NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTB: used rear swaybar.

Phoenix FRC

Hello,

I have a friend that bought a 2005 caddy XLR and even tho it was built in Bowling Green, it didn't come with a rear swaybar.

The dealer sales