NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Pictures of KILLER's Tractor Beam Installation

Guest Mikey

Mikey, your Procharger P1SC installation looks great! You will love the way your car runs now. It makes the stock C6 feel like a Tercel. I don't know the details of your installation so I thought I'd just mention a few things I and other Procharger equipped owners have had to do or monitor. 1) You may want to use Goodyear Gatorback belts; the Gates don't hold up well and will slip sooner causing lost power and rubber dusting. 2) For Phoenix heat and the bad 91 octane gas you may want a meth injection system (and safety relief valve in case of no or low meth flow) for lower IATs (won't pull timing and reduced power) and effective octane rating of 110 to 116 so you can use more advance for power, and avoid any detonation. 3) If using meth separate your MAF and IAT (IAT goes downstream of MAF) to get tuning for power (will sense colder IATs) 4) Switch from the fine wire plugs to TR55's to reduce 'blowout' and provide better heat characteristics for hotter combustion. 5) Make sure the intercooler is moved as far away (in front of) from the radiator for more air flow though the radiator (airflow is from the bottom, between the I/C and radiator). 6) Install an oil catch can to reduce the oil contamination and forthcoming detonation from incandescent carbon build up. 7) If you have heat issues you will want to possible install a heat extracting hood (not a ram air hood, you want to extract the hot underhood air allowing more flow through the radiators/coolers, an aux oil/air cooler, run water wetter with a minimum of anti-freeze for better heat transfer. If that doesn't work well enough you will want a DeWitts or other direct fit aluminum racing radiator. 8) You may need a KB Boost-a Pump for increased fuel flow. 8) use a 'Top Tier' brand gas with sufficient additives to avoid carbon deposit build up, which will cause detonation. 9) Make sure you have adequate gauges like boost, fuel pressure, and a wide band air/fuel ratio. 10) You will want a lower temp thermostat and reprogram your fans on at 192. I suspect that you have already done these things, so maybe you can just use disregard all this.

Add: You may want to close up all those large cutouts on the top plate through which the blower tubes, intake/filter penetrate. This is because you will want all the cooling air to go through, not around your radiators and I/C. Those large gaps will allow flow around and will increase heat in the engine cooling systems.

Make sure you follow the Procharger oil change intervals. Many of us went with the Procharger systems; they perform very well, but due to the use of cast pistons which have the top rings too high, and consequently much weaker than forged blower pistons, you CANNOT allow ANY detonation. I and far too many of us have blown our stock lower ends, and have ended up buying an all forged lower end for about $15,000. Of course you just may want to blow the stock units and replace it with a 402 CID forged bottom. Best luck with your blower, you'll love it.

Damn, that was fast!

Keep Modding all these black cars guys, you might have a chance to catch the RED one's someday! :thumbs

Way to go Red!

Note to administrators:

And if he can mod my post, I want reciprocal rights.

Thanks for the Kudo's everyone.

Thanks for the "heads-up" Adi but LPM is taking good care of KILLER and has addressed most of the issues.

Next is some new Michelin PS2's...But First, I'm gonna do some donuts on the OEM GY runcraps...Whoo-Hoo! :burnout

Mikey, you're ready for the fun to begin, without worrying about any costly "oh dang"s. Nice job on your mods, and great looking Vette!