NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CROSSFIRE INJECTION - Watch Out Corvette World!

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

One of the guys on this forum named Tom (AKA Buccaneer) and Jim, have finally released the info on their new CFI manifold!

It is called the RENEGADE!

They finally gave me the okay to start posting about it; I was threatened with CFI banishment if I even breathed a word about it before today - they also threatened to post the pics of me when I got drunk and well.... :leaving

I'm sure Tom will be around here to answer any questions.

Renegade Link - DCS

zujk09.jpg

Follow up questions:

I see the 383 listed, but will it run on the 350 (84 vette)?

I'm assuming a chip replacement will be required. The original chip will keep trying to bring it back to factory specs.- Yes

Phill's Vette

Tim,

Yes it will work on the the 350, but it is not yet determined if it will be plug and play - meaning will the injectors need to be changed out and/or increased fuel pressure.

All the "How will it work on stock" questions will be answered in the near future and most likely I will have the honor as a stock beta tester for the Renegade.

As for the price, I don't think they have set that yet When Tom comes around he'll be able to answer more.

:thumbs

Hi Tim, the improvement so far is over 20RWHP over the Xram and should be more now that we fixed the knock count issue in the 84. The idle quality over the XRam is much better and overall gas mileage is improved by a couple mpg when Jim keeps his foot out of it, which seems hard for him to do lately. :smilelol The only reason we've tested the manifold on the 383 motors is because that’s what both Jim and I are running. However, Phill has signed up to be the "stock" motor beta test platform for us and it should run well on his also and we have the dyno numbers before swap to do the comparisons. That should happen not too long from now since we would like to start production and have them available by NLT Q1 end.

We did have a question today on how would it run on a 406 CF...No clue on that one, but if someone wants to donate a 406 to me for testing, I'm game! :rockon2: We have a max bored set of TBs on hand for a beast motor at 2.25" each, could be interesting with 90lb injectors. :partyspin:

Thanks for the questions and if you have any more, drop us email and we'll be glad to answer them.

Tom

I thought I heard the price was right around $12,874,238.99

So it should increase the re-sale value of the 82/84 corvettes a little....

:lol

I thought I heard the price was right around $12,874,238.99

So it should increase the re-sale value of the 82/84 corvettes a little....

:lol

LMAO...You're WAY off Dwayne, We're offering a 70% discount on that price to make it more affordable to most 82/84 owners, no sense in getting greedy :smilelol

70% discount??? great lets see

70% of 12 mill (I rounded) is about 8.4 million, (is that a mail in discount???) about 4 million (I rounded it..again).

I don't know how yer gonna make any dough on that discount.

<grin>

I'll look forward to here how it goes on the 350..

Thanks

70% discount??? great lets see

70% of 12 mill (I rounded) is about 8.4 million, (is that a mail in discount???) about 4 million (I rounded it..again).

I don't know how yer gonna make any dough on that discount.

<grin>

I'll look forward to here how it goes on the 350..

Thanks

You rounded wrong. It would be 13 mil rounded and then 4 mil after discount. :lol

Awesome Tom :)

Guessin yer goin to make the next SEMA show in Vegas an stuff?

Party like a rock star?

-grin-

-Frank

Awesome Tom :)

Guessin yer goin to make the next SEMA show in Vegas an stuff?

Party like a rock star?

-grin-

-Frank

Now thats FUNNY! Thanks Frank, but I'm too old to party like that anymore...LOL Takes to long to recover. :R & E: We are hoping for the best and we'll see what happens and where it may lead. Thanks for the suport and the SEMA idea. :partydance:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Steve from the CF does some great fabrication work, but for modifying and tuning, Tom (Buccaneer) and Jim (elkabong) would be my first and only choice to wring more out of the CFI setup.

Steve likes to take others ideas and call them his own, he talks about removing the egr tunnel, we did that many years ago, and the 2 barrel TBs from a truck, a member on the CFI forum started that project about 5 or 6 years ago too...

Plus quote - The tiny 4 banger TBs are the real restriction in the Crossfire setup, not the manifold.

I guess he forgot that the cam was a super wimp, the heads really suck, and the factory fuel pump wasn't up to the task...

Do I hold a grudge.... naw! not me. but hang on to your wallet, he likes your money more than you do.

Phill's Vette
Yes, Steve from the CF does some great fabrication work, but for modifying and tuning, Tom (Buccaneer) and Jim (elkabong) would be my first and only choice to wring more out of the CFI setup.

Steve likes to take others ideas and call them his own, he talks about removing the egr tunnel, we did that many years ago, and the 2 barrel TBs from a truck, a member on the CFI forum started that project about 5 or 6 years ago too...

Plus quote - The tiny 4 banger TBs are the real restriction in the Crossfire setup, not the manifold.

I guess he forgot that the cam was a super wimp, the heads really suck, and the factory fuel pump wasn't up to the task...

Do I hold a grudge.... naw! not me. but hang on to your wallet, he likes your money more than you do.

:agree

Glad somebody else added this about Simpson......