• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• Phill's Vette

• Bigfoot

• LastC3

Sounds like you guys really did your research. :thumbs So, if Dwayne's old 82 was 200 +/- HP, how much are you guys looking to gain with the new manifold?

Dwayne hit the nail on the head, it is a wet system and with that comes issue. The key is velocity and when the A/F drops out of suspension, so does the power. Thats why using large runner heads on a CF isn't a great idea, bigger isn't always better. A 195 runner is the recommended limit and somewhere between 180 - 195 is the ideal target area. I use Dart Pro1 180s and they work fine, Jim uses Trickflow 195s. The design on the stock manifold is pretty much all wrong and during testing found that the runner inlet's were actually conter productive and causes somewhat a reverse flow as well at the opening being flat and almost against the wall, Ours corrects that issue and excelerates the flow and has the correct runner angle and taper. There is also dead air areas in the stock manifold that we have addressed and corrected. The crosssectional area has as been increased along with a 20% gain in plenum volume area.

so that being said ... will there be more vacuum produced ??? with the dead air areas it would seem so .>???

Sounds like you guys really did your research. :thumbs

So, if Dwayne's old 82 was 200 +/- HP, how much are you guys looking to gain with the new manifold?

Ok, that’s the kicker and a hard question to answer in absolute terms. Every motor is different and is different stagers of repair, mileage even being stock etc... I believe Phill's motor had 135K when we tested it for a month (bone stock) with the manifold installed. We are not posting the true number results of what we got, but we say approx. a 32HP gain at the rear should be expected with just a manifold swap. Is it more than that...we aren't saying, but you may be surprised. With a 383 and an Xram manifold which is a (Weiend Accelerator) manifold already installed and by swapping out that one for ours, there was a 21HP gain at the rear with no tune to correct anything, not bad for just a swap. :)

Sounds awesome Tom. :thumbs I understand motor to motor things will be different plus mods. I was just wondering ball park...you did well. :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update and Good news, the foundry will be pouring three complete manifolds this Saturday and they all will be heat treated. We'll be picking them up on Tuesday and then go directly to the machinist. So with any luck, I'll have one of them on my motor the weekend of the LPM BBQ. :partydance: It all depends on how long the machinist takes to do them and if there are any issues.

Phill's Vette

Tom, If you guys are going to be there for the pours, can I come and watch if I'm able? I won't touch anything, I promise! :troll

So, when's the LS7 version going to be ready ???? :smilelol: Congrat's on such a HUGE accomplishment :yeah:

So, when's the LS7 version going to be ready ???? :smilelol:

Congrat's on such a HUGE accomplishment :yeah:

Tom,

If you guys are going to be there for the pours, can I come and watch if I'm able? I won't touch anything, I promise!

I'll be going to the show and shine in goodyear saturday morning, so I won't be there. If you want to see the pours, wait until we start the production versions and then we'll all go if you want. It is pretty cool to watch how they do that stuff.

Hey Victor, we have one for your motor if you want to be the LS test mule Z0. Not sure if you'll be able to handle the added power though. I'm jus sayin' :partydance::P

Tom,

If you guys are going to be there for the pours, can I come and watch if I'm able? I won't touch anything, I promise!

I'll be going to the show and shine in goodyear saturday morning, so I won't be there. If you want to see the pours, wait until we start the production versions and then we'll all go if you want. It is pretty cool to watch how they do that stuff.

Hey Victor, we have one for your motor if you want to be the LS test mule Z0. Not sure if you'll be able to handle the added power though. I'm jus sayin' :partydance::P

I'm willing to take the risk....need to be back on the top on the drag racing list, and I'm getting tired of being intimidated by the mean CF's around here :lol:bolt:

Tom,

I'm willing to take the risk....need to be back on the top on the drag racing list, and I'm getting tired of being intimidated by the mean CF's around here :lol:bolt:

:thumbs:smilelol:smilelol

I find it hard to believe that you're intimidated by anything, Victor. :lol

A tatt'd Mike Tyson laughing at a burning red corvette would be pretty intimidating......doesn't Tyson drive a cross-fire as well ????? :smilelol

Update and Good news, the foundry will be pouring three complete manifolds this Saturday and they all will be heat treated. We'll be picking them up on Tuesday and then go directly to the machinist. So with any luck, I'll have one of them on my motor the weekend of the LPM BBQ. :partydance: It all depends on how long the machinist takes to do them and if there are any issues.

So when I read this I was..... :banannarainbow::banannasword::banannadance::partygrnhat:

Now I'm :toetap until I can :burnout

• 2 weeks later...

We had three more test pours done and thought I'd post another pic of the raw castings and the first pour together. These three have been heat treated to T6 standard and will get them back fully machined and ready for a test fit and then keep one on my motor, then we can start the production models. :):partydance:

Posted Image

WHat the hell is that stupid thing

LOL, the magic piece that makes a crossfire go around a C5. :P

i thouth crossfires are chryslers

You're correct...but it's for the "other" Crossfire. :facepalm: