NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

"Service Vehicle Soon" message

Guest AZC5Z06

Well, pulling the grounds is free. I'd start there. Do a search on Corvette Forum about it and you'll find A LOT of info, with pictures and all. It could be the battery, but I'd attack the free things first.

:yesnod

As for what type of battery to buy I would highly suggest you go with a gel type battery. Several manufacturers out there however Optima Red Top seems to be the popular choice. Others are probably just as good and maybe cheaper than Optima.

The C5 is notoriously vulnerable to leaking batteries as the main computer is placed directly under the battery. If it leaks you'll have a bigger problem than "service vehicle soon" message.

Just out of curiousity did you or someone else reset your oil change interval message the last time your oil was changed? I think you get this message when you reach 0% on the oil monitor. If you had your neighborhood Jiffy Lube do the change I'd bet they have no idea it's there let alone how to reset it. Just a thought.

Guest AZC5Z06
As for what type of battery to buy I would highly suggest you go with a gel type battery. Several manufacturers out there however Optima Red Top seems to be the popular choice. Others are probably just as good and maybe cheaper than Optima.

The C5 is notoriously vulnerable to leaking batteries as the main computer is placed directly under the battery. If it leaks you'll have a bigger problem than "service vehicle soon" message.

Just out of curiousity did you or someone else reset your oil change interval message the last time your oil was changed? I think you get this message when you reach 0% on the oil monitor. If you had your neighborhood Jiffy Lube do the change I'd bet they have no idea it's there let alone how to reset it. Just a thought.

I looked into the Optimas and i'm finding they are about 165 bucks? yikes, just may have to bite the bullet. the interval was reset, yes. great suggestion. thank you.

My buddy Chris has a 2003 Vert that is giving a service abs/tc message. It only has about 15k miles. The stealership told him $1400 to replace it. I am telling him we need to clean the terminals and grounds. Maybe we could get a couple C5's together and make it a Corvette Sunday repair thing with several people involved?

Who has done this before? I'd like to organize something on the westside.

Guest Sidewinder

I looked into the Optimas and i'm finding they are about 165 bucks? yikes, just may have to bite the bullet. the interval was reset, yes. great suggestion. thank you.

Bob we cleaned those grounds when ya brought the car in. Hopefuly a battery will fix your problem.

Guest AZC5Z06

Bob we cleaned those grounds when ya brought the car in. Hopefuly a battery will fix your problem.

Good God, you guys freaking rock! If that battery doesn't fix it, I'll bring the car in to you.

joe@cpr.com
My buddy Chris has a 2003 Vert that is giving a service abs/tc message. It only has about 15k miles. The stealership told him $1400 to replace it. I am telling him we need to clean the terminals and grounds. Maybe we could get a couple C5's together and make it a Corvette Sunday repair thing with several people involved?

it's the EBCM module. go to absfixer.com $150 bucks and comes w/ a warranty.

I'm just gonna say that ACE and LPM rules!!! :) Is the module a bolt in replacement thing that is cop/idiot proof?

joe@cpr.com
I'm just gonna say that ACE and LPM rules!!! :) Is the module a bolt in replacement thing that is cop/idiot proof?

ya it's really not hard. there is multiple threads w/ pictures on corvetteforum.com go to c5 tech i bet they have a sticky up

Just install a donut in the EBCM, nothing will stop Ted from finding it.

it's the EBCM module. go to absfixer.com $150 bucks and comes w/ a warranty.

Absfixer can only correct/repair certain EBCM error codes, the website lists them

Guest AZC5Z06

Well, new battery same thing. Looks like it's the alternator. Warranty here we come. Thank you again LPM!

• 1 month later...
Guest AZC5Z06

Got the alternator and starter replaced under warranty by LPM. Starts and runs like a champ! Did a little extra maintenance work on the headers, thank you guys! As always, took care of me very well.

Guest Sidewinder

Thanks for bringin' your baby to us again Bob, we appreciate it. It's nice to be able to do GMPP Warranty work for customers now. They are very easy to get along with and very easy to get repairs approved by GMPP.

Thanks for bringin' your baby to us again Bob, we appreciate it. It's nice to be able to do GMPP Warranty work for customers now. They are very easy to get along with and very easy to get repairs approved by GMPP.

I have GMPP and think I broke my cam and heads...can you help? :noevil:

I have GMPP and think I broke my cam and heads...can you help? :noevil:

LOL yes they are broke cause they are too small :P hahaha