NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FS: Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 255-40-17's

4GLS1

Just as the title reads, these seriously have 20 street miles on them. These are the stock tires they put on the Porsche 911t. I seriously had them put on, drove to Big O and dismounted. they are badass tires, sticky as all hell, they last a long time and are super quiet. I paid $242 a tire plus balancing and all that. I will let them go for $800 This is the 3rd set I have had and I have never been happier with a street tire. I need to buy 18's now so no lowballers cause I will sit on these as long as possible cause this is a good deal.

**NEW PRICE!!!** $700

gwn30talargehg2.jpg

w1001.png

I will attest to the awesomeness of PS2's. I had a set on my car and love them. As soon as they're available in the sizes I need I'll get another set.

The GT2, however, comes with Pilot Sport Cup tires, which is a race compound DOT approved semi-slick. There are a lot of Porsches that come with these tires, just not the GT2.

What did you buy these for? They're not Corvette tires....

I will attest to the awesomeness of PS2's. I had a set on my car and love them. As soon as they're available in the sizes I need I'll get another set.

The GT2, however, comes with Pilot Sport Cup tires, which is a race compound DOT approved semi-slick. There are a lot of Porsches that come with these tires, just not the GT2.

What did you buy these for? They're not Corvette tires....

Hrmmm Thats weird, my friend just got a GT2 from the dealership and these were on his new car.... I will take that fact up with him. So I apologize for the mis info. I actually bought these tires for my Mitsubishi Evolution and after I had to warentee out 3 of my tires I bought the 4th with warentee's drove them to get swapped with my stock rims and tires to sell the car. I had three sets on before and absolutely love these tires. I bought the vette and it has the run flat tires on it.... They are TERRIBLE and I would like to sell my 17's for a solid payment for the new tires or swap for some new ones of lesser value.

Well, the PS2 would be a better choice for your buddies car unless he plans to take it to the track. The sport cups will wear out sometime in the middle of next week. The GT2 comes with 325's on the back just like a C6 Z06 though, and the PS2 isn't available in that size yet. Your buddy probably either thought that he had PS2's, his car isn't a GT2 or is an older GT2, or it had the wrong wheels and tires on it. I dunno.

Either way, in keeping with the thread...

PS2's RULE!!!! Impossible to find a better balanced street tire with prodigious grip, excellent breakaway characteristics, quiet comfortable ride and fantastic grip in the rain. If anyone needs this size, these are great tires.

255/40/17 is the same overall diameter as the 245/45/17, just a bit wider. They'll work just fine on the front, but I'd rather a 265 or 275 on the front with a 295 or 315 on the rear.