About a trip to Tucson - 3/19/06

anmracing2

Who here would like to go down to Tucson on a Sunday to visit a museum about cars.... Thats right, I said cars..... Go to our website and scroll down the home page. There is a picture of an old car by an old building. Click on the building....

That's the way I get people to see our site...

Anyways, we could probably set up an appointment for a Sunday and cruise down there. It is an amazing museum with some very impressive cars, every one of them run too....

We haven't been there for years and would like to check it out sometime, but we would need a roll call....

Andrew

*** EDIT *** BTW, click on the car in that picture and you can see some of the cars they have.....

Sounds like a great trip but my next two are booked solid. I have a kid at UofA Law School so the trip could do double duty. I'm in if we do it in 3-4 weeks.

I sent them an email to find out how we can set up an appointment to check it out. I'll try to set it up for the 19th?????

Andrew

3,503 lbs of trouble
I sent them an email to find out how we can set up an appointment to check it out. I'll try to set it up for the 19th?????

I don't know how good the turnout will be if you plan it for the day after the Gila Bend BBQ.

I don't know how good the turnout will be if you plan it for the day after the Gila Bend BBQ.

good point - let's push it out a bit - so we get enough advance notice -

HEY ALL YOU FOLKS that ork on weekends - do we have a weekend when all - or most of you will be off?

My schedule is in an uproar again so just post a latter date and we will just have to see. Back to overnights for about 4 months!!! :cuss

Good point Dan,

Okie dokie, I'm gonna put it on the calander for March 12. That will be two weeks after the Sierra Vista DTC car show.... That should be good. I got a response from the webmaster and he said to let him know what Sunday we would like to be there. So, I'm gonna send him an email to let him know that March 12th. Let me have a show of hands of who can go that day. The more the merrier, you will be amazed at the collection.

Andrew

Its on the calander for March 12.

Hey Dewey,

Let us know where to meet the Tucson crowd for lunch. I figure we would get there around 11:00-11:30ish. I'm gonna tell the museum guys that we'll be there around 1:00. Right after lunch.....

Andrew

Well, it's all up to you guys, I know there's a preference for a certain establishment, and there's one of those on Ina (don't think you want to come all the way onto my side of town), or was can do the 5 & Diner on Stone by the mall, which is where Southern Arizona Corvettes does their cruise nights.

Just let me know.

I'll let the SAC folks know, so that they could join us if they so desire (some of them are members here, but don't know exactly which ones).

Once we figure where we want to eat, then I'll post directions and maps.

Its on the calander for March 12.

Hey Dewey,

Let us know where to meet the Tucson crowd for lunch. I figure we would get there around 11:00-11:30ish. I'm gonna tell the museum guys that we'll be there around 1:00. Right after lunch.....

Andrew

How about March 19th.

The 12th hopefully you will be recovering from our going away party and maybe coming by for lunch as we load the truck.

Well, it's all up to you guys, I know there's a preference for a certain establishment, and there's one of those on Ina (don't think you want to come all the way onto my side of town), or was can do the 5 & Diner on Stone by the mall, which is where Southern Arizona Corvettes does their cruise nights.

Just let me know.

I'll let the SAC folks know, so that they could join us if they so desire (some of them are members here, but don't know exactly which ones).

Once we figure where we want to eat, then I'll post directions and maps.

Sounds good.... We changed it to the 19th on the calander. I'm gonna' send the museum a note to let them know we will be there for the 19th at 1:00. The Phoenix folks will meet at the Krispy Kreme around 8-8:30ish and leave around 9ish, we can meet at the 5 N Diner at the Tucson mall and get to the Franklin museum around 1:00ish..... Let me know and I'll set up the appointment....

Andrew

I'll let the SAC folks know it's the 19th.

However, I will probably not attend, I'll be in Vegas that weekend.

Guest UVETTYA

We'll prolly go with you Andrew. Although I hate driving I-10 to Tucson. Too many idiots. Is that the route you're planning?

And that's March 19th, right?

Steve

I don't know the numbers but there are some great backroad routes down to Tucson. Bryan should know the routes. We took it back from Tucson a year or so ago when we went to the missle silo.

I'll let the SAC folks know it's the 19th.

However, I will probably not attend, I'll be in Vegas that weekend.

Man oh man, we're batting a million on this... I already told them we would be there on the 19th. But we can always do it again later in the year too.. I'll let them know about a week in advance on how many cars to expect....

Andrew

We'll prolly go with you Andrew. Although I hate driving I-10 to Tucson. Too many idiots. Is that the route you're planning?

And that's March 19th, right?

Steve

We can do a back route... I was figuring a little extra time to get there anyways... It didn't seem like it took too long when we went the back way on the last cruise to Tucson.....

Yeah, we'll see if Bryan can give us the hwy numbers......

Andrew

***EDIT***

Steve,

Yes the 19th is a Sunday...

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA

You can go out through Apache Junction on 60 to Florence Junction... then take 79 down to Orro (?sp) Valley. 79's a straight shot and your radar detector can see a long way ahead. :D

Yeah, we'll see if Bryan can give us the hwy numbers......

Andrew

Highway 87 south out of Chandler to Coolidge. Then go from Coolidge over to Florence. Florence down to Oracle Junction, then south into Tucson on Oracle Road.

I sent an e-mail to S.A.C, and they were really receptive, so once you guys decide where for lunch and what times for lunch and the museum visit, I'll let them know.

Dewey

Okay-we're hoping to reschedule this event for later in the spring/early summer. :banghead

There are two other vette events that day so there's no shortage of things to do. We'll mull over a new date at the GB fest and see what works for more people. I guess we'll be kicked off the 'ACE event planning committee', huh? :leaving

M~