NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

NOT GUILTY!

VetteTax

Judge eye-balls me and says though I was "STUPID" for making the donuts, I did NOT make decisions that were in reckless disregard for the safety of persons or property. The judge agreed, as I've always stated, that the donuts were committed in a secluded, well lit, low-speed controled environment coupled with my 8 years of Corvette driving experience, safety mods to Electra, and my drag and track racing experiences at Firebird that the risks were minimal..CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is anti-climatic due to mom's recent diagnosis of breast cancer. Because she's already a cancer survivor, the docs are confident things are in the early stages. She has to go for more test later this week to confirm if there's cancer in her lymph nodes.

So I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for me, but can you please re-direct those same thoughts and prayers for my mom.

Thank you again my good friends.

Dan C.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Judge eye-balls me and says though I was "STUPID" for making the donuts, I did NOT make decisions that were in reckless disregard for the safety of persons or property. The judge agreed, as I've always stated, that the donuts were committed in a secluded, well lit, low-speed controled environment coupled with my 8 years of Corvette driving experience, safety mods to Electra, and my drag and track racing experiences at Firebird that the risks were minimal..CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is anti-climatic due to mom's recent diagnosis of breast cancer. Because she's already a cancer survivor, the docs are confident things are in the early stages. She has to go for more test later this week to confirm if there's cancer in her lymph nodes.

So I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for me, but can you please re-direct those same thoughts and prayers for my mom.

Thank you again my good friends.

Dan C.

Congrats on the win!

I will say some prayers for your Mom.

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

I guess there are traffic court judges that don't go brain dead from the everyday BS!!

Congrats Dan, but DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the other bad news!!

Ken

Glad to hear the Judge dismissed the case. We were all pulling for you and hoped it would get thrown out.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Will keep you and her in our thoughts. :angel

Phil... :thumbs

:thumbs So happy for you and so bad so much of your time was wasted waiting for today. The judge made the right decision.

My mom is a about a 6 year breast cancer survivor. Our best to your family. You all are in our prayers

Johnnie

First of all, Congrats on the decision! :thumbs

Second, my apologies for not showing up. I had to teach a class this afternoon. They're getting everything they can out of me before I leave in two weeks.

Thirdly, my thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom. My mom is a 22yr breast cancer survivor that just underwent surgery for cervical cancer last week. I will definitely say a little extra prayer for your Mom while I covering mine.

Guest XLR8TNC5

AWESOME DAN!!! I am so happy for you getting your case dismissed. It was totally bogus from the beginning and kudos to a judge who isn't removed from the REAL world yet.

About your mom, I will be more than happy to send good thoughts and prayers her way. Hang in there and be strong for her. It will go a long way in helping her recover and get better if she sees how strong her family is holding up. Trust me, I know.

Take care,

Tanya

3,503 lbs of trouble
Glad to hear the Judge dismissed the case.  We were all pulling for you and hoped it would get thrown out.

It was not thrown out or dismissed. There was a trial, and Dan was found "Not Guilty". When testimony concluded, that judge sat there thinking for several minutes, and then started asking his own questions to the arresting officer, which ended up reopening testimony. Dan's attorney took advantage of this, and it allowed for the introduction of new evidence which helped Dan's case BIG TIME! Again, the judge was on the fence in my opinion, but the added testimony and evidence led him to conclude that even though "stupid", Dan, with his training and experience, was in full control of a vehicle capable of the maneuver, and that Dan had taken reasonable precautions to make sure that no person or any property was in danger. The judge did look Dan in the eye, and said it was stupid, but considering the time and place along with Dan's skill and vehicle, it was CLOSE, but not quite criminal. The judge said had it been on the street, or pretty much anywhere else, he would have been guilty, and that he did not blame the arresting offer for his actions. Dan got damn lucky.

A few personal observations - the arresting officer simply seemed intimidated while on the stand, and you could tell by the lack of confidence in his voice and body language. He was honest, and believed in his case, but was VERY nervous, and it showed. He was definitely "wet behind the ears". Also, Dan showed up looking VERY professional. He stated what he did for a living, the reason he was at ASU Lot 59 that night (working on his Masters), he was open, honest and credible on the stand and other than this, his background is clean. It's my personal opinion the judge probably took this into consideration as well. Even the best of us make poor choices from time to time, and a person like Dan didn't deserve to have a criminal record for one well thought out, but nonetheless childish act. Still, it was close.

Congrats again Dan. :cheers You dodged a close bullet, but as you know I never felt the punishment fit the crime. I'll bet that prosecutor now wishes that she had allowed you to plea to a lesser charge. I think she was honestly surprised by the verdict.

Again, here's to hoping your Mom has a fast and complete recovery.

just stick to street racing.... no more donuts

:D works for me... :leaving

Prayers for your mother Dan :angel

Congrats on the ruling Dan! I'm glad it all worked out.

Hopes, prayers, and best wishes to you, your Mom, and your family!

Congrats on the ruling Dan! I'm glad it all worked out.

Hopes, prayers, and best wishes to you, your Mom, and your family!

:agree

hopes and prayers on the way...glad it went your way.

Michael

Thank goodness it worked out for you. We were all rooting for you.

Melissa and I are sorry to hear about your mom. We hope every works out for the best.

As Rosana Anadana use to say "If it's not one thing its another..."

Good luck to your mom....

Andrew

Glad to hear things went your way.

As a cancer survivor I know the power of a positive attitude. I'll sent those thoughts to your mom.

Dan, first our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

But congrats on your case. I know sheriff Joe will be dissappointed that you will not be serving up donuts in Tent City. Ron & Eva :thumbs