NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Thanks Loud Pedal

MOTV8

:thumbs Just wanted to post up a Thank You to Mark and Jason and everyone else at Loud Pedal Motorsports. I had scrimped, embezzled, and recycled aluminum cans to finally put together this year's mod-session for the ole heap, but she's finally done and I gotta say it was a helluva pleasure working with Mark and Jason. They're gonna be a successful speed shop, no doubt. They both answered my endless questions and it was cool feeling "safe" that I was leaving my car with some club members that would work on it like their own and do it right. Mark even helped me with a much dreaded swirlie problem I was having. Thanks dudes! Gotta put 500 easy miles on the new tranny, then we're gonna see what she'll put down on the bottle. :devil Updates will follow.

New mods include...

RPM Level 5 A4 with:

Media blasted & painted transmission case

RPM sleeved input drum

RPM 3-4 clutch pack

RPM reinforced sunshell with collar and bearing

Heavy Duty double caged 29 element sprag

4L65E low roller clutch

Billet 4th gear servo

Transgo HD-2 shift kit

Corvette Servo

Wide 2-4 band

Updated aluminum accumulator piston

Bushing kit

new shift solenoids

new wiring harness

new GM valve body spacer plate

GM 5 pinion planetary gearsets - front and rear

Harris Speed Works nitrous system

HSW bottle heater

HSW nitrous filter

MSD window switch

SVO 42 lb. injectors

NGK TR6 plugs

Custom switch panel

Tune and Redline fluids transfusion

They were also kind enough to fix several of the ole heap's "old car issues" like replacing the worn out hood struts, the shot bushings and the crappy old-style plastic end links. I'm surprised those hadn't broken yet, especially during one of my Dukes of Hazzard-style "excursions"... :partyspin:

I hafta add that when I picked up the car I did feel a little twinge of pity seeing Roxxane sitting there with her guts all hanging out like a Jack the Ripper victim, but then I thought of Chad, ...so I just laughed hysterically as I dropped the top and drove off.

:3gears:

...so I just laughed hysterically as I dropped the top and drove off.

..dick

That's 2 in one day Chad...how's it feel to be the butt of everyone's joke? Oh wait, "dick" and "butt" in the same post? Where's Chris? :smilelol

I hafta add that when I picked up the car I did feel a little twinge of pity seeing Roxxane sitting there with her guts all hanging out like a Jack the Ripper victim, but then I thought of Chad, ...so I just laughed hysterically as I dropped the top and drove off.

And another one bites the dust................... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol I can see it all now....without doubt the funniest quote this forum has seen in a while.

...so I just laughed hysterically as I dropped the top and drove off.

..dick

That's 2 in one day Chad...how's it feel to be the butt of everyone's joke? Oh wait, "dick" and "butt" in the same post? Where's Chris? :smilelol

Here I yam!!!!

That's two dicks in cahd's butt I think... If I counted correctly. Brutha gotta pay for parts somehow....

Very Cool Dean, break it in good because you sure don't want to chad any of the new parts....

416875166_gVfZS-M.jpg

Guest Sidewinder
:thumbs Just wanted to post up a Thank You to Mark and Jason and everyone else at Loud Pedal Motorsports. I had scrimped, embezzled, and recycled aluminum cans to finally put together this year's mod-session for the ole heap, but she's finally done and I gotta say it was a helluva pleasure working with Mark and Jason. They're gonna be a successful speed shop, no doubt. They both answered my endless questions and it was cool feeling "safe" that I was leaving my car with some club members that would work on it like their own and do it right. Mark even helped me with a much dreaded swirlie problem I was having. Thanks dudes! Gotta put 500 easy miles on the new tranny, then we're gonna see what she'll put down on the bottle. :devil Updates will follow.

New mods include...

RPM Level 5 A4 with:

Media blasted & painted transmission case

RPM sleeved input drum

RPM 3-4 clutch pack

RPM reinforced sunshell with collar and bearing

Heavy Duty double caged 29 element sprag

4L65E low roller clutch

Billet 4th gear servo

Transgo HD-2 shift kit

Corvette Servo

Wide 2-4 band

Updated aluminum accumulator piston

Bushing kit

new shift solenoids

new wiring harness

new GM valve body spacer plate

GM 5 pinion planetary gearsets - front and rear

Harris Speed Works nitrous system

HSW bottle heater

HSW nitrous filter

MSD window switch

SVO 42 lb. injectors

NGK TR6 plugs

Custom switch panel

Tune and Redline fluids transfusion

They were also kind enough to fix several of the ole heap's "old car issues" like replacing the worn out hood struts, the shot bushings and the crappy old-style plastic end links. I'm surprised those hadn't broken yet, especially during one of my Dukes of Hazzard-style "excursions"... :partyspin:

:3gears:

Thanks for the kudos Dean!!

Those plastic end links were just about to let go I tell ya :lol

Can't wait to see it spray on the dyno with a little purge action :bang:bang

Thanks for the kudos Dean!!

Those plastic end links were just about to let go I tell ya :lol

Can't wait to see it spray on the dyno with a little purge action :bang:bang

Does that mean you guys got your dyno???

• 4 weeks later...

The update, as promised, with numbers:

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs Thanks especially to Mark, and to Jason & the LPM gang, got the heap tuned and dyno'd this past Wednesday.

415.89 rwhp, 448.22 rwtq.

12032008Dyno.jpg

We'll call it 416 hp and 448 lb. ft. because it rolls off the tongue better. :chris

Went to Speedworld this morning, got tech'd in as a 13.5 car 'cuz of the ragtop. I was one of the first cars to make a pass so I went on just motor, spun thru most of first and puttered to 13.31 @ only 97.76 mph. Turned the bottle heater on for 15 minutes, aired down the rears to 24psi, did a long burnout, not Sidewinder long, but looong, armed the system, staged and she hooked pretty good for street Toyos - a 1.96 sixty ft, and then ran my new personal best, 12.143@ 117.37 mph. :rockon2:

Kinda went and hid in the pits, ...okay I danced a jig too :banannadance: , and let the car cool for an hour, then ran a 12.206@ 118.109 for a personal best mph mark too. Maybe an eleven isn't so far off.

12072008Timeslips.jpg

They had a guy come tell me to cut it out and turn the bottle off, wasn't supposed to be runnin' under 13.5 without a rollbar it seems. I pled ignorance, and then ran all motor passes of 13.03, 13.35, and 13.17 before leaving with a big grin on my face. :devil

Stopped at Chevron to gas up for the weekly commute and squeegy the numbers '13.50' off my window and this guy asked me why convertibles only go 13.50 as he thought 'vettes were "nastier" than that. I showed him my 12.14 timeslip and told him some 'verts are nastier than others. :smilelol

Thanks LPM!

Very nice Dean. I need a bottle refil and get over there and try for the same thing.

Does LPM have a dyno now???

And are they open every Sunday like that?

No they use a dyno right down the street, ADC I think.

I got the dyno on Wednesday, as I said, and raced today. So that would be a "no" on the open Sundays thing, where'd you get that idea? Maybe you could bribe them somehow... :cheers

How pissed was the guy in the other lane that ran a 13.000? lol! So close to the 12's, yet so far. :smilelol

.....some 'verts are nastier than others. :smilelol

that is true....

Ya, some of them actually run.