NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Lowering a C6 Z

1EVLC7

I was thinking about getting THESE and doing so. Any tips or pointers you could share would be helpful. Looks to me like these will lower the vehicle up to 2 1/2", I was thinking about a half to 3/4's of a inch front to back. yea or nea?

Thanks for your input :ACE:

I was thinking about getting THESE and doing so. Any tips or pointers you could share would be helpful. Looks to me like these will lower the vehicle up to 2 1/2", I was thinking about a half to 3/4's of a inch front to back. yea or nea?

Thanks for your input :ACE:

Try lowering it all the way on stock bolts first - for free - and see how you like it. If you want more, just hit a hardware store and buy the bolts for a couple bucks. It's really easy on a C5, and as far as I know the C6 is exactly the same.

Linky no workie, but I agree with Chris (did I just say that???). Any lower than just on stock bolts and we (C5 and C6) are pushing the edge of driveability with some of the areas around here.

Aw what the hell, I'll be the third and agree with bIg poopie and bIgfeet.

Try the stock bolt drop first!!!

Ed,

If you decide to do this in your garage I'll provide a hand. Or at least drink some of your beer. How will we get under the car when its in the bubble? :willy

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it's just like the C5. If the stock bolts don't do it for you, try cutting a bit of the rubber bushing. If it's too low for you, you can always raise it back up.

Ed,

If you decide to do this in your garage I'll provide a hand. Or at least drink some of your beer. How will we get under the car when its in the bubble? :willy

newfile076.jpg

Ed,

a couple of my neighbors stopped by asking me if I had a meth lab going on in my garage :lol

I believe it's just like the C5. If the stock bolts don't do it for you, try cutting a bit of the rubber bushing. If it's too low for you, you can always raise it back up.

Holy crap... Tony lives....

Ed,

a couple of my neighbors stopped by asking me if I had a meth lab going on in my garage :lol

Were they bummed you didn't share or something?

LOL. jk.

Did I miss the pictures of the lowered vette somewhere??

11:36

• 1 month later...