NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bondurant

Hotrod

Hey guys

For those of you that haven't done it, I would strongly recommend the ZO6 experiance at Bondurant.

The two day course is the way to go. I would say that in two days we probably got in around 8

hours of seat time. Most was on the skid pad learning accident avoidance, how to work with ABS brakes,

line techniques, heel toe shifting and lots of other stuff. The afternoon of the second rocked with ample

time on the oval learning line techniques. The autocross was a blast getting in around eight timed sessions

per car and driver. Last but not least both days ended with time on the 1.6 mile road course. It was really cool

chasing the instructor around. The cars were awesome, brand new 2008 ZO6's. You can't crash them with out

writing a check, but they sure let you run the crap out of them. One guy even had his front brake burst into flames

on a brand new car. I am going back for the 4 day advanced racing course the first of next year. The deal is

worth every penny.

I did the two day Z06 experience on Nov 3 & 4th.

I was disappointed with the experience!!

I was looking for a lot more time in the cars on the track........

I bought a ticket from another ACE temp member and while the experience was fun, it's somewhat less than I expected.

I figured the Z06 part meant you had experience so we were getting away from the learner stage!!

Do I really need an 1/2 hour on the side of the skidpad to learn how to downshift using heal and toe??

Their tactics and use being race only, I guess if you drive one of these cars daily you learn by yourself.......

If you have never driven a fast car much less a Z06, you will love the course!!

If you were looking for more info on driving the Z, like I was, you will be disappointed like I was!!

Ken