C4 383 almost done

phxscooby101

I'm new to the forum, but have been trying to finish my Red C4 Coupe 1992

6 speed with an New 383 stroker, it's all forged ,Afr heads etc...and it will be setup for a 200 shot :D Not too mention everything else will be new starting with a stg 2 clutch, Aluminmum Rad, electric water pump, Dynaspark opti, exotic headers, upgraded fuel pump/ adjustable reg. I'm sure I am forgeting something.

I'm always open to suggestions from locals.

I hope to have it dynoed/tuned at the end of next week. wish me luck :burnout

Welcome and congratulations on the 92 buildup.

Are you doing all the work yourself, or a local shop?

What is your goal for HP?

Any pictures?

Hope to see you at one of the events coming up.

Phil... :devil

Sorry everyone I've been busy moving and finishing up the Vette.

The engine is being built by Beck's Racing Engines and I'm having ADS in chandler install/break-in/ dyno tune the engine.

Hp goal is 500hp N/A and whatever a 200 shot of NOS will get me :D :D

The engine has only the strongest forged everything, splayed buillet caps etc...

I don't have any pics no time right now, I will post a complete list of items done to the engine in a few days.

I need recommendations on an exhaust system, here is what I have the exotic headers and I'm thinking of randoms bullet 3in cats? The current car has the stock resonator but after that it's been modifed to a 3in piping and unknown mufflers but they where quiet and stock looking tips.which I like.

I heard good things on H or X piping where the resonator is supposed to be but I'm not sure of this method will help my hp goals? Thanks Chad :thumbs

3,503 lbs of trouble
The engine is being built by Beck's Racing Engines

:eek You 100% sure about that? I have a good friend who sings a diffenet tune about his experience with Becks. I won't go into it, but let's just say he ultimately ended up putting a ZZ4 in his Z28 instead.

I did lots of research on many builders across the U.S. and most will not warranty anything past 30 to 90 days. I've heard good/ bad about most company's here in phoenix which makes it tough to figure out who's willing to stand by there work BRE says they have and will. Of course there is always going to be problems depending on the circumstances of past customers thats the business.

For me I wish I had the knowledge to build it myself but I can't so I am at the mercy of a who I pick :D and how they build there motors. Which BRE seems to be the best choice for me.

The ZZ4 crate motor was not enough HP for me, I researched lots of options for the LT1/LT4 motors. There really is not alot of ways to go without modifing the ecu, motor installation etc... I really wanted the new 572 but it won't fit :P and it seems like a pita to change over everything and still keep the stock accessories.

Anyone got opinions on the best exhaust set-ups? Thanks Chad

I did lots of research on many builders across the U.S. and most will not warranty anything past 30 to 90 days. I've heard good/ bad about most company's here in phoenix which makes it tough to figure out who's willing to stand by there work BRE says they have and will. Of course there is always going to be problems depending on the circumstances of past customers thats the business.

For me I wish I had the knowledge to build it myself but I can't so I am at the mercy of a who I pick :D and how they build there motors. Which BRE seems to be the best choice for me.

The ZZ4 crate motor was not enough HP for me, I researched lots of options for the LT1/LT4 motors. There really is not alot of ways to go without modifing the ecu, motor installation etc... I really wanted the new 572 but it won't fit :P and it seems like a pita to change over everything and still keep the stock accessories.

Anyone got opinions on the best exhaust set-ups? Thanks Chad

talk to 92ZR1wannabe (joe) he has the corsa cat back (but no cats as he lives in globe and doesn't need them)

sounds wicked at WOT - and from what he says it's mellow at highway cruising!