NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Navigation Install

boredomrisen

Finally managed to wrangle up all the stuff I needed to install my avic-f900bt.

It is suggested that you tap the "Car Speed Signal Input" wire into the vehicles "Speed Detection Circuit Lead." Having a fun time trying to locate a wiring diagram to verify this exists or where I can tap into it.

Any ideas?

Don't waste your time with the speed sensor. I've had three Pioneer nav systems in three different cars and never hooked uo the speed sensor. No problems. Remember to plug the rear monitor output into the rear camera input so you can watch movies while you drive!!

Don't waste your time with the speed sensor. I've had three Pioneer nav systems in three different cars and never hooked uo the speed sensor. No problems. Remember to plug the rear monitor output into the rear camera input so you can watch movies while you drive!!

I disagree. The VSS is very important otherwise your GPS is using the dead reckoning method as discussed in the Pioneer owners manual. The result is it is not as accurate for POI and route calculations. You are correct however it will still work but in a degraded fashion. In my C4 the VSS wire could be tied into the VSS sensor wire that was part of the original BOSE radio harness. Also at two other input wires that led to the topside of the transmission. Im sure the VSS is still a part of the factory radio harness. The AVIC411.com forum may help you as well. GC