NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1969 Corvete Coupe 350/350HP/4 spd project car

chevy69

I didn't think I would ever get to this point but I am just not motivated to finish this car. My love for older hot rods has taken over my car life. I will answer any questions you might have. Call Tom at 480-235-7150 if you are interested.

1969 Corvette project for sale or trade for 30’s to 50’s car or truck project. Comes with original motor and 4 spd. and clean AZ title (it’s in my name). Needs paint and reassembly. I want $13K for the car with the matching #s engine or I will sell the car without the engine for $10K. I paid $4000 to have the engine rebuilt professionally. Some folks don’t care about matching numbers so you have the option. There is 0 miles on the motor. Some of the extra parts I have listed below are useable on other car projects, so if they don’t sell I can use them in my next hot rod project. Once the car is sold, I may considering selling some of the extra parts that the buyer does not want, but I want to let whoever buys the car have first crack at them.

Here is what I have for $13K:

Completely restored chassis:

Frame is powder coated, all professionally rebuilt trailing arms, and brake calipers (yes – stainless sleeves). New ball joints and federal mogul OEM replacement coil springs on powder coated A arms up front. In the rear there is a new TRW composite glass 315 # spring and brand new Smart Struts. There are new Koni Classic gas shocks on all 4 corners, new stainless fuel and brake lines and new rotors. There is a brand new steeroids power rack and pinion kit installed. The body sits on new poly body mounts. The car comes with the original numbers matching 4 spd Muncie transmission. It also has a newly rebuilt tilt/telescoping column from Max’s Vette Parts in Phoenix. There is a new 1” sway bar up front from Duntov out of Texas. The gas tank was just redone professionally, and there is a new sender in the tank. All brand new grade 8 plated bolts were used to reassemble the chassis. I have 5 of the original 8” rally wheels that I can put back on the car w/ roller tires (The TTII rims and Pirelli tires are extra, as are the hooker headers/side pipes in the pics – see below).

Body/interior:

The Body is in nice shape, partly due to the car sitting almost 20 years (less time to get wrecked). It has a few smaller repair areas, and I found an area where there were some repairs in the front dr side corner but they were done correctly. I replaced both rocker channels. The bird cage is in very good condition. The top section of the windshield was replaced with a clean rust free AZ donor because water had say in the top channel. New radiator core support. All reinforcement panels under the body have been replaced as well. All of the original wiring is intact and still in the car. The under hood (engine) harness should be replaced but everything under the dash is nice and not all butchered up/spliced like so many are. The original dash pieces, gauges, dash pad, etc are all in nice shape but are off the car. Most of the plastic is in good shape as are the door panels. The T-Tops are complete. I have all the glass except for the windshield. The body was recently mounted back on the frame and all panels were rough fit. The body and panels still need to be shimmed when it goes to paint (I was about to send this car to paint when my paint budget disappeared). I have the original seats and headrests. They need to be redone, but the frames are in nice shape. The front and rear bumpers are nice. The bumperettes in the front have seen better days and need to be re-chromed or replaced. I have most if not all trim pieces, and much of it is in good condition. Some pieces need refinishing. The car comes with the original small block hood and a long (’74) hood. I was going to eliminate the wiper door mechanism, but I have all the parts to go either way. I have the heater enclosures, but the original heater core is shot. I was going to add an aftermarket AC kit. The old carpet is stripped out and in a landfill somewhere.

#s matching Engine:

Paid $3973.45 for rebuild plus more for the other new components. 350HP 350. Engine was rebuilt and has 0 miles on it (never started). It was professionally rebuilt by a local builder ADS. The engine was not decked so the number pad is intact. Internals include new rods, forged pistons, cam, lifters, timing chain and gears, oil pump, pickup, harmonic balancer, pushrods. Polished crank, block bored and honed, heads rebuilt w/ new valves, springs seals and locks. New power steering pump, water pump, fuel pump, starter and alternator (all from NAPA). It also has an HEI distributor w/ tach drive mount. I have the receipts for everything.

Extras:

I am asking about 75% of what I paid for these items – if you are planning to go with these mods, you will never beat the prices:

Dewitts Direct Fit radiator w/ dual Spal Fans $650 (fits ’69-’72 small block)

Paid $820. New – never taken out of box - with original packing materials.

Keisler 5spd w/ Handle and clutch disk $2750 (fits ’68-76)

Paid $3,394 – never used, only bolted up to engine that was never started

4 American Racing Torque Thrust II rims (17”) w/ Pirelli PZero Nero P235/55ZR-17 tires $1100 (fits ’68-’82)

Paid $1,519

Hooker Jet Hot Sterling headers, side pipes and inserts $850 (fits ’68-’76)

Paid $1,234

Here are some pics:

DSC03060-1.jpg

DSC03062-1.jpg

DSC04223-1.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04284.jpg

Daamn T the end is in sight. Dont bail on it now. Finish it up while looking fo rthat old rod project.