NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

IT WAS THE OPTI !

Quiktrip

This is an up date to the (Needs a good shop) thread. If you read the other thread you saw that I had taken my vette in to Chapman Chevy for testing. Well the scan didn't help a whole bunch because it being a 94 it is still OBD1 and it doesn't give you much info. However both the service writer and the mechanic thought as I did that it was the Opti. While they had the car I had them check compression, change spark plugs, fuel filter, and something with the EGR. I was determined to fix my car or die trying (or go broke). Picked up the parts and tore into it. All back togrther and WOOHOO, it purrs like a kitten.

:burnout:burnout I'm happy again. By the way the service writer over there has a red RX-7 with a 93 LT1 in it and was wondering if any of the Forum people had seen him at Firebird. My compression #s were between 160 and 175. NOT TOO BAD FOR 216,000 miles. :howdy

Congrats on fixing the problem. Does this mean you'll be chasing the C5's down the rim again soon? :thumbs

Yes it does feel good to do something and it works. Not too bad of a job, except for the water pump. Eddie, when your car is ready we can do some chasing you bet. The beast is ALIVE!!!! :burnout:burnout