NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

"Misfire" solved

Ted Y

Well, I figured out my problem which prevented me from driving the Vette to Gila Bend. I found a vacuum hose from the intake that got disconnected and the #6 and #8 cylinders were sucking in fresh air. That's why the idle was high. I figured it out when I tried to turn on the lights and nothing happened.

Luckily, I don't think I ran it far enough to scorch anything inside. Now I need to pick up a small hose clamp to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Oh well, at least it wasn't something major!

Well, I figured out my problem which prevented me from driving the Vette to Gila Bend. I found a vacuum hose from the intake that got disconnected and the #6 and #8 cylinders were sucking in fresh air. That's why the idle was high. I figured it out when I tried to turn on the lights and nothing happened.

Luckily, I don't think I ran it far enough to scorch anything inside. Now I need to pick up a small hose clamp to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Oh well, at least it wasn't something major!

Don't you only have one vacuum line? :smilelol

There's a couple... Brakes, lights & wipers, A/C, vacuum advance. :)

It was under the 14" air cleaner and not easily seen, too.

Sorry the 70 didn't make the GB run with the other old girls but glad it wasn't anything serious. :thumbs

Ted's lying. He just didn't want to drive that far in her. It's all a rouse....

Bromley's Corvettes

Yeah the high idle and the lights not coming up and the funny smell give it away lol. If you took it to G/B you could have burned a exhaust valve usally #8. The hose got knocked off when you where working on it like plugs and wires or cap and rotor and air cleaner.

Yeah the high idle and the lights not coming up and the funny smell give it away lol. If you took it to G/B you could have burned a exhaust valve usally #8. The hose got knocked off when you where working on it like plugs and wires or cap and rotor and air cleaner.

Yeah, that and it's an after market intake with a crappy short connection that needs a clamp and doesn't have one... :)

Ted's lying. He just didn't want to drive that far in her. It's all a rouse....

Actually I just didn't want Cahd to be the only one coming in a foreign truck to an American sports car rally.

As a follow up, I got a small clamp on the end of the hose to keep it in place. I actually drove OVER 25 whole miles to TEXAZC6 house and back without breaking down or having to stop and fix something! :D

It's a good day in the life of a C3 owner.