Tell me about your midlife crisis...

ICULUKN

Guys... I'm 37... No kids... and a young wife.. Life is good... but I have been going through a midlife crisis for the past 2 years... I lost 20#, started power lifting, played rugby, and recently started jujitsu. Last night I realized that I was 2x the age of the kid that was kicking my ass on the mat.. LOL.. What kind of stuff did you do for your mid life crisis...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Bigfoot

• Marco

• Eddie44

Bought a Corvette :lol That didn't do it so I bought a second one.

I'm not old enough yet to have experienced a midlife crisis.............. :lol:lol ..............maybe tomorrow

Dude, you are just ENTERING THE PRIME OF YOUR LIFE!! :partydj::bananaparty: 40 was a blast, :partycandle: it's 50 when shit hits the fan! :banghead Drink more beer :cheers:cheers

Oh. im not saying that I'm not having a GREAT time ... I love my 30s... best decade so far.... I'm just realizing that its 1000 times harder to compete with a kid who is 19... They just have soooooo much more energy.

. I'm just realizing that its 1000 times harder to compete with a kid who is 19... They just have soooooo much more energy.

You've just got to choose age appropriate activities Glenn. I've got a buddy that loves to play softball but like you realized that 20 yr olds were kicking his azz. He moved to an over 40 league and competition is great. Getting old is a bitch but it happens to all of us. Just accept it and you'll have a ball up through your 50's (thats all I can speak to) and probably longer. They say 50 is the new 40. I think if you stay active you'll maintain your health much longer and be happier. Just realize you're not gonna kick that 19 yr old's azz any longer.

A wise man named Dirty Harry Callihan once said "A mans just got to know his limitations".

You've just got to choose age appropriate activities Glenn.

I've got a buddy that loves to play softball but like you realized that 20 yr olds were kicking his azz. He moved to an over 40 league and competition is great.

Getting old is a bitch but it happens to all of us. Just accept it and you'll have a ball up through your 50's (thats all I can speak to) and probably longer. They say 50 is the new 40. I think if you stay active you'll maintain your health much longer and be happier. Just realize you're not gonna kick that 19 yr old's azz any longer.

I'm turning 41 this year. No mid life crisis experienced. Don't try and compete with the 19 year old. Simple enough. Life is not always about "beating" the other guy. It's about doing what you enjoy and sharing that with the people you love.

once i start competing.... I will be in a masters division in jujitsu.... not against 19 y/o...LOL A lot of jujitsu is technique, but there is an aspect of strength to be considered. The cardio is kicking my a$$ pretty good. Lot more explosive moves than when i was playing rugby I am stronger than most of these kids... but damn they are flexible and fast.

What kind of stuff did you do for your mid life crisis...

See the doc more... :z8:

See the doc more... :z8:

Phill's Vette

A wise man named Dirty Harry Callihan once said "A mans just got to know his limitations".

Oh. im not saying that I'm not having a GREAT time ... I love my 30s... best decade so far.... I'm just realizing that its 1000 times harder to compete with a kid who is 19... They just have soooooo much more energy.

Funny how they post the "Founded" date vs. the "Population", the date founded must be higher than the population and looks more important. Doh! :facepalm:

Funny how they post the "Founded" date vs. the "Population", the date founded must be higher than the population and looks more important. Doh! :facepalm:

They'd have to have one of those dial counters that they could change. Nice weather this time of year, the transients probably bump the population up over 100.

Guys... I'm 37... No kids... and a young wife..

Life is good... but I have been going through a midlife crisis for the past 2 years...

I lost 20#, started power lifting, played rugby, and recently started jujitsu.

Last night I realized that I was 2x the age of the kid that was kicking my ass on the mat.. LOL..

I had the first one 16 years ago and bought a vette, now I want two. Maybe there is more than one crisis per lifetime? :partygrnhat:

I had the first one 16 years ago and bought a vette, now I want two. Maybe there is more than one crisis per lifetime? :partygrnhat: