NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 Over Axle Exhaust Pipes Wanted

Grape Ape

I'm looking for some over the axle pipes to bolt up to some aftermarket mufflers. If anyone has any laying around not being used or know of a place I can get some, I would appreciate the info. The ones I have now I believe are welded on so I'm looking for some to complete another set. The inside diameter of the mufflers is 2.5".

Quicksilver98
I'm looking for some over the axle pipes to bolt up to some aftermarket mufflers. If anyone has any laying around not being used or know of a place I can get some, I would appreciate the info. The ones I have now I believe are welded on so I'm looking for some to complete another set. The inside diameter of the mufflers is 2.5".

I have on old set of stock catbacks that still have the over the axle pipe attached. You can have them if you want em...only thing is there down here in Tucson. Oh and one of them had a hairline crack in the weld at the flange. I put some JB Weld on it about 6 months before I replaced them and never had a problem. You could either grind it off and have them welded or leave it on and hope for the best. Casey

Thanks for the offer. I don't know when I will be getting to Tucson. I have a buddy I work with that lives there so maybe I will talk to him and see if he can pick them up for me.

Are these the stock exhaust? One piece all the way back from the flange? If so, does anyone know if I cut the mufflers off will the end go into the new mufflers without modification?

Bromley's Corvettes

Most after market muffs are smaller so some mods like adding a peice to the tail pipes to make them longer will be needed. The tail pipes need to be lined up you cant just weld them on. CUSTOM LOL. I can do the install but I dont have any spare tail pipes laying around. www.bromleysauto.com

Try checking with Darryl at Xtreme, they had a bunch of pipes from replacement jobs..

Quicksilver98
Thanks for the offer. I don't know when I will be getting to Tucson. I have a buddy I work with that lives there so maybe I will talk to him and see if he can pick them up for me.

Are these the stock exhaust? One piece all the way back from the flange? If so, does anyone know if I cut the mufflers off will the end go into the new mufflers without modification?

Yes these are the stock exhaust. One piece from Muffler tips to flange. You may be able to get a pipe expander and stretch one or the other pipes to fit inside one another. If there's enough pipe after you do the cut. I think the stocks are 2.5 inch pipes so you may also be able to get a piece of straight pipe large enough to slide over both pipes and weld them on from both sides. Let me know.

Found some new ones lying around at Xtreme yesterday. Thanks Randy. Going to try and get them on next weekend. My weekend that is.