C5 Headlights

Don&Patty

Spent a frustrating hour last night re-aiming my headlights. The C5 has some of worst headlights that I have ever seen, or actually not seen. My wife PT Cruiser puts out three times as much light as the Z06. Put in some new Euro H.I.D. Xenon bulbs and saw some improvement but not much. Also, tried putting in high beam bulbs in the low bean socket but that was not great either. Looks like the only cure is a set of T-84?s. Will have to check into them. Anyone using T-84's ????????????

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Spent a frustrating hour last night re-aiming my headlights. The C5 has some of worst headlights that I have ever seen, or actually not seen. My wife PT Cruiser puts out three times as much light as the Z06. Put in some new Euro H.I.D. Xenon bulbs and saw some improvement but not much. Also, tried putting in high beam bulbs in the low bean socket but that was not great either. Looks like the only cure is a set of T-84?s. Will have to check into them. Anyone using T-84's ????????????

I can get you superbrite HIDs for $450 plus install... LITERALLY blinding if you stare straight into them and make night look like day :) I want them for mine but im really holding out for someone to make some nice non pop up lights

Don, Come on out here and take a ride in my 23 year old technology. Even with the brights on, my vette doesn't compare to anything they have out on the road today...

Wanna see what 75mph is like across the desert out here??? :eek:eek:eek

im really holding out for someone to make some nice non pop up lights

i'm with you - i want non popups!

there's a guy on CF in C5 general who posted for his friend PHUC (no joke) and this guy has what people are describing as Acura NSX headlights and some work on his front fascia - do a search for phuc and you'll find his post - it is a SWEET setup - but costly and i'm sure time consumig getting the body work done!

Read that post. The lights look great but your right costly he said it cost him 5K. Doing some of the work myself is OK but will have to see just what was involved. Would be great if someone were to come up with a non-popup lighting system that was reasonable in price say in the hundreds rather the thousands. I've seen some systems that are $1500 to $2000 but still way to much $$$$$$. Again maybe T-84's for $400 is the way to go for now although I do like the non-popups.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
What do the HID's look like, and pics?

I will snag some for you, they come in yellow, blue and purple... look just like the BMWs and Porsches with them!

halogen_HID.JPG

HID_1.JPG

I have HIDs in my C5. See me at the next corvette gathering and I will turn day to night for you. Just a FYI .... they are illegal........ HID's are supposed to point the opposite way of a normal bulb and shine through a reflector. That is why mine are so F'in bright.