NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Muffler Mod

vidal1313

Seems like a lot of work, if your eliminating the muff part of the muffler then why not just remove them and go straight pipes????

At least I got to say muff :lol

Seems like a lot of work, if your eliminating the muff part of the muffler then why not just remove them and go straight pipes????

At least I got to say muff :lol

The Muff stays in the muffler... :lol

The C6 Z06 has butterflies that when open will run through this pipe. When it is closed it will have the same level of noise as it did from the factory. When these butterflies are open it will be much louder with this mod as the video shows. You can control the butterflies opening by an aftermarket remote control and make it loud some of the time or all the time. This mod is very far from a straight pipe.

I say just put some B&B Bullits on there. :thumbs

I had bullets on my C6 Coupe and loved them. I want to try this mod first as it should be around $100-$200 vs. $1200 (+) for the BB.

Bromley's Corvettes
:burnout2 Get the B&B and we will replace them together!

I can do that for you. Next week some time please let me know. #480-390-2652

I may get them later, but first I want to try this mod. Did you get them already?

I ordered them. I'm just waiting :ninja:

Your mod should not be to hard. Let me know when it is finished

• 2 months later...

Dang, when the wireless NPP controller in my Z06 goes to the open position the exhaust note drones nearly as loud as flying a piston A/C without pilot headsets. It does sound good for a short time, but I worry about damaging my hearing as a lot of pilots have done. Ditto bikes with straight pipes.

I worry about damaging my hearing

Huh?

Come on Adi, as long as your faster then hell, you don't need your hearing for anything!!! :lol

Duane, the Z is going in for mods on Monday, including LG Pros. With the large cam and long tubes I suspect the sound is going to be a tad much with the NPP open, which is why the open/close NPP exhaust is great on the Zs. Closed it will keep somewhat quiet when driving like, or acting like, a civilized person, but at 3,500 rpm they open for less restriction. At 7,000 rpm I guess it really doesn't matter to us lunatics. I used anti-sound (180 degree wave sync) headsets in planes, so I'm wondering if someone out there makes an anti-sound in cabin system.

A couple of years ago Maytag was working on the 180 degree wave sync system to quiet thier refrigerators. I guess you could just lay a frig in the hatch to help with the loud pipes! :lol

So is that middle part wrapped in fiberglass or something?????? That looks like a lot of welding. It looks pretty straight forward though.

Andrew

Bromley's Corvettes

Yeah it takes a bit of welding and there is a fiberglass pillow inside and it has to be removed to do the mod. It could be put back in but I leave it out. Its a cool mod if you want wife mode and guy mode lol.

Guest 06yumavette

doug has done my c6 and i dont regret it.. i like the capability of leaving it a little louder or quieter when i want. if you have paddle shift it sounds really sweet when your shifting. for the cost its worth it. doug makes it look easy... just dont keep peeking over his shoulder like i did!!! he he he he im so nosy! but that pillow he was talking about was just a fiberglass pillow laying in there i assume to deaden the sound... it wasnt wrapped around anything.. after he gets done his welds are near perfect... ok perfect... if that helps

• 1 year later...
fourseventeen

Need to get mine done on my Z06. What did it cost to have done? I dont have a welder or id do it myself. ;)

Need to get mine done on my Z06. What did it cost to have done? I dont have a welder or id do it myself. ;)

Scroll up and click on Doug's name then click "send a message". You'll be able to send him a private message, he'll probably see your request quicker that way

• 4 weeks later...

newbie here looking to have muffler mod performed. i have PM'd doug. do you still perform these mods doug? if so, i'd like to schedule a time. if not, does anyone have recommendations as to who else does in the valley? thanks!

Bromley's Corvettes

newbie here looking to have muffler mod performed. i have PM'd doug. do you still perform these mods doug? if so, i'd like to schedule a time. if not, does anyone have recommendations as to who else does in the valley? thanks!

PM sent I still do the muff mod.