AUG - Cruise to Arizona Snowbowl & Ride the Scenic Skyride

coconut girl

coconut girl

Please join my brother and I for a trip up to the cool pines August 5th. Web site - http://www.arizonasnowbowl.com/

If we get 10 folks to go on the Skyride it is only:

• Adults (ages 13-64): $7.50

• Seniors (ages 65–69): $5

• Juniors (ages 8-12): $5

• Kids 7 and under: FREE

• Seniors 70 and over: FREE

Lunch: We will eat lunch around 11:30-12:00 before going up to Snowbowl @ Beaver Street Brewery (recommend in another thread). Web site - http://beaverstreetbrewery.com/

Route - Will go up I-17 and come back through Oak Creek/Sedona.

I live in Prescott, so I could use some ideas/help setting up a meeting place for the folks down in the Valley.

Below are the Google Map miles & times from Phoenix. I will adjust the miles & times after a meeting spot is selected down in the Valley.

Phoenix to Cordes Junction McDonald's (Hwy 69 & I-17) = 67 miles, 1 hour 13 minutes (Pit Stop)

Hwy 69 & I-17 to Flagstaff =83 miles, 1 hour 23 minutes (Lunch)

Flagstaff to Arizona Snowbowl= 9 miles, 14 minutes (Ride the Lift)

More details, times and meeting places to follow.

Who’s Going?

From Prescott (Prescott folks will meet @ Cosco on Hwy 69 & leave at 9:00 am)

Pam (1) COCONUT GIRL

Scott (1)

John & Penny - GDADTOY (Meeting @ Gilpin Ford)

Ron (2)

grobengieser1 (2) Will meet us at the Brewery

Phil & Sandy (Meeting @ Gilpin Ford)

Chip & Jan

Penny and Darrel (Meeting @ Gilpin Ford)

From the Valley (The Valley folks will meet at the McDonald's at I-17 and Carefree Highway. Leave at 9:00am)

(will meet up with folks from Prescott at Cordes Junction McDonald's Hwy 69 & I-17 around 9:30 am)

Jim (Maybe) THE CMSH

Donna (2) CHAMELEON

Steven (Maybe) c6-na-killa

Michael & Missy (Maybe)

Jon (Maybe)

Route Map

I did that trip 4 years ago with a different Vette group and enjoyed it a lot. It was in June, so there was still a little snow and sorta chilly. A little caution though. The higher elevation makes some body functions change. Sometimes you just can't wait for the previous person to finish.

post-851-025310000 1341522512.jpg

Pinned it for ya Pam :thumbs I won't know for a couple weeks at least but sounds great. I'll put a link to this thread on your calendar event too

Pam, a good Phoenix meetpoint could be the McDonald's at I-17 and Carefree Highway. That's where the Father's Day Cruise meets up. It is only 38 miles from there to the McDonalds' at I-17 and Hwy 69. I'm 50/50 right now on going. Will know when the time gets closer.

coconut girl

Mahalo Jim for the pin and making the link on the calendar. Mahalo Donna for the suggested meeting spot. Sounds like a good one. I know this drive is ways off but the calendar was already full of great events. Hope both of you can make it.

coconut girl

I want to be in Flagstaff by 11:30am so folks would need to leave Phoenix around 9:00 to 9:30 am.

coconut girl

I attempted to make my 1st post a little more smart phone friendly. I added August 5th to the first line. I have a stupid phone and don't think about viewing ACE on a tiny tiny little screen! Thanks for the insight Steven and join us for this cruise should be fun.

wickedfastvette

Sounds like fun Pam! I did this cruise with you last time, if I am in town I am in.

coconut girl

Great Cherye hope you can make it. I will add you as a maybe.

I'm a new member and have to work saturdays so this sunday event will be my first. join the rest of you at the Phoenix site. this is a sunday right?

I'm a new member and have to work saturdays so this sunday event will be my first. join the rest of you at the Phoenix site. this is a sunday right?

Yes, it's a Sunday. There will be a Phoenix meeting time posted when the event gets closer. . .

There is also a Sunday event this weekend on the 15th, cruising to Payson.

coconut girl

Hope you can make it Steve.

I updated the first post with meet up location & time for the folks in the Valley

coconut girl

Penny & I are in from Dewey

Great John glad you can make it.

We can meet you in Dewey on the way to I-17.

Let me know what location will work for you.

Penny & I are in from Dewey

Great John glad you can make it.

We can meet you in Dewey on the way to I-17.

Let me know what location will work for you.

Sounds good Pam, anywhere is fine. Galpin Ford at 69 & 169 is a good spot if thats good with your group? Let me know what time you want us there & it will happen! Thanks John

coconut girl

Galpin Ford at 69 & 169 sounds fine. I will figure out what time and post it up later.

coconut girl

I live in tempe and im a maybe if im not out of town

Hope you can join us Steven. Should be fun.

They have the biggest Aspen trees I have ever seen up there.

I will put you down as a maybe.