NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Crossfire Manifold UPDATE!

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Tom, Jim, Chris and myself did the install of their new Renegade CFI manifold on my stock motor 82 Vette last weekend. Pre-install dyno was ran last week and post dyno again today.

Preliminary results show a +32 horse power increase and +16 Torque increase!! more than what they expected!

As you can guess, Tom and Jim are giddy as two school girls over the results.

Eat your black up-trading hearts out you X-CFI'ers! :lol

I will post more results as they allow me to - They are holding my OEM CFI manifold hostage so I have to do what they say..... :lol

great news .... congrats Jim & Tom ... great work .... thx Phil for sharing the numbers ........ :)

Nice numbers, but when are they going to set a price??? :lol

Phill, what did you vette dyno stock?

Excellent. I haven't dino'ed my vette, but stock horses says it's 205 with 300+ flbs of torque. I'll take the extra 32 horses.

I'm ready for mine.

Tom, Jim, Chris and myself did the install of their new Renegade CFI manifold on my stock motor 82 Vette last weekend. Pre-install dyno was ran last week and post dyno again today.

Preliminary results show a +32 horse power increase and +16 Torque increase!! more than what they expected!

As you can guess, Tom and Jim are giddy as two school girls over the results.

Eat your black up-trading hearts out you X-CFI'ers! :lol

I will post more results as they allow me to - They are holding my OEM CFI manifold hostage so I have to do what they say..... :lol

"Giddy" is an understatement. I was going to be happy to see 10-12hp at the rear, but 32 was awesome. Jim and I did a few needed repairs as we replaced the manifold. One big one was the distributor...WOW! It needed to be shimmed in a big way before we put it back in. Ilike to see .003" - .004" of play...Phill's was like .060"+ which is a lot. I'm glad we pulled the manifold/dizzy. Phill told me that the motor was missing a bit also, we noticed that a couple of wires were in sad shape and needed to be repaired due to heat/headers. When Phill repaces these and maybe another small FP tweak, I think a retest may garner another few phonies.

I want to thank Phill for helping us with this project, but he'll get to reap the benefits later when we go into production. :) Thanks again Phill! I'm still in Atlanta on business and will be back next Friday. I'll get with you then Phill.