44 email notifications?

Eddie44

I opened up my email this afternoon and had 44 email notifications of responses to threads on this forum. What's up with that? I haven't changed anything.

I opened up my email this afternoon and had 44 email notifications of responses to threads on this forum. What's up with that? I haven't changed anything.

Were they all replies by Andrew? I got a load too and he was the reason. He must have been away and was catching up. Andrew is GOOD!

I thought I heard that to but dismissed it as the noise of the house cracking from the cold.

I guess what I didn't make clear is I don't have the email notification turned on. How am I receiving 44 emails?

I guess what I didn't make clear is I don't have the email notification turned on. How am I receiving 44 emails?

Secret admirer?

Secret admirer?

I hope she's cute :banannadance:

Secret admirer?

I hope she's cute :banannadance:

Sorry Eddie.......put the L on your forehead..............she's even got a stash :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:thumbs

I have not changed anything. Dwayne, have you?

No, all I did was send the monthly news letter...

Eddie, what time was the first email you got???

I also recieved an email back from the newsletter from a member that said this was the first one he's seen in years!

Maybe the spam filters on the major servers finally updated and removed us from the list????

The first one I got was at 9:11 am and I'm still getting them.

BTW if you did the newsletter I never received that. I have never received a newsletter via email.

Maybe the spam filters on the major servers finally updated and removed us from the list????

That is likely what happened.

The mass email started at 9:44 so that had nothing to do with it???

Maybe try changing youir email address to something else, then change it back. I thought we had it all working!

I'll post the newsletter in a minute.

Some of my notifications from ACE are blocked by my spam removal and some others get through to my mailbox ?????????

Were they all replies by Andrew? I got a load too and he was the reason. He must have been away and was catching up. Andrew is GOOD!

:howdy

Andrew

Andrew

Before yesterday I never got notifications. It just started happening out of the blue.

BTW I do feel the love you guys! Keep those cards and letters coming :lol

Ok, I was looking at this. Go to "My Controls" look on the left side near the bottom for "Email Settings" and click.

There are a set of 5 check boxes. If the last one is checked it states:

"Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to."

Just a thought.

Hey Eddie,

I did notice that you welcomed a few of the new members twice so maybe it's the ole' noodle that's changed????????????? :P

Andrew

Andrew

Before yesterday I never got notifications. It just started happening out of the blue.

Eddie, are they coming from a particular section of the forum? Corvette General, Tech, Off Topic, etc... Or they coming from the ones you posted in?

Andrew

Eddie, are they coming from a particular section of the forum? Corvette General, Tech, Off Topic, etc... Or they coming from the ones you posted in?

My recollection is they're coming from all sections but only ones that I've posted in. I'll double check when I get home. Accessing my personal email here from work is a real PITA.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I found my problem. I had apparently changed something in my control panel under view topics. I kept checking email notifications, etc. I just changed the setting under "View Topics". :partydance: