NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Fastest-Fat-Guy-in-a-Vert

Desertdawg

Seen this new addition to Dean's sig...

2007 & 2009 ACE "Fastest-Fat-Guy-in-a-Vert" Best e.t. - 12.143 @ 117.37 mph.

Was it fair with NAWS ?

Dean, what do you run without it?

Well that took a few days to hit home. :phil evil: Glad you like the sig, Dawg. :smilelol

Best all motor pass was 12.99 at 107.

BTW, how is it that NOS is considered 'unfair' and a supercharger, turbo, or just heads and cam aren't? The floor is open for debate.....

BTW, how is it that NOS is considered 'unfair' and a supercharger, turbo, or just heads and cam aren't? The floor is open for debate.....

:agree They are all power adders. They all just do it in a different way. I think it's as fair as fair can be. :lol

But, all you verts...what's the big deal, you get kicked off the track for going "too" fast. :lol The coupes/FRC/ZO's can run all day. :smilelol

I too think that laffin gas is cheating to some degree. At least when it comes to braggin rights. I'm down to run my H/C car against a stock Vette with gas and let's make a race out of it. If I lose I won't feel the slightest bit disappointed as I don't see it as a competition with a "real" car. I also don't think gas should count on dyno days. Like Mark braggin on 502 hp or whatever it is... His car doesn't have a 500hp engine. It has probably a 390hp engine with a lie. Sean's sig has a REAL dyno number in it. Sorry to pick on ya Mark....

Now, a supercharger isn't a built engine either, but at least it's a permanent thing. It doesn't have to be refilled. At that point, to me it qualifies as legit. Just my opinion, and I'm not a drag racer, I'm a road racer. I see nitrous as kinda ghetto. It's like the kid in a Honda that strips his car to the bare bones and wants to brag on how fast it is. Well, even if it can hang with a stock Vette, which most can't, it's not really a car anymore.

I don't mean to poo on anyone here, and I'm sure you guys are having fun runnin at the track with push button power. I just don't see it as legit, and you said discussion was open.

Well that took a few days to hit home. :phil evil: Glad you like the sig, Dawg. :smilelol

I kind of agree with Chris, but it is still a mod that works so it's hard to put it down...

Now the claim "ACE 2009" fastest? Don't you think it's a little early in the year to claim that title???

I too think that laffin gas is cheating to some degree. At least when it comes to braggin rights. I'm down to run my H/C car against a stock Vette with gas and let's make a race out of it. If I lose I won't feel the slightest bit disappointed as I don't see it as a competition with a "real" car. I also don't think gas should count on dyno days. Like Mark braggin on 502 hp or whatever it is... His car doesn't have a 500hp engine. It has probably a 390hp engine with a lie. Sean's sig has a REAL dyno number in it. Sorry to pick on ya Mark....

Now, a supercharger isn't a built engine either, but at least it's a permanent thing. It doesn't have to be refilled. At that point, to me it qualifies as legit. Just my opinion, and I'm not a drag racer, I'm a road racer. I see nitrous as kinda ghetto. It's like the kid in a Honda that strips his car to the bare bones and wants to brag on how fast it is. Well, even if it can hang with a stock Vette, which most can't, it's not really a car anymore.

I don't mean to poo on anyone here, and I'm sure you guys are having fun runnin at the track with push button power. I just don't see it as legit, and you said discussion was open.

I have always disliked NOS and will never use it. I agree with Chris that it's really in a different class when it comes to racing and only be legit with like setups. MOTOR to MOTOR is a test of would you could build...NOS really test how long what you built will last...That's why I dislike Funny car and topFuel drags...and the like...(although they sure can make for spectacular crashes) I don't watch and won't go see them they really aren't cars only longer but mini rockets. It is more fun to go watch a TnT and know these guys are working it them selves.

On the fence when it come to turbos...but I think if you can bold it on yourself then I lean more toward that being legit.

I'm sure a while back they had the same debate with Carb vs FI.

I kind of agree with Chris, but it is still a mod that works so it's hard to put it down...

Now the claim "ACE 2009" fastest? Don't you think it's a little early in the year to claim that title???

NO FAIR...FOWL...FOWL CALLING IT THIS EARILY!!!! I DON'T HAVE MY RENAGADE INTAKE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:R & E:

FOWL ...I CRY!!!

Maybe this explains my stand a bit better. Let's say we're having a soap box derby race. The cars are just gravity powered rolling down a hill. To me, nitrous is like allowing you to push the car down the hill. The car will make it down the track faster, but not really because of the car design.

Or how about steroids in professional sports. It's still the athlete doing the actions, but he's able to do them beyond human standards because of a drug that boosts his performance. Just like nitrous, it'll destroy the athlete much faster than without the steroids.

A car going down the track faster with nitrous isn't a true measure of the cars performance. It's getting a push down the hill, or getting harmful 'roids pumped into it's veins.

Maybe this explains my stand a bit better. Let's say we're having a soap box derby race. The cars are just gravity powered rolling down a hill. To me, nitrous is like allowing you to push the car down the hill. The car will make it down the track faster, but not really because of the car design.

Or how about steroids in professional sports. It's still the athlete doing the actions, but he's able to do them beyond human standards because of a drug that boosts his performance. Just like nitrous, it'll destroy the athlete much faster than without the steroids.

A car going down the track faster with nitrous isn't a true measure of the cars performance. It's getting a push down the hill, or getting harmful 'roids pumped into it's veins.

Superchargers and turbos do the same thing, just in a different way. Nitrous adds more air + fuel. Turbos and SC do the same thing using either exhaust gasses/impeller to push/suck more air. Heads and cams have the same effect. Larger lobes/duration allow more air/fuel. The effect is the same, just a different means to an end. And don't think for one second that SC/turbo don't shorten the lifespan of a motor.

It all comes down to time slips.......

If you are running NOS you are a drag racer,

If you are free air and race, you are usually a road racer......

Isn't it a great thing that we own a car that can do both very well and still be street legal!!

I've got time slips from my car doing 11.35@119 and 11.56@ 121.......

Mine isn't set up for drags except tires!!!

I also have a set of 555RII's for the roadrace course.......

I'll be tearing up the east course at Firebird on Mar 13th with the Vette's at WinterFestIII.

We are so fortunate to have a multifunctional everyday driver, sometimes we forget the others.....

I love my Vettes!!!!!!!

Ken