Enjoy your ride, it's SWEET!! :thumbs

Next outing we can talk about modding a Z!!

I have $10-12K worth of experience!!

Ken

Ken is right on this one... 10-15 rwhp is pretty normal for a set of LG headers... the LG Pros are a much better choice with the merge collector, however if your plans for the future dont include a cam or larger engine mods then the street series will be fine!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Steve,

Tanya

Thanks Tanya.

Don't worry, I'm not a mod-aholic.

I've been reading the boards every day for almost 3 years now, (mostly Z06vette.com) and I owned an '03 Z06 for almost two years before I got my '04 last July. So I'm not totaly ignorant about my car and it's potential with different mods.

All I plan on doing is headers. No cam or heads for me, until my GMPP warranty runs out in 2011. And maybe not even then.

But I do expect to gain at least 20 rwhp from headers. 25 would be nice, and I don't think that's unreasonble with a good tune. I guess we'll find out anyway. I have a baseline dyno run to compare to.

Maybe a couple of the tuners will speak up here. Heck, I've been told I could get maybe 10 hp from a re-tune on my STOCK Z06. If I can't get at least 20 from headers, then either everyone that's telling me that is full of crap or I'm more gullible than I think.

Maybe both :huh

Steve

if you bring your car with race gas to get them installed, I can get you 30 horsepower :D

Texas cars, ESPECIALLY the ones that come out of Lous shop tend to be dyno'd quite aggressively on good gas... being that ive been a huge dealer for Lou for about 2 years now, he slips all the tricks to me knowing ive seen his products and his gains... the only discrepency on tunes is typically considering how your car runs stock. GM has MANY different tunes that come stock on the cars... some have more timing then others, some run richer then others etc... some cars may only get 7-9 rwhp from headers, and those runing pig pig rich stock may get 20 from headers if they lean the car out a bit... my 01 Z06 with LG LTs, no cats, stock Z06 exhaust, and blackwing made 367 rwhp, and I know of a few 02-04 cars that made 380-385 rwhp with the same setup... I woulnt expect to see any more on that and both of those cars were with solid tunes.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Ken, I just tried to PM Lou from Z06vette.com and got this message...

L G Motorsports has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

So I sent him an email from the LG site asking what he'll "guarantee."

Any bets on what he'll say? :D

Steve

Ask Lou which shop in AZ you should go to... I bet I know his answer :cool

what he WILL guarentee is with his LG Pro headers you will make at least 10 rwhp over the competition... but thats on the Pro headers only... the street headers are pretty similar to a certain other competitor of his which arent known for the most impressive numbers.

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

im the only LG dealer in AZ... let me know when you want to come by and get them installed :)

I'll be by as soon as you tell me you can make me the best deal. :D

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
if you bring your car with race gas to get them installed, I can get you 30 horsepower :D

Texas cars, ESPECIALLY the ones that come out of Lous shop tend to be dyno'd quite aggressively on good gas... being that ive been a huge dealer for Lou for about 2 years now, he slips all the tricks to me knowing ive seen his products and his gains... the only discrepency on tunes is typically considering how your car runs stock. GM has MANY different tunes that come stock on the cars... some have more timing then others, some run richer then others etc... some cars may only get 7-9 rwhp from headers, and those runing pig pig rich stock may get 20 from headers if they lean the car out a bit... my 01 Z06 with LG LTs, no cats, stock Z06 exhaust, and blackwing made 367 rwhp, and I know of a few 02-04 cars that made 380-385 rwhp with the same setup... I woulnt expect to see any more on that and both of those cars were with solid tunes.

Well, I guess you would know.

And this annoys the hell out of me. :mad :cuss :mad You're the first one I've ever heard admit you can only get 10 RWHP from a set of headers on a stock Z06. I applaud you for your honesty. :thumbs

Check out this thread, post #9.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95647

I've asked for this guys base numbers and if Lou used race gas. I also have several emails out to Lou, one from his site and another to his email account, asking for his "guaranteed" hp gains.

Guest UVETTYA

Maybe both  :huh

Steve

Here's my dyno sheet from a few weeks ago. This is with a Blackwing. A/F ratio is at the bottom.

What do you think I can expect from LG Streets with your best tune and pump gas? I'll do the thermostat too if you think that will help. The car dyno'd bone stock except for a Blackwing.

Dyno.jpg

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Maybe both  :huh

Steve

Here's my dyno sheet from a few weeks ago. This is with a Blackwing. A/F ratio is at the bottom.

What do you think I can expect from LG Streets with your best tune and pump gas? I'll do the thermostat too if you think that will help. The car dyno'd bone stock except for a Blackwing.

Dyno.jpg

without dyno tricks id expect to hit a wall around 380-385 rwhp... as long as you have good flowing exhaust, intake, MAF screen removed etc already then the headers should yield about 15 rwhp getting you to that 380 mark... anything over that is just small things like electric water pump, pulley, aggressive tune etc.

Far as pricing goes, did you want cats or no cats? If you are keepign the stock exhaust the car is literally SILENT with no cats so id say ditch them! Let me know though and I will get you a quote