New section?...Ask the Lawyer

Desertdawg

Poll  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Kens06

I don't get the special section bit???? If he is a member and wants to add his comments to questions, fine! What makes a lawyer any more special than a plumber, ex policeman or a business owner? This IS a Corvette forum, not Wikipedia!! Even the a**holes on The Corvette forum, won't try to be what they aren't... If I need a lawyer, it's nice to have one I know, available to hire!! They all do telephone consultation for free! We seem to be wandering away from the reason this forum worked in the first place. Corvette guys doing stuff together.... No more 1st Sat, and maybe two big events yearly, with one turning away from what it started out to be????? In case you were wondering, I voted NO! Ken

I think the best way is for people who have questions or comments about photo radar or any other legal matter can post in the off topic section and get opinions from anyone that cares to respond as well as Marc. If he is interested in the forum and ACE then he will see the discussion and can respond if he chooses to. Just as Eddie and Ted have responded to some of these same issues and the advice is there for you to take or not take. The thread could be titled "Legal advice sought" to make it clear that the poster is seeking such and anyone including Marc can offer up their 2 cents. Any issue beyond that should be handled by PM, E-mail or phone. As others have said Joe, Mark, Dave , Chad and many others have freely given advice about the business that each is involved in to anyone that asked a question. I would expect no less for any other ACE member. If he responds to these threads then people will see his info in his signature and if the need should present itself then they will know who to call. Ahh, it's good to be back. Robert :burnout

Ok, I am going to speak my mind here and if I upset anybody than we can talk in PM. But I have felt sense day one that this club definitely has its own click of people that are from the original ACE group that was formed to be this club.

Wishbone out

Out of all the replies this one hurts the worse, most of the members that form the click here now are only 2 to 4 year members, most of US just have a sick sense of humor and I hope that is what you are referring to as a click.

At any event I hope there is no "click" and that everyone in attendance feels welcome!

The voting is in and I agree, if Marc does join ACE then he can use his own judgment to add his expertise to any thread he wants to.

I would like to see him fit in as just a regular member more than as an attorney here just to answer legal questions.

So, no new section needed! Thanks everyone for chiming in.

No more 1st Sat, and maybe two big events yearly, with one turning away from what it started out to be?????

Ken, last time you complained about no 1st of the month Saturday lunches, we told you to set one up, you didn't even attend your own event :toetap

Phill's Vette

I'm not a lawyer, but I DID stay at a holiday in once....can I have my own section? :Axe:

On the topic of Cliques.... some people here have spent a lot of time together over time and they will obviously be talking more to each other. I know I probably spend more time with those that I have worked on Vettes with, attended events with and hangout with sometimes. Corvette Saturdays do have a way of bonding us together.

My suggestion to anyone feeling left out is to get involved, you certainly will not regret it. Most people here would give any ACE member the car cover off the back of their Vette to help a fellow member.

ACE ROCKS, even the people I don't like..... :banannasword:

:ACE:

On the topic of "clicks"... Clicks are what you do right before reading a thread. Cliques are groups of people that feel or act exclusive to others. From my experience here, there are groups of friends that know each other better and tend to hang with each other more, but that's just totally normal to society. Saying that there's a Clique (in my mind) insinuates that those people think they're better than the rest, or that they don't like the rest. I don't think that's the case. Friends bond and stick together, that's just human nature. More 2 cents. I invite Marc to be part of any or all discussions here on legal matters of not. I chose to not listen to him at the BBQ from about 15 seconds in, and I harbor zero ill will towards him. I just don't think we need a legal department, belonging to Marc or anyone else.

wickedfastvette

Ok I have to remark on the click deal, I have been on here for going on 2 years now, and have felt at home and part of this place from the beginning, well I take that back, when I first joined, there was some kind of argument going on that was quite heated on the forum and I was like ok maybe I should try somewhere else, but I didn't fit in there and came back here, and have felt at home ever since, I was always made to feel welcome, the key is, getting involved, attend events big ones and the little ones, talk on the forum, get to know people. If someone thinks the older members have a strong opinion maybe that is because they have been there and done that before on this forum and want to protect it, a lot of work has gone into building this forum into what it is, and none of us wants to screw it up we have a good thing going here. Back to the click thing, I personally have always felt welcome and never out of place and have made a lot of friends that feel more like family. And I for 1 could really feel out of place as I am a female, but have never been treated like I'm not welcome, they for the most part treat me like one of the boys. Oh and back to the lawyer deal, I still want to know if he has even joined the forum. Ok I'm done jabbering.

