NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Split Window Leaving Fountain Hills

1EvilC5

:eek This just in via email... :eek

We would like to thank the many folks we have met in the last year and a half for their friendship and patronage. We have met a lot of great people and for that we are very grateful. Unfortunately, we have come to the conclusion that if we are going to grow according to our business plan, our only option is to relocate to another valley city, one with more people, less small town politics, and a city that can support the type of great offering that we have.

Thanks again to all of our customers and friends.

Sincerely,

Dave and Wendy Jindra

Split Window Diner

3,503 lbs of trouble
All right Dan --Where are they moving to? And when is the last day?

This was news to me. I received the e-mail as well, but didn't see it before I saw it posted here. I gave Dave a call, and he confirmed it. Unfortunately tonight (Friday evening) was their last night. I headed up for one last "C3" w/ fries, and to say farewell.

The residents of Fountain Hills, for the most part, didn't really support the place. Most of Split Window's business, like us, came in from the surrounding areas. They believe in the concept, the theme, and the quality of the product they offered. They feel it would find more success elsewhere for a number of reasons. I think they want to button up this operation, then make their next move, so there is not a solid timetable nor a new location confirmed at this point. They do, however, intend to bring the Split Window Diner back. That's thee "official" story...

...The truth is Dave ran out of wall space for the polaroids of our cars, and decided they need a bigger place. :D

But seriously, Dave, Wendy and Candace wanted me to express their appreciation to you all for your patronage and support, and they hope to see us all again in the future.

At least they have a fan base that is willing to follow them to a new location...

We wish them good luck...

Andrew