TOMS CORVETTE RESURRECTION PART TWO OF THREE

Wishbone

OK ENOUGH PAIN, LETS MOVE ON TO THE POWER WASH, FOAM CANNON, AND BATH TREATMENT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK WHOO, ARE WE HAVING FUN YET, LETS MOVE ON TO WHAT THE CAR LOOKS LIKE AFTER THE PIMP WASH!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you use to dry the car?

Interesting but I doubt this statement for some reason.

"The blade is so soft and pliable that it glides over any surface and has 15-times less friction than a terrycloth towel!"

I have not ben abe to scientifically do data testing on this quote however if you think about how much pressure you need to put on a terry cloth in order to move it across a painted surface as apposed to the blade it is deffinately much easier. The only issue I have with the California Blade is the Blade itself drying out and getting tough. You need to keep it nice and flimsy pliable as well as lubricated or silicon lube every now and then in between uses.

Interesting but I doubt this statement for some reason.

"The blade is so soft and pliable that it glides over any surface and has 15-times less friction than a terrycloth towel!"

You know, I never considered washing the car inside a garage before. I have always done it in the driveway. I suppose by the time you get it dried and detailed, the floor is dry. At the very least I could blow out the garage after moving the clean car... Hmm, I'm going to do this.

I do, but the initial spray down is done outside because all my shiz will get wet.

• 3 months later...

Maybe I'm missing something, but washing a car in the garage = replacing some drywall soon.

Sorry hitman but if you thought you were missing something you are! This thread is about detailing not drywall repair. This is a Corvette club not a carpenters club!But thanks for being concerned about my Gypsum board I think it is goig to be ok, probably better then what I can see with your paint job JR! Serious sarcasm

dry wall who needs drywall! Robert your the detail god! If you need your drywall repaired i got some great tv repair tools that i can lend you!

Maybe I'm missing something, but washing a car in the garage = replacing some drywall soon.

Sorry hitman but if you thought you were missing something you are! This thread is about detailing not drywall repair. This is a Corvette club not a carpenters club!But thanks for being concerned about my Gypsum board I think it is goig to be ok, probably better then what I can see with your paint job JR! Serious sarcasm

Wow. Did you really just call me "Junior"?

Guess who's not getting paid to do my 'vette? :down:

well i would interject that maybe you should get to know the crowd before you pipe off at some! Robert is a very down to earth and generous person! Lighten up and enjoy the humor or you will have a tough time here! This forum has alot of tight groups that take a bit to blend with!

Wow. Did you really just call me "Junior"?

Guess who's not getting paid to do my 'vette? :down:

As you can see by the above wording at the end of Robert's statement he states "SERIOUS SARCASM" like he is joking with you man!!

lighten up and bust his balls right back. :thumbs

well i would interject that maybe you should get to know the crowd before you pipe off at some! Robert is a very down to earth and generous person! Lighten up and enjoy the humor or you will have a tough time here! This forum has alot of tight groups that take a bit to blend with!

Hey Mike you beat me to the punch once again! On a different note........How about a BBQ Pool party at your place on monday?

It just struck me as weird that someone would use a power sprayer in a garage - I didn't "pipe off". I've run a forum for 8 years, I don't need a lesson in "lightening up", nor do I plan to "suck up" to fit in. Maybe you guys mis-read me, the same as I supposedly mis-read Robert.

However, I can "bust balls" with the best of them - I try to tone it down so I don't hurt anyone's feelings... :edward:

I wasn't offended - I'm probably the same age as Detail Man or older (sarcasm WOO!) and have probably BUILT as many cars as he's DETAILED. So, no "Junior" here. :thumbs

Anyhow, sorry to take this one off-topic. Back to the shiny stuff. :cool

It just struck me as weird that someone would use a power sprayer in a garage

You should see what cAhD and Pig Boppa do with that power sprayer in private... Junior :lol

Question for ya Wishbone. I am leaving for a nice road trip in about a week and a half. Would this be worth getting done to my car before I leave? Going to be some major bug bashing I'm sure along with some of the wet stuff from the skies. Or should I have you make a road trip to clean it for me when I get there? I need your talents on my ride some day soon I think. Although I don't think my paint is in as good a shape as Bucs.

You should see what cAhD and Pig Boppa do with that power sprayer in private... Junior :lol

Hahahaha... I thought it was only Porsche guys who roll that way.

In all seriousness, my poor convertible really could use some pro help. Anytime you guys want to do a session in an air-conditioned, spacious garage, I'll host it.

Leave the pressure washer in the driveway. ;)

Next house I build there will be a drain in the floor and knee high checker board liner on the walls. :rockon2: And I'll keep Roberto tied up in the secret room while he's not detailing my ride :edward:

Hahahaha... I thought it was only Porsche guys who roll that way.

In all seriousness, my poor convertible really could use some pro help. Anytime you guys want to do a session in an air-conditioned, spacious garage, I'll host it.

Leave the pressure washer in the driveway. ;)

In all fairness HITMAN has not met me yet so it is hard for him to really know just how F'T up I am in the head. My choice of using the word "Junior" had nothing to do with your age, but how long you have been in the club. You do not have to suck up to anybody here at ACE, myself and some others around here can contest to that.

If you have not heard yet, I do not charge ever for detailing a fellow ACE member for detailing their ride, "EVER". You pay for your own supplies and we can grind it on baby woohoo.If you so choose to donate to the Detail fund great.

I can be very sarcastic and definately pushed off as being an "A" Hole in person. But once you peel back all of the layers I am a super great guy and when I trash talk any care, I would most definately do it to my own. So if you here me bash a car whic maybe yours PLEASE dont get offended, because I will be the first to jump in and either teach you how to properly wash and detail your car, or do it for you.

So welcome to the best club EVER.

WISHBONE OUT

Question for ya Wishbone. I am leaving for a nice road trip in about a week and a half. Would this be worth getting done to my car before I leave? Going to be some major bug bashing I'm sure along with some of the wet stuff from the skies. Or should I have you make a road trip to clean it for me when I get there? I need your talents on my ride some day soon I think. Although I don't think my paint is in as good a shape as Bucs.

I hope that I am not too late to give you my opinion on your paint.

Sense you are going on a trip, you do want to take care of some things. However, if you are not planning on being in any car shows or events that would intell the public to get 2 feet from your Corvette I would advise not too detail the car. The car already has damage to the paint that is going to require attention. The average person usually cannot tell the difference whether your car is flawless or has scratches in the clear.

So to sum things up, put a good coat of Synthetic wax all over the entire car. This will do a couple of different things for you.

1. It will protect your car from bugs, tree sap, and other pollutants from getting into the paint.

2. It will protect the car from rain, snow, sleet and rain from building on the top.

3. Will allow your car to be protected for the most part and will look good going down the road.

4. I am recomending you to use a SYNTHETIC wax as apposed to what I would always go with which is 100% Canuba wax. Because Canuba wax will not last long, especially if you are traveling and you go across multiple states you are almost guaranteed to meet the rain monster.

When you get back it will be close to Detail season and we can schedule you in to the WISHBONES detail shop for a makeover. Enjoy your trip and be safe.We can take care of getting your car to tip top shape when you return.

Thanks for the reply. I will be having the car in a show. Did pretty well with it last year but I don't think they judge like they do at a concourse show. I have a bra for the front so that should help with some things I hope. It has a good coat of wax on it as well. I will get with you and schedule an appointment when I get back or maybe after the Corvettes and Ghost Riders show. :thumbs