Our test pour of manifold

Buccaneer

BORN ON DATE: 01-18-2010 Well, today we made a test pour for our new manifold. Everything went well so far and we are going to be doing three more tomorrow. I thought I'd share a few pics with you guys/gals. Marco was out there at the foundry as well to watch the pour along with about 11 others. For all the CFI guys that are waiting for this, it shouldn't be too much longer as long as the inspection goes well and a prelim of that looks good. The pattern maker was there at the pour also and took the raw casting of the manifold back to their shop to check it against the spec for any defects, but they though it looked pretty good and they were happy with the pour. Enjoy!

This is the master mold of the inside just before they pack it with sand.

Posted Image

These are the pieces that are set into master mold to pour. The pieces are the runners, front and rear water crossover's and the funky yellow piece is the EGR tube.

Posted Image

The pour begins

Posted Image

This is the raw casting right out of the mold after about an 1.5 hours.

Posted Image

We have a lot of pics and I'm still going through all of them. We also took a video of the entire process. I'm just glad we finally did this pour and can hopefully begin the production purs rather soon, within a coule weeks anyway.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• Phill's Vette

• Bigfoot

• LastC3

Phill's Vette

Bout Damn Time DAMMIT!! j/k... kinda :howdy Looks really good Tom! Would of loved to be there to watch, but you know how my Mondays are..... :ack: Give me a call tomorrow (Tuesday). :thumbs

Don't let Marco install one of these on his C-5. j/k Tom, are you pouring these in Maricopa ? :bowtie

Yeah, I think Marc was thinking about doing that, but the power gain would probably be too great. :P Yep, in Maricopa, the same place that does all of T/A Performance's manifolds and parts and Hughes stuff.

Very interesting there...I think Tom got wood while the hot magma was being poured...they say. :bolt:

Wish I had known you guys were pouring, I think I could have gotten away from the RR for a bit to come watch! I got my fingers crossed this one turns out good!

"the funky yellow piece is the EGR tube"

Very nice Tom, but it's YELLER damit!

Yeah, it's Yeller. I tried to get them to make it Dark Claret...didn't happen. :smilelol

This looks like it's for an old school SBC? Any link to the details?

If you want to see the making of and the entire saga, go here. http://www.crossfireinjection.net/renup.html Also click on the link on the top of the page called: Part Deux and there's more...

Cool link! you were nice with your words about parting ways :lol

This looks like it's for an old school SBC? Any link to the details?

If you want to see the making of and the entire saga, go here. http://www.crossfireinjection.net/renup.html Also click on the link on the top of the page called: Part Deux and there's more...

Cool link! you were nice with your words about parting ways :lol

Yeah, it isn't really what we wanted to say when you get basically ripped off by someone, but we were being business PC in our comments. :facepalm: I pick up the manifold today from the machinist. :rockon2: