• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overkill

• knkayotte

• Togo

• anmracing

Looks to me like a Texas prairie dog popper!!

Heavy barrel .223 with bi-pod and one big ass scope!!

What's the barrel length 20"?

I think they are called '200 yd tack drivers'!! :thumbs:thumbs

Sweet

Ken

what is that?

A bad mother f*cker! ;)

ASA lower that I built with Armalite parts kit.

2 stage Armalite trigger.

Armalite upper

Krieger 1/8 barrel from Metalcraft industries

JP Enterprises chrome bolt group

JP Enterprises handguard

Harris bipod

super sniper scope ( don't laugh until you've put rounds down range with one. Hands down without a doubt the best $300.00 mildot scope on the planet. )

Tack driver........ you can be the judge. attached is a group of 5 from 200yd. The one flyer was the first shot on a cold barrel. ( my excuse :D )

post-8-1134360559.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol,

Not me but, I wouldn't be opposed to "helping out with population control".

Ken,

Do you ever head over to the Pavillions? I stop in the from time to time on my bike.

lol,

Not me but, I wouldn't be opposed to "helping out with population control".

Ken,

Do you ever head over to the Pavillions? I stop in the from time to time on my bike.

If you know a good place to shoot let me know!

I know a couple other Vette guys that are looking to blow shit up!!

I still have 10 1/2lb tannerite loads left to have fun with!!

Pav's is for shiners. I'm a driver!!

Ken

Hey guy's!!

I just got back from the gun shop and Mark has also acquired a few rounds of 5.56 for me!!

Let's get a shoot together!!

We will drive whereever, I'm just too new here to know anywhere!!

Overkill if you aren't pulling my crank and you know a place, let me know!!

Tannerite and AR ready for action!!

Ken

BTW I think that bi-pod can mount on my hand guard, who makes it??

The bipod is a Harris and it will mount to swivel nipple with a hole through it. ( man that sounds bad. )

As for a place to blow up some stuff. The only place I've gone that wasn't an official range is up North off table mesa road. I was with a friend so I'd have to get directions from him. If you guys come up with an alternate location I'm game just let me know where and when.

Guest Sidewinder

Guys,

I just found out our old shootin spot might be a no-go. we are currently looking for an alternate place, but we will know before Sunday. badass.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

Is this an "All boys" thing or can I play? I won't be offended if you say Yes it is all boys, but Im in the market right now for a handgun and Mark knows I love shooting our 1911 .45. So, I need to get some practice in.

I would not mind getting some of that practice in here real soon and checking out all of your BIG GUNS! Ken knows I love his guns and hope to eventually shoot one or two of them. :P

Tanya

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Is this an "All boys" thing or can I play? I won't be offended if you say Yes it is all boys, but Im in the market right now for a handgun and Mark knows I love shooting our 1911 .45. So, I need to get some practice in.

I would not mind getting some of that practice in here real soon and checking out all of your BIG GUNS! Ken knows I love his guns and hope to eventually shoot one or two of them. :P

Tanya

I think you should trade me the 1911 for some parts :)

my new baby...

gun3.jpg

Guest Sidewinder

Meet at my house at noon this Sunday. We will go from there. Seating in the TITAN is limited so if you have a truck you might want to bring it, if not I am sure we can fit everybody. PM me for directions.

bigun2.gif

I just sent Sidewinder a PM for directions.....

If I can make it I'll bring a few different firearms. I'm gathering this "spot" is out in the desert somewhere? What sort of distances will be available? I hope there's some sort of backstop or mountain that we're shooting into...

Please confirm.

As for the all boys gig......... I don't have any problems with non-male participation. Some of my best students have been female.

i just may have to join -

can anyone help me sight in a rifle or 2?

also - can someone I.D. a rifle for me?

it was dads - and i have limited knowledge of guns so i don't know what it is!

i'll bring what i got - handguns too!

Guest Sidewinder
I just sent Sidewinder a PM for directions.....

If I can make it I'll bring a few different firearms. I'm gathering this "spot" is out in the desert somewhere? What sort of distances will be available? I hope there's some sort of backstop or mountain that we're shooting into...

Please confirm.

As for the all boys gig......... I don't have any problems with non-male participation. Some of my best students have been female.

Yes Desert, Not sure of the distances, Pretty sure of the mountain backstop wouldn't do it any other way.

Guest Kens06

Mark,

I'll be there on Sun!!

I've talked to my friend and fellow foreman for my company!

He wants to get out and shoot too!! This weekend he has to go buy his daughter a car!!

His place is WAY out east 60, past the Renaissance festival!!

Nice bowl, no quad runners popping over the crest!!

He's gonna start setting one up for next Sun!!

There WILL be some major guns out at this one!!

Just a preview

Ken

Why not shoot at Ben Avery, easy access for all. Probably not your alls style.

Guest Sidewinder
Why not shoot at Ben Avery, easy access for all. Probably not your alls style.

Tannerite & Ben Avery= :angry.... plus we don't need no stinkin rules, there are a few of us that have actually fired a weapon in anger and don't need a shmo telling us to pick em up and put em down. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice facility :thumbs but not for this shoot.

there are a few of us that have actually fired a weapon in anger and don't need a shmo telling us to pick em up and put em down.

Hmmm, since I'm a certified firearms instructor and range officer does that make me a "shmo" too?

Guest XLR8TNC5
there are a few of us that have actually fired a weapon in anger and don't need a shmo telling us to pick em up and put em down.

Hmmm, since I'm a certified firearms instructor and range officer does that make me a "shmo" too?

Nope, I think he was just trying to emphasize that he wants to blow up some stuff and I know that when he has been out to Ben Avery he has been disappointed with some of the "regs" out there at times. It was not a direct shot at anyone.He can tell you all the stories.

I think it is great you are an instructor. As a matter of fact, I am planning on taking some shooting courses soon, as I want to get a CCW, but I want to know that I know all I can about carrying and using my weapon before having it sitting in the truck or my purse with me.

If you could recommend a good place for me to start, Im all ears. :D I know how to handle a gun, several guns as a matter of fact, but I feel that I definitely always have room to learn more.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you Sunday to go out and "plink" a little bit. :thumbs

Best Regards to ALL :flag

Tanya

Why not shoot at Ben Avery, easy access for all.  Probably not your alls style.

Tannerite & Ben Avery= :angry.... plus we don't need no stinkin rules, there are a few of us that have actually fired a weapon in anger and don't need a shmo telling us to pick em up and put em down. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice facility :thumbs but not for this shoot.

Mark, like that avatar, mind if I borrow it for a gaming site I post on?

Keith

Guest Sidewinder

Rock on Keith!

Overkill,

Na, I guess what i meant was I don't like how they single people out on the loud speaker, kinda demeaning, but now that i think about it they are just trying to keep everybody safe.Maybe the day I was there the director was having a bad day. No biggie. :flag

I'm going out to scout the area right now.

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. Hopefully next week will workout better for me.

Ken,

Keep us posted on the details.

Hope you all have fun today, I sure wish I was going.

Cheers