NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wanted Rubber seal from blackwing filter.

Quicksilver98

Quicksilver98

Has anyone installed a blackwing filter on their car? If its a 2001 and up your not suppose to need a rubber seal that goes around the outlet and adapts to the 3.5 inch MAF on the 97-99's. I got one thats missing that damn seal and its a bear to locate. The company stopped making them in 2006 and according to the tech support dude on the phone they dont have replacement parts. I thought I would try posting here and over on the CF to see if anyone that has installed one on a 2001 and up still has that left over part. I know its a shot in the dark but what the hell. If all else fails I will try to fabricate one. I already tried a 4 inch to 3.5 inch reducer but its too damn long and the airbridge won't fit in its stock location. I almost resorted to duct tape but got all pissed off and put my stock one back on for now. PM me if you think you have one. Thanks Casey

Quicksilver98
Do you have a pic of what you need?

If you go to the following link and look at the center picture in step 7 you will see both adapters. The one on the filter is the one I need. The other one in the background and shown in the picture to the right is the one used on the 2001 and up cars. Its not very big and doesn't look like much from the picture.

http://www.c5forum.com/diy/donaldson.php

Quicksilver98

I think I may have lucked out on this. Grim Reaper from the CF found the part I need in his stash of spare parts. He is sending it to me today. Thanks for the help everyone.