NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

How About a Sunday Run?

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Hi all, :howdy

I'm new the the group. I've only met a few of you... Andrew and Melissa, Brian, James and Eddie last Sunday, Tony and Ken (and Gary if he's here) and a few others at the AZ P&S Show.

My wife (Marylou) and I both work Saturdays, so it's going to be nearly impossible for us to join you all on your normal Saturday cruises. Bummer. I've been off work on medical for a month, and I'll be going back to work next week, so with all my vacation time used up there's little chance we'll be able to make any of the Saturday cruises for at least a couple months. And even then it will be hard for us both to coordinate a Saturday off.

However, Marylou and I have every Sunday and Monday off, and we have a black C5 Z06, so almost every Sunday for the last year we've taken a cruise. We've always gone alone however, since we don't belong to a club, and didn't know any other Vette owners until just recently.

Last Saturday while helping James with his Vette at Andrew and Melissa's, we related how we always take a Sunday cruise, and Andrew suggested that I ask here if anyone else wanted to do a Sunday cruise.

I'm not much of an organizer, myself, I'm not familiar with how you guys organize cruises, or any of the other protocals that I'm sure you all abide by, but we'd like to invite anyone here who's interested in a Sunday cruise, to help us put one together and maybe show us the ropes, so to speak.

Usually we just jump in the Vette and head out, at our leisure, then we decide where we're going, depending on our mood. We go to Payson often, for lunch (I like the twisties up and down the hill) and sometimes coming back by way of Roosevelt and Globe, other times we head to Prescott or Show Low or Sedona or Cottonwood and we've made a couple trips to the Grand Canyon. Sometimes we do an over-night in Laughlin or Vegas or San Diego, although we don't gamble much, or drink, but we like to eat, shop and watch shows, and on Sunday nights when we do a stay-over we can usually find pretty cheap rates at the better hotels. Usually, however, we just do a one day cruise.

So we'll probably go somewhere this Sunday, and if anyone wants to go along, or help us organize something for everyone or as many as are interested, let us know. We're open for suggestion and think it would be fun to go with a group. But being new to the group and inexperienced at this, we don't know how to put a cruise together.

So I'm just tossing this out there, and I'll wait and see what comes back.

Steve

Sometimes spur of the moment works, otherwise, a little detail like, what's on your mind, when, where we going, meeting at?, time? Eastsiders vs. Westsiders locations, the usual, but so far your doing fine :smilelol

:withstupid:rolf

Maybe a new section should be added-"Who wants to join me!!"

Post your intentions and if others show cool, if not, no biggy you were going alone anyway!!

Kind of a forum blog!!

I Like it!! :thumbs

Ken

Guest UVETTYA
:withstupid:rolf

Maybe a new section should be added-"Who wants to join me!!"

Post your intentions and if others show cool, if not, no biggy you were going alone anyway!!

Kind of a forum blog!!

I Like it!! :thumbs

Ken

Hey Ken, I think that's a great idea!

Marylou and I will talk it over tonight and post up a suggestion. I'm thinking off the top of my head we could offer two meeting points and times... one on the West side where we live, and another on the East side if we're going that way... or somewhere in the middle if we're going North, If someone shows up we'll cruise with them, otherwise we'll just go alone. That leaves it open for the spur of the moment decision makers and the planners as well... :thumbs

we really don't have a protocol.

it kinda goes like this

hmmm, i'd like to cruise to (insert place here)

maybe i'll post it up on the forum

day/date, time, and meeting place with final destination in mind

pick a few arbitrary "rest stops" along the route (especially good if you've been the route before and know where the stops are - this allows for a meeting point for some of us that may want to run ahead of the rest of the group :leaving

get to final destination - and do what bryan did in pinetop - "cruise is OVER - GO HOME! unless you want to follow us back to the valley!" :lol

Guest XLR8TNC5
"cruise is OVER - GO HOME! unless you want to follow us back to the valley!" :lol

Or to HOOTERS....lol. We ALWAYS go to HOOTERS! AGGGGGGGGGGGH! :rolleyes

"cruise is OVER - GO HOME! unless you want to follow us back to the valley!"  :lol

well true - but last time some of us stopped at split window - didn't you mark and ken go to hooters AFTER that ?

"cruise is OVER - GO HOME! unless you want to follow us back to the valley!"  :lol

Never heard complaints about wings and beer until now ........

Never heard complaints about wings and beer until now ........

Especially from her :crazy:lol