NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Kooks or LG street series?

kwikvet

I have an opportunity to buy LG street series (1 3/4 primaries, 3" collector and 2 1/2" x pipe no cats) for $895 OR Kooks 1/34" & 3" collector without x pipe for $773 ... but I have to make a decision before end of month. Both new, no tax and free shipping.

I'd like to know what you think of each of the systems - may eventually add a supercharger but no plans to go crazy with mods. For the near future will integrate headers with existing Z06 stock Ti system & mufflers. Thanks for your input.

post-506-1227117980.jpg

post-506-1227117996.jpg

I have an opportunity to buy LG street series (1 3/4 primaries, 3" collector and 2 1/2" x pipe no cats) for $895 OR Kooks 1/34" & 3" collector without x pipe for $773 ... but I have to make a decision before end of month. Both new, no tax and free shipping.

I'd like to know what you think of each of the systems - may eventually add a supercharger but no plans to go crazy with mods. For the near future will integrate headers with existing Z06 stock Ti system & mufflers. Thanks for your input.

I think you'd be good to go with either brand. I've also heard good things about American Racing headers.

To be honest, I've actually seen both kinds fail on 'vettes with mods. One guy with a 408 blew out a inch and a half hole in one of the header tubes on his LG's, and another guy with a head & cammed Z06 blew the AIR tube off his Kooks.

I just worked on a friends car (yes I have a few), that has the LG Street series. They are very nice, and they look like they are well worth the $$. It was a nice, clean installation. ( He does have a supercharger)

The LG streets are made of a cheaper Stainless then the kooks. You would want to compare the Kooks to the LG Pro's for apples to apples because over time the air and egr tubes on the streets are known to break off causing issues cause they need to be welded on.

I notice you didn't list the Kooks as having mid or X pipe and you will need those to be able to put them on your car, they wont bolt up to the stock cats or H pipe.

I have Kook's on mine and the flange @ the collector is a real pita!!

I hit on speed bumps in the Fry's parking lot........

I would go with the LG's just because it's a whole system to the catback flange!!

Or, you could wait another couple weeks/months and they WILL both be lower!!

My .02

Ken

I have LG streets as well, and I'm very happy with the quality. They bolted right in, look and sound great. Plus, the way they go together, it's real easy to add cats if I ever want to.

I have LG streets as well, and I'm very happy with the quality. They bolted right in, look and sound great. Plus, the way they go together, it's real easy to add cats if I ever want to.

For me it's if I ever get caught without them through emissions testing. :lol