On the topic of "clicks"...

Clicks are what you do right before reading a thread.

Cliques are groups of people that feel or act exclusive to others.

Just to clear things up a bit and let people know where I am coming up with this mumbo jumbo. I know that I am not the only person that feels this way and many others have discussed this same topic with me on many occasions so if anybody here feels it is not alive and well, well it is. Second, I am sure people can contest when I say that I have been on just about every main event sense I joined here and participate heavily as well as pitch money in on many things that we have done. So I know it is not from going to events, that is for sure. I also go out of my way to help people with cleaning, detailing, working on, or shoot the breeze when it comes to our cars. But I am certain when I say that there is a presents in pushing members to go one way or another on different issues. As for the friends, I get that, I have been there! I am not going to spell out on all of my reasons that I feel this is present here because I dont feel that it warrants an explination. However, if a club IE: "ACE" wants not only new members but the current members to feel comfortable and feel apart of the TEAM, CLUB, FRIENDS, or what else you want not just told that they are welcome, but actions speak louder than words. If you have been in the club for a long time and feel that ACE is your home, why would you just hang out with your close friends that you have always been hanging with? Why not stretch out and help out the new members, hang out with them, get to know them. I would have to say that I have had to go out of my way to meet new people and break the ice in our own club and I have not even reached my one year mark. I have also gone out to reach new members to bring in to ACE as well as hang out with them and get to know them. I dont even have a single t-shirt yet! But I was on the commity for the Gumball Rally as so many of our club members enjoyed greatly. So going back full cirlce with Marc and his level of expertise and knowledge. I feel he is a Corvette enthusiest that has a passion for our cars as well as keeping us SAFE on the road and do not think for a second that he is just trying to earn business. I feel that I can say that because my mother is a lawyer and understand just how much she works and networks by making friends. But her goals has always been trying to help people and educate them. Now I cannot speak for Marc nor do I want to, I am just giving my point of view and it looks once again that the majority of members on here have already shut it down. Maybe I am just not cut out for this club!

I am just giving my point of view and it looks once again that the majority of members on here have already shut it down. Maybe I am just not cut out for this club!

No way Marc or any attorney will want to do this after he see's the lame questions we're going to ask: "Let's say you're in Canada and you borrow a neighbor's sheep..." I need more people in my click and clique, and cliche. I'm the only one without a tail!

No way Marc or any attorney will want to do this after he see's the lame questions we're going to ask:

"Let's say you're in Canada and you borrow a neighbor's sheep..."

I need more people in my click and clique, and cliche. I'm the only one without a tail!

I say "close" this thread while its safe to do so! Also...

Maybe I am just not cut out for this club!

wickedfastvette

I say "close" this thread while its safe to do so! Also...

Maybe I am just not cut out for this club!

Roberrrrtttt...STOP IT! You can't do that, who's gonna help me detail the C3, huh? Ok, all jokes aside. I think it would out of character for you to do that knowing your background somewhat and I know you're not going to do the same thing that that 1st Shirt did or the crash and burn guy and take his ball and go home...C'mon Robert, you're better than that. You are a great asset to have in ACE and your my bud and I'd feel bad if you left over just a difference of opinion.

I agree. It's simply a difference of opinion. Don't let that ruin your day. As far as some people influencing other's opinions, I think there are just many who think the same way. I've been on here about three years, and I see many outspoken personalities, not sheep. Speaking of sheep...where's John?

One thing that has not been said is that if there is posting on ACE (or anywhere else for that matter) regarding facts of a potential case, there ceases to be attorney / client priviledge. It becomes a matter of public record. BTW, that snippet comes from another attorney who was at the event who I spend much of my free time with. I vote no - - I don't think we need to go down this road. What's next? Life insurance and timeshares?

..... there is a presents in pushing members to go one way or another on different issues.

Robert,

This issue was presented with a poll, everyone had the freedom to vote either way, majority rules! If you have a better way of handling this please let me know...

Nobody, including me can see how you voted.

Nobody asked me to change thier vote.

If you or anyone felt they were being pushed, or were forced to vote a certian way then I need to know about it !!!

This issue sparked some good discussions, you don't know how happy I am that it stayed civil and other than you, everyone seems to be satisfied with the ability to discuss this freely. If anyone feels there is something happening here on the ACE forum or at any ACE event then once again I need to be notified. I will include the other Admins to decide how to handle the situation privately. My PM box is always open!

I'm going to close this since the issue seems to have been answered with the voting.