Powder Coating...valve covers, A/C and more!

F22trainer

If you ride with me I don't want anyone to know about it, the scared look on your face will tell the story... :lol

it's kind of like "bitter beer face" - the look is result of the sphincter muscles trying to grasp the seat!

I recently saw this look. . . :lol

As for the interior work, these pictures simply don't do justice to the amount of time, patience, ingenuity and TLC that went into almost entirely rebuilding both of these *&^%$#&@ panels! Not to mention repairing all the here-to-for unknown havoc wreaked upon the innards of the dash assemblies by the audio-install morons. :ack

and lest I forget, yes I had some great help getting all of this done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F22trainer

• Shifty

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

F22trainer

Heads up for you C4 guys...watch your cooling fans for warping or balance issues. I found out yesterday that a warped fan can take out new fan motors...also expect to buy a GM fan motor and avoid the rebuilt / aftermarket variety. I had to replace both fan assembly and the motor yesterday...some of which was under warranty from the A/C repairs I had done - but not all of it.

• 1 month later...

...and you thought this thread was DEAD!

not quite - name that part:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and - you carpet guys, I will need some help:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once the weather breaks, I plan to do an install day along with the shiny new valve covers (see earlier photos in this thread). That will give me time to get the new gas struts for the rear glass and a couple plastic trim pieces that need replacing when I do the carpet...should be a fun day! I'm keeping the existing front carpet and just doing the rear so the seats shouldn't have to come out.

...and you thought this thread was DEAD!

not quite - name that part:

Posted Image

Izzat teh screen that keeps bigger crap out of your radiator/air filter area? :huh

Holy Crap, Michael is adding dive brakes... :eek

Posted Image

X2 :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol

correct shifter-ding, ding, ding winner!

Nice try Tim - so close.

looking good! i too have my fuel rail covers and my snorkel for my halltech being done in carbon fiber as we speak! Your car is looking awesome! i have always wanted a c4!

It's actually one of 7 benches I made for the Science Center... It was originally a 23' long rotor - I think from for a CH 46...all 7 benches came from the same rotor.

Thankis Dude! Was good to see ya at Pav's Sat. nite! Next we'll talk more.

you bet! i was tired and only went because the 3yr old loves car shows!

It's actually one of 7 benches I made for the Science Center...

It was originally a 23' long rotor - I think from for a CH 46...all 7 benches came from the same rotor.

See I told you it was a control surface!!!

It's actually one of 7 benches I made for the Science Center...

It was originally a 23' long rotor - I think from for a CH 46...all 7 benches came from the same rotor.

See I told you it was a control surface!!!

I stand corrected... :werd:

What'd I win? :toetap

Pizza and a six pack of your choice - if you show up for the install day!

I've got a bunch of "install projects" myself....most of them are being dictated my Mrs. 'Shifter... :ack:

I've got a bunch of "install projects" myself....most of them are being dictated my Mrs. 'Shifter... :ack:

:werd: lol. hang in there

just ordered my new hatch struts... would you believe Rock Auto had them for $18 a piece... Ecklers, etc wanted $45 each!!!!!! WWWWWAAAAHHHHHOOO!!! I was tempted to buy the chrome ones at $36 ea., but they were special order - not in stock. I think CC wanted $100 a piece for them.

just ordered my new hatch struts...

would you believe Rock Auto had them for $18 a piece... Ecklers, etc wanted $45 each!!!!!!

WWWWWAAAAHHHHHOOO!!!

I was tempted to buy the chrome ones at $36 ea., but they were special order - not in stock. I think CC wanted $100 a piece for them.

Chrome does make your car faster.... :yesnod

OK, got the struts they will go on this afternoon...so next operation: I'm wondering about weatherstrip? I'm seeing a variety of stuff and price. OEM, repro, latex...what's the diff besides price. I know the weatherstrip for pilar and windsheild didn't get installed right when I had the windscreen replaced and the old one had the finish rub off in places and started to fall apart. Anyone got experience replacing these things. I've got terrible air leaks (and water) around the windows at the mirror area - they didn't glue the weatherstrip at all and it has molded deformities.

Well..... I dun the weatherstripping on the 82 one time, I'm no pro but with a big enough hammer we can make anything fit! I ordered all of mine through Corvette Rubber, decent price and they had every piece I needed! But all that was available for the C3's was rubber so I don't know about the other materials you can get for the C4!

You can still get GM weatherstrip directly from teh dealer, which is teh only weatherstrip worth a damn for AZ C4's. Be forewarned, I just finished buying every single piece, and it is a genuine wallet-buster! :facepalm:

You can still get GM weatherstrip directly from teh dealer, which is teh only weatherstrip worth a damn for AZ C4's. Be forewarned, I just finished buying every single piece, and it is a genuine wallet-buster! :facepalm:

yah - I already figured that out...I think the GM part for the rear glass was $320ish and I see Rock Auto and Zip have latex and repro for around $100. I believe the kits are around $600. Does that jibe with your wallet wounds?