What's changed? and $$$$

Tim

Some reason today I started getting email from the forum to topic I subscribed to, been trying to do that since I joined.....Yeah!!

Did I pass a special threshold?

At one time I donated to the forum, figured it's about time I did it again, I understand that this isn't required, but it's got to cost somebody something, but I've foregotten how I accomplished that. ????

I don't know, but I got one for the news letter and it didn't show up as SPAM. Maybe that's why. COX was calling it spam from the board before.

Donation link! Or contact Phil (1EvilC5) via PM :thumbs

Excellent thank....$25 on it's way.

Tim just a quick note to let you know that I received the $$. ACE thanks for the support.

Some reason today I started getting email from the forum to topic I subscribed to, been trying to do that since I joined.....Yeah!!

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Suddenly I'm getting email notifications on any topic I post to. :banghead

Thanks for supporting ACE Tim, and anyone else that donates :clap

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Suddenly I'm getting email notifications on any topic I post to. :banghead

I think I am too. Not sure though 'cause I haven't been on for the past few weeks but I had a lot of notification that I didn't get before..... Odd I must say......

Andrew

Ok, I was looking at this. Go to "My Controls" look on the left side near the bottom for "Email Settings" and click.

There are a set of 5 check boxes. If the last one is checked it states:

"Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to."

Just a thought.

Ok, I was looking at this. Go to "My Controls" look on the left side near the bottom for "Email Settings" and click.

"Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to."

Just a thought.

I think that's an excellent thought but I unchecked that this morning and have still been receiving the emails. The other question I would ask is why if that box was checked all this time have I just begun receiving the email notifications?

wickedfastvette
This is the first time since joining that I have recieved the newsletter in an email.

I think that's an excellent thought but I unchecked that this morning and have still been receiving the emails. The other question I would ask is why if that box was checked all this time have I just begun receiving the email notifications?

Delayed reaction by the software? Maybe they'll stop coming tomorrow?

oh stop it...I only don't get my messages from Smitty - everything else works fine, probably because I have MAC's!

if it weren't for ACE I wouldn't need the internet - I'm just glad you're all here!

:D

Look, nothing has changed with the software, I have recieved every email from the forum for years, (gmail)...

It is those cheap azz services you guys use like cox, aol, yahoo, and msn!

GOOGLE RULEZ!

:lol

If anyone wants an invite to gmail I can send you one!

Nope! Still coming and I've unchecked boxes and changed my email address and changed it back. I'm just baffled why all of a sudden something changed. Maybe the Gremlins changed one of my settings while I wasn't looking.

Maybe the Gremlins changed one of my settings while I wasn't looking.

Did you feed them after midnight or get them wet? You're not supposed to do that. It's bad...

Nope! Still coming and I've unchecked boxes and changed my email address and changed it back. I'm just baffled why all of a sudden something changed. Maybe the Gremlins changed one of my settings while I wasn't looking.

...any recent software updates installed? I really hosed up my flight sim computer when I accidently installed an update.

Marana Rich

Just a thought.

Also, go to Personal Profile and find Edit Personal Portal Information, there are some options there that might result in you getting notifications. See if changing any of those makes a difference.