NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

new to the site

jophis37

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the site. I live down in Sierra Vista and own a 2002 blk Z06. The only mods done so far are lg's, vararam, and ghl's. I'm looking to either go h/c or FI sometime in the next year, so I'll be asking lots of questions.

Welcome to the site,Ask all the questions you want,and if we don't know the awnser we'll fake it and ask someone who does. :D

:withstupid What he said! Welcome! :howdy

Welcome to the site,Ask all the questions you want,and if we don't know the awnser we'll fake it and ask someone who does. :D

:withstupid What he said! Welcome! :howdy

But mostly we'll fake it.... :yesnod

Welcome to the gang - from the North Phoenix crew! :howdy

Melissa

You'll notice I refrained from saying something about another black C5 joining up.... ;)

Doh! I guess I just ruined that.... :devil Do the other color C5's hang out in a different forum? Hmmm....

M-

Thanks for the welcomes.

First ?.. I just dynoed my car after installing the mods previously listed, My dyno graph looks like s**t. The tq and hp curves are not nice at all. Do you think w/ a tune this could be striaghten out and will it be possible to gain another 5-10 tq/hp. I put down 379 rwhp and 376 rwtq. After puting 359/355 stock w/ only adding a K&N, I was hoping to be more so in the 380's than the 370's. Anyone think it's worth the tune, opr should I just sasve the money and add it to the savings for the h/c package?

I would just save the money and add a cam, it should get you around 40 more HP.

Talk with Mike at AZ Power and Sound. He will probably jump in here soon.

Phil...

Joe, it's about time you made it here. I meet a lot of people at the track event. They are a bunch of cool guys/gals on here. We will have to do the next big event together. You will have a blast!

I would just save the money and add a cam, it should get you around 40 more HP.

Talk with Mike at AZ Power and Sound. He will probably jump in here soon.

Phil...

yeah, if you're gonna do a H/C package - i would save the money for the tune until AFTER you have the H/C

not bad numbers for just adding an intake though! :thumbs

Welcome. Nothing wrong with another Black 2002 Z06.

:agree

That's true - but I am wondering if we're only recruiting black cars these days....j/k

M-

ps-would like to see the change in numbers once the new parts go on!

Welcome.  Nothing wrong with another Black  2002 Z06.

Did someone say Black Z06??

All righty!! :thumbs

Welcome!!

Don't be taken in by the dyno game!!!

A street car with those numbers is more than enough!!

I see you know Tony, so I guess I'll retract that last statement!! :smilelol:smilelol

The whole thing with any car, but especially a Corvette is

#1 What are you looking to achieve.

It could be 11.5 quarters, or a specific lap time at a track or Autocross class!

#2 Talk to people that have achieved your goal, and they will be happy to tell you what

NOT to do. This will save you money and frustration because they did the experiment

before you!!

Ken

Love the black Z's, guys, Thanks for the advise. I'm gonna go ahead and get the tune. Then wait a little while. It seems you here of something new comming out for these cars all the time. Last I heard Andy at A&A corvettes put a set of ETP heads, small cam and left the stock exhaust on a Z06 and got 470 rwhp and something like 426rwtq. So I'm just gonna sit back and take my time. Hopfully Tony will get a case of the mod bug, and I can see what works for him.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Oops, Im a little late jumping in here, but I just wanted to say, WELCOME to you as well. Even though, I own a Black Corvette, it is not a Z06, but I would also advise save your cash, put the h/c package in your car and then tune tune tune to your hearts desire to get those numbers that you are looking for. It took me a while, but man oh man, once we got the h/c done and tuned it.....well, you can see the results for yourself.

And yes, Mike from AZ Power and Sound did all the work.I highly recommend him and his shop.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We all have no problems here helping another Corvette owner out.

Take it easy and I am looking forward to meeting ya sometime.

Tanya

Welcome!!

I see you know Tony, so I guess I'll retract that last statement!! :smilelol:smilelol

It could be 11.5 quarters, or a specific lap time at a track or Autocross class!

#2 Talk to people that have achieved your goal, and they will be happy to tell you what

NOT to do. This will save you money and frustration because they did the experiment

before you!!

Ken

I'd be happy with 550-550 rwhp lol................ I think lol.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Isn't that what we all say? HEHEHEHE!

Take it easy Tony. Talk to you soon.

Tanya

Welcome!!

before you!!

Ken

i'm with tanya on this one!

i kinda thought that too - but i wanna hit the 1K mark! :leaving