NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wow drilled and slotted and ceramic work!

Guest azz061

Guest azz061

well i had to work saturday on short notice so i missed the cruise! But got done with work and me and a fellow vette friend installed GM drilled and slotted rotors on the car and ceramic pads! Wow what a difference they make! Also the dust is a whole lot less! Took a 200 mile cruise today and they feel great!

Everyone should do this mod!

I never did the rotors but I did do the ceramic pads on my C5 when I had it and they are wonderful in my opinion. I'm sure under the severist of braking they probably aren't as efficient but considering 99.9% of the time it's normal braking I'll be going with ceramic on my C6 soon.

I did the drilled and slotted rotors a month or so ago, but I used NAPA gold version brake pads, I haven't had to stomp them yet but so far they stop as well as the originals that were on my vette when I bought it!!!

I did drilled and slotted mainly for the looks. :cool

I just did the C5 front brake conversion on my C4 - wow what a difference! I went with the GM drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. :rockon2:

:agree I love the ceramics and not having to clean my wheels every 24 hours. I'm gonna buy drilled and slotted during next pad change. any recommendations as to where and how much?

I did iRotors & pads on both the C3 and C5 ........ love em .... :peace:

What are the recommend pad / rotor combo? There is a GP on CF for Baer. Was thinking of the decelarotors. Any opinions?