NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Powdercoating Calipers

Guest SBA Guy

ouch, now that one hurt :willy

Awwww, you know I'm kidding with ya, Chris! ;) Truce? :howdy

TRUCE!

i can only hope to get my car as clean as you or tim - but i'm gonna start practicing!

I'm always available for help and instruction on Sundays or evenings. :thumbs

sundays are good for me as well - evenings kinda suck since i'm now located on the west side.

perhaps we can make it a corvette sunday - detailing class?

between you and tim offering up assistance, my car should be able to be eaten off of shortly.

:drinkers

sundays are good for me as well - evenings kinda suck since i'm now located on the west side.

between you and tim offering up assistance, my car should be able to be eaten off of shortly.

nothing like Pizza with a splash of simple green and a pinch of gunk!

Can you powdercoat calipers??

I know that powder coating melts around 400 - 450 degrees, that is how it's applied.  I would worry about the brakes getting a little warm after some spirited driving and causing problems.  Maybe the calipers are far enough away from the heat that it won't be a problem, but I think I would use the epoxy paint instead.

just a t hought - but don't you think the Z06 calipers are powdercoated "factory"?

i am ASSUMING they are, but could be proven wrong!

VBp offers in-house powder coating for their calipers, so I'd venture a guess that its ok

you BETTER NOT pinch my junk!

anywho - i used a powdercoating place on washington a while back for a strut tower brace on the mustang - forget what they are called, but i think someone earlier in the thread mentioned them

i'm sure then can do anything you need - and they strip it down and do all the dirty work, you just tell them what color you want!

you BETTER NOT pinch my junk!

anywho - i used a powdercoating place on washington a while back for a strut tower brace on the mustang - forget what they are called, but i think someone earlier in the thread mentioned them

i'm sure then can do anything you need - and they strip it down and do all the dirty work, you just tell them what color you want!

That's the place Keith uses - Arizona Powdercoating on Washington around 48th Street.

If you feel like making a trip to the East side, Chris on some Sunday - just let me know and we'll make it happen! I have no life other than to clean Corvettes. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be sitting around in my bathrobe - feet up and smoking cigars. 6.gif