NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

flowmasters

Guest azcueball

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder Series 50 that are made just for C6 Corvettes and they sound like good ol' American muscle. There is some drone during a slow acceleration or an uphill load between 1500-1900 rpm.

Sorry, but never heard the super 44 mufflers.

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder Series 50 that are made just for C6 Corvettes and they sound like good ol' American muscle. There is some drone during a slow acceleration or an uphill load between 1500-1900 rpm.

Be advised that any non stock system on the C6 is going to drone between 1800 and 2000 and that just happens to be 70-75 mph with my A6 :banghead

I'm selling my modified Z06 mufflers as I just recently installed Bullets. The Z06 mufflers can be install in a C6 with some finagling. Bromleys have done it foe some members. Anyway, I'm selling them for $550.00 which it is what they go for w/o the modification which usually goes from $200-250. You can check this info. on the national forum. I do not know if you have the NPP on your corvette, but the Z06 works the same way by having a mild side and a wild side. Except that the Z06 has a perforated pipe that the NPP does not. By opening the muffler and covering it up you essentially have a straight pipe. Here are some previous posts showing the process and the final product. They sound like just like Corsa.

I ended up changing them foe bullets because I like it louder. I had headers in and bullets on my last vette and missed the sound. By the way for an extra $50.00 I'll throw in the mild to wild and you will able to control the mufflers by remote control by just installing as a fuse.

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...&hl=muffler

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...&hl=muffler

Guest azcueball

i found out that super 44 does not fit the c6 corvette and the only one is the american thunder system so im going to listen some video when i get home and see if i like them and thx for the input

Be advised that any non stock system on the C6 is going to drone between 1800 and 2000 and that just happens to be 70-75 mph with my A6 :banghead

You could always change your rear gear for something slightly shorter, get better performance and lose the drone!

You could always change your rear gear for something slightly shorter, get better performance and lose the drone!

I've learned to just shift down to 5th but I loose fuel mileage by doing that. Why have 6th gear if you can't use it. I really have a 4 spd because you don't use 1st and drone keeps you from using 6th regularly. I could go with rear gears but that's $$$.

If ya ask me, I really like the high pitch that the LS series engines emit. I think the Flowdisasters turn the note too low, as opposed to say the Corsas that let it scream in the higher frequencies.

Guest 06yumavette

i had the american thunder series on my 6c that special 50 series is a SUV muffler... if you have the money look at dr vidals set up thats what i have.. and i am really happy with it.. vidal set up is ready no modifying needed... and you could go to bromleys auto to get it installed.c6

Guest azcueball
i had the american thunder series on my 6c that special 50 series is a SUV muffler... if you have the money look at dr vidals set up thats what i have.. and i am really happy with it.. vidal set up is ready no modifying needed... and you could go to bromleys auto to get it installed.c6

thats what im doing next saturday and my car will sound kickass

:thumbs

thats what im doing next saturday and my car will sound kickass

:thumbs

Guest 06yumavette

one last thing if you hear a twang or a resonance at around 3500 rpm dont worry. its not broke.... if you have the paddle shift you will hear it more than you do in the drive mode... its mellow until you start to get on it... in the wife mode if you bought the remote its as quite as a hmmm honda.. he he he he he he now what you might do after that is get a cold air intake. and.. then a custom dyno tune.... i would only trust a couple of shops to do that.. LPM OR EXTREME....you will notice a difference after the tune in the way your exhaust sounds and the car responds.... i would say that the difference is that your car was asleep until you dyno tune it!

I've got a Flowmaster 17427 quad tip cat back on my C6 vert and I like the sound and the more right foot, the more I like it. Look me up in Gila Bend! :thumbs -Bob