Ok you scottsdale drivers this week

Togo

any way to help them change their mind ? i have one

boycott scottsdale and everything in it - including retail establishments etc.

i have been contemplating a boycottscottsdale.com website ever since the ridiculous idea of photo radar came up many months ago on CF - but never thought they'd actually go through with it

anyone think this would be an effective way to get them to repeal photo radar?

i mean think of it this way - public boycotting with plenty of word of mouth exposure - word would eventually get to the retailers that scottsdale relies on for sales tax revenue etc. once they get on board and agree that photo radar on a freeway is just plain wrong - they may go to the city council with the problem of downward trends in sales and such and possibly "repeal" the photo radar.

i know some of you would say - why hurt the retailers and such for this - well, i say that they have the biggest SAY in what happens - and it's like "voting" with your dollars

i don't plan on going through scottsdale any time soon (that includes the pavillions)

perhaps we could get another place to hang in a different city and give our gas and food revenue and what not to a city that's not so ridiculous

any opinions

(flame suit on)

On what grounds should they repeal it?

If I drive the speed limit what do I have to fear and what would happen to me?

Why should I care, I don't drive up there anyway.

Just don't speed.

Those are the comments and questions you will have to answer.

3,503 lbs of trouble

Do I like photo radar? No! BUT when people drive like idiots on the 101 are you surprised they can justify it's implementation? I don't like it, but something needs to slow those idiots down on that freeway. When I'm doing 75 MPH and psychos are coming up fast on my ass and getting annoyed at me for driving too slow, that's insane. The primary goal of that photo radar is revenue generation regardless of what they say, but if it slows those psycho a-holes down, well, at least there will be one positive result from a bad thing.

ok, let's look at it this way - 3 lanes - 3 cars - one is pulling away (cameras don't catch that) who gets the ticket?

all 3?

why? how would you be able to pinpoint whicn of the 3 cars in which of the 3 lanes is speeding?

also - there are NO WARNINGS or talking your way out of a ticket with a PHOTO RADAR - i'm not one to get out of a ticket EVER - but i hear some people actually do!

and i don't have to answer any questions - if i boycott the ENTIRE city and spread the word with my idea and it spreads - eventually it will get back to the people who approved putting them up by word of the businesses of scottsdale and perhaps taken down because of the apparent lack of spending - and those "cash cows" won't all of a sudden look so good

you and i both know that photo red light cams and photo radars don't help prevent accidents AS THEY ARE PROPOSED to do so, they are a simple way for the cities that use them to generate more ticket revenue - and those cameras ALWAYS make their quota!

i read somewhere that red light cameras actually are causing more accidents (rear end accidents) because people are stopping short because they are afraid to get that ticket - and we all know how just about every one tailgates!

To heck with Scottsdale, I'm boycotting the whole metro area, you guys take all my tax dollars and waste them, you stink up the air, and everyone drives like a maniac, (well everyone except Dan W, because his Delorean is so slow)...

And please don't agree with me and move out here, Gila Bend already has one idiot, and I don't need any help!!!