NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Who Wants To Join Us Sunday Jan 29?

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Marylou and I will be taking a cruise Sunday morning... up I-17, exiting Hwy 69 to Prescott. From there we'll be heading over to Iron Springs (not sure of the highway numbers but it's a very scenic drive) through Skull Valley to Kirkland, then over to Hillside and back down to Hwy 89 through Congress, to Hwy 93.. down through Wickenburg then Hwy 60 back to Surprise, where we live. We've been this route once, except we didn't go to Hillside, so we're not sure what the road is like over that way. If it's not suitable for driving our Vette, we'll turn around at Kirkland and go back to Hwy 89.

This is a cruise for those who like to drive and look at scenery, with a few twisties here and there for the more adventurous. There are not a lot of places to stop and eat/drink/rest, once we leave Prescott, until you get to Wickenburg, about 2½ hrs or so, so plan accordingly. Gas stations and snacks are few and far between.

We anticipate the total cruise will take about 5 hrs (plus rest stops) and is approx. 250 miles round trip.

We'd like to meet at the Quick Trip at 115th Ave and Bell for West side people, and we'll leave there about 9:15 am. Then we'll head to Anthem and wait at the Outlet Mall parking lot, near the Reebok store until 10:30 am.

We plan on eating lunch in Prescott, but we don't know of a good place to eat there... we usually do KFC or Arby's as we come to one. If anyone wants to go along and knows of a good sit down restaurant in Prescott or Prescott Valley, please suggest it.. we're open for suggestions.

Also, none of this is written in stone, we usually just jump in the Vette and drive until we need a stretch or potty break. Again, we anticipate about a 2½ hr drive from Prescott to Congress, with very few ammenities along the way, but there are gas stations in Skull Valley and Kirkland. I don't know what's in Hillside, we've never been there.

We expect to be back in Surprise sometime after 3PM, probably closer to 4 or later, depending on rest stops.

If anyone wants to go along and has suggestions, please post them, or just show up at the meeting points and we'll take it from there. :burnout

Steve and Marylou 602 538-9865 (cell phone)

Last time we took a cruise up to Prescott we ate at the Palace Saloon (see below link). Decent food and average prices. It's right in downtown Prescott but they just completed a big parking garage just behind the restaurant.

http://www.historicpalace.com/

Guest UVETTYA
Last time we took a cruise up to Prescott we ate at the Palace Saloon (see below link). Decent food and average prices. It's right in downtown Prescott but they just completed a big parking garage just behind the restaurant.

http://www.historicpalace.com/

Thanks Eddie. If we get any takers, we might give it a try.

Steve

man, i'd love to go, but i'm vetteless right now, i'm sure the G/F wouldn't mind a cruise up there either.

keep these great little cruises coming, i'm be joining them when i get one or both of my cars back.

Man, we would like to go but Melissa is feeling a little under the weather. Maybe next Sunday?

Andrew

Guest 1FASTC4

Sounds like a nice lil Cruise but my vette is back at Auto Renew for a lil touch up.

Dernit, will probably be about the only time a cruise starts from my town too.

:cool

Guest UVETTYA
Man, we would like to go but Melissa is feeling a little under the weather. Maybe next Sunday?

Andrew

Andrew, tell Melissa we're sorry she's not feeling well, and we hope she get's to feeling better soon. Here's a rose for her... @/--<

Don't worry... we take a cruise somewhere most every Sunday.

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
man, i'd love to go, but i'm vetteless right now, i'm sure the G/F wouldn't mind a cruise up there either.

keep these great little cruises coming, i'm be joining them when i get one or both of my cars back.

I was Vettless for about 3 months last summer and it was a bummer. So I feel your pain.

But we'll invite you again... we go almost every Sunday. :burnout

Steve

Guest UVETTYA
Sounds like a nice lil Cruise but my vette is back at Auto Renew for a lil touch up.

Dernit, will probably be about the only time a cruise starts from my town too.

:cool

Where do you live? Anthem?

We don't like to do the Interstates too much... too many 18 wheelers tossing rocks at us.. and both I-17 North of the Valley and I-10 to Tucson are usually packed. But we head up that way and get off at Sedona occasionally.

Like I said we go somewhere most every Sunday, so we'll be posting a lot of these in the weeks to come.

Steve

Guest 1FASTC4

I live in Surprise. Mountain Vista Ranch at Bell and Reems.

Lately though I've basically lived at Good Sam... wife is there, pregnant with 6.

This Sunday her sisters will be spending the day with her so it is a good day for me to do something. Ah well... maybe next time. :)

Guest UVETTYA
I live in Surprise. Mountain Vista Ranch at Bell and Reems.

Lately though I've basically lived at Good Sam... wife is there, pregnant with 6.

This Sunday her sisters will be spending the day with her so it is a good day for me to do something. Ah well... maybe next time. :)

Great! We live in Surprise too... at Coyote Lakes... 115th and Union Hills.

We take a cruise every Sunday, so keep an eye on the events board when you get your car back. We'll post up where we're going prior to Sunday.

If anyone else wants to chime in and suggest a Sunday run, please do so. We'll tag along with you.

And did you mean your wife is having number six? You said she's pregnant with 6.

:eek

Steve

Guest 1FASTC4

My wife Stacy is pregnant w/ 6.. as in having sextuplets.

Edit: I definitely watch the boards, after the kids come home I fear I will have little time for cruises. :)

This Sunday I must perform duties so I may receive a paycheck. Will keep an eye out for you though, you fellow westsider!!!

Guest UVETTYA

Edit: I definitely watch the boards, after the kids come home I fear I will have little time for cruises. :)

Sextuplets!! Oh my gawd! You go dood!! :smilelol

Sounds like you won't have time for anything! :willy

Guest UVETTYA
This Sunday I must perform duties so I may receive a paycheck. Will keep an eye out for you though, you fellow westsider!!!

Awright! We'll be ready when you are, homey. Westside rules! :flag

Guest UVETTYA

Edit:  I definitely watch the boards, after the kids come home I fear I will have little time for cruises. :)

Sextuplets!! Oh my gawd! You go dood!! :smilelol

Sounds like you won't have time for anything! :willy

All joking aside... I hope everything goes well. We'll keep you, your wife and the babies in our prayers.

Steve and Marylou

Guest 1FASTC4

Thanks Steve, Stacy and I really appreciate it. Some friends of mine are throwing a charity car wash, probably at the Chick-fil-A at Bell and Grand on the 25th. Would be cool if we could some A.C.E. vettes out there, even if they didn't get washed. I believe KEZ will be doing a remote out there... channel 3 and the discovery channel will be filiming.

man whore

man whore

:willydeuce.jpg

Guest UVETTYA

Well, we had the cruise today. Ron showed up so that made two of us. We had a good time, and I think Ron did too. We had lunch at a the Stone Ridge golf course restaurant in Prescott, on Ron's suggestion, and it was great. Then we blasted through Iron Springs, Skull Valley, Kirkland, Congress, Yarnell, Wickenburg and got home a little after 4. Here are a couple pix...

DSC03752.jpg

DSC03748.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03768.jpg

DSC03771.jpg

Glad Ron showed up. I almost went, but I would had to have brought the whole Fam Damily in the Tahoe. So I decided not to go on this one.

Maybe another time.

Phil... :devil