NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Yet more black added to BLEW X U

1EVLC7

Today I removed all the tail lamps and markers and had the painter here @ the Dealership spray them with a mixture of clear and black paint. I wanted the Blackout look without laying aftermarket plastic or static cling material over the lenses.

med_gallery_637_33_30758.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_2309.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_128390.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_137629.jpg

Here are a few before and after pics...

med_gallery_637_33_1975.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_81215.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_10192.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_34489.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_68707.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_12673.jpg

On a C6, from the factory the High level stop lamp bezel has a dull finish to it, I thought it would look better if it was painted to match the car.

med_gallery_637_33_95101.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_33451.jpg

med_gallery_637_33_72299.jpg

If anyone is interested in having theirs done, shoot me a PM :thumbs

Ed

How about on a C4 ??????

Can do Chuckster :thumbs Figure a 2 day turn around.

Wait, I've lost track......what was Mini Mod I? :confused

Regardless, it looks AWESOME Ed!

John Strutt owns rights to Mini Mod I, that was his door speaker replacement.

That looks fantastic with black paint. Also, great photos of the project! Am I losing my mind? I thought you had a LeMans Blue C-5. Am I wrong, or did you trade up?

That looks fantastic with black paint. Also, great photos of the project! Am I losing my mind? I thought you had a LeMans Blue C-5. Am I wrong, or did you trade up?

Yes, Got a new one :thumbs

Yes, Got a new one :thumbs

That is fantastic!! My first Vette was a black 64 coupe with a black interior. I think Vettes really look sinsister in black. If I had your courage (and money), I would be in the market for a black Z06 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As it is I will have to be content with the set of new Michelin PS2s I put on my C5 this week. I need to get photos of my old Goodyears and put them in the for sale section. They have about 5-6 32nds left on them. Are you planning to color sand your new Z06? Does it have much orange peal?

That is fantastic!! My first Vette was a black 64 coupe with a black interior. I think Vettes really look sinsister in black. If I had your courage (and money), I would be in the market for a black Z06 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As it is I will have to be content with the set of new Michelin PS2s I put on my C5 this week. I need to get photos of my old Goodyears and put them in the for sale section. They have about 5-6 32nds left on them. Are you planning to color sand your new Z06? Does it have much orange peal?

The orange peel isn't too bad on this one, as of right now I don't plan to colorsand it. At my age I'm not quite sure my back can take it anymore :willy . But you never know I might get a itch to go ahead and do it in a few months and just spread it out a panel a night for a week :yesnod . Get them tires posted up in the For sale section, members are always looking for great deals on tires :thumbs

what percentage of black did he use?

15% ....thanks for all the comments, :thumbs It really came out killer! :devil

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night at Ketzal's, y'all come out and see if you like! (shameless plug)

Hey Ed, I absolutely love the addition to the car. I was interested in blacking out my lights too, but didn't know how to go about doing something like that. About how much would something like that cost? I kind of don't want to put on any acrylics over my lights either... Thanks for the info