NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Powdercoating Calipers

Guest SBA Guy

Guest SBA Guy

Hello-

I am looking to paint my calipers on my 02 Vert. I heard that powdercoating is the best way to do this. Does anyone know of someone that does this locally with a good job and price?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Holas

480-510-0894.

Guest XLR8TNC5

I just used the G2 Caliper Paint system for mine (Im pretty sure BLACKSEDAN87 did the same as me) and I have no issues with it. It has held up great the past 2 years. Took me one afternoon to do and I was happy with the turnout.

Tanya

I just used the G2 Caliper Paint system for mine (Im pretty sure BLACKSEDAN87 did the same as me) and I have no issues with it. It has held up great the past 2 years. Took me one afternoon to do and I was happy with the turnout.

Tanya

he may have in the past T, but i remember him saying when we were at Famous Sams that he had a local company do the powdercoating, as someone mentinoed that there was a new forum vendor over at CF that was doing caliper painting.

i used the duplicolor kit for my rear calipers on my black car and they turned out pretty good!

Guest XLR8TNC5
I just used the G2 Caliper Paint system for mine (Im pretty sure BLACKSEDAN87 did the same as me) and I have no issues with it. It has held up great the past 2 years.  Took me one afternoon to do and I was happy with the turnout.

Tanya

he may have in the past T, but i remember him saying when we were at Famous Sams that he had a local company do the powdercoating, as someone mentinoed that there was a new forum vendor over at CF that was doing caliper painting.

i used the duplicolor kit for my rear calipers on my black car and they turned out pretty good!

Ahhh, okay Chris. Thanks for the update. I did not know that.... Guess if I had made it to Famous Sams I would have known. Did he do red again?

T

I just used the G2 Caliper Paint system for mine (Im pretty sure BLACKSEDAN87 did the same as me) and I have no issues with it. It has held up great the past 2 years.  Took me one afternoon to do and I was happy with the turnout.

Tanya

Ahhh, okay Chris. Thanks for the update. I did not know that.... Guess if I had made it to Famous Sams I would have known. Did he do red again?

T

Hey Tanya! Yes - I did use the G2 kit before. I re-did it recently and the calipers powdercoated Blood Red and hand lettered in black. I also re did the caliper carrier in black because I had painted it originally when I painted the calipers. The G2 kit is great, for best results, really take your time and do it.

I re-did it in anticipation of getting new wheels (which I now have). The new wheels show ALOT more of the calipers and the rotors than the old chrome wagons.

Here's a crappy picture of the new wheels and the calipers.....

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Gotta take a better picture in the daylight...... :thumbs

Randy

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow RANDY!!! I love the new look. The calipers look great and those WHEELS kick ASS!!!!!! Nice indeed! Of course, your car always looks TOP NOTCH anyway. Take care.

Tanya

Arizona powdercoating on Washington St.

VERY reasonable, but they do have a lot of business and take about a week.

Excellent selection of colors and finishes.

I'm hoping to get my valve covers to them - silver, of course.

Can you powdercoat calipers??

I know that powder coating melts around 400 - 450 degrees, that is how it's applied. I would worry about the brakes getting a little warm after some spirited driving and causing problems. Maybe the calipers are far enough away from the heat that it won't be a problem, but I think I would use the epoxy paint instead.

Can you powdercoat calipers??

I know that powder coating melts around 400 - 450 degrees, that is how it's applied. I would worry about the brakes getting a little warm after some spirited driving and causing problems. Maybe the calipers are far enough away from the heat that it won't be a problem, but I think I would use the epoxy paint instead.

just a t hought - but don't you think the Z06 calipers are powdercoated "factory"?

i am ASSUMING they are, but could be proven wrong!

Wow RANDY!!! I love the new look. The calipers look great and those WHEELS kick ASS!!!!!! Nice indeed! Of course, your car always looks TOP NOTCH anyway. Take care.

Tanya

Thanks Tanya and Tim! I loved the chrome wagons, but it was time for a newer look. And these sure do make the car look different!

Powdercoating works okay on the calipers because they don't get that hot. A lot of guys spray their calipers with Rustoleum - and not the high temp stuff neccessarily. And I think Chris is right - the O.E.M. Z06 calipers are most likely powdercoated, though I don't know that for sure.

Besides - as Mr. ICULUKN is so fond of telling me, I don't need to worry about that because I don't drive my car....I just clean it. And also as he says - I don't have anything under the hood to make it go fast!" :yesnod:smilelol

Besides - as Mr. ICULUKN is so fond of telling me, I don't need to worry about that because I don't drive my car....I just clean it. And also as he says - I don't have anything under the hood to make it go fast!" :yesnod:smilelol

well - he's right! :leaving

well - he's right!  :leaving

At least I have one to clean..... :P

That was a great comeback Randy... :smilelol

:bs

no it wasn't i have one to clean too - it's black a C4 - you might have seen it at famouns sams :toetap

well - he's right!  :leaving

At least I have one to clean..... :P

That was a great comeback Randy... :smilelol

:bs

no it wasn't i have one to clean too - it's black a C4 - you might have seen it at famouns sams :toetap

Then why don't you? :D

What wheels are those?

I believe iForge.

i Forged Equip 18x9 in front and 19x10 in back in polished and clear coated aluminum. :thumbs

ouch, now that one hurt :willy

Awwww, you know I'm kidding with ya, Chris! ;) Truce? :howdy

TRUCE!

i can only hope to get my car as clean as you or tim - but i'm gonna start practicing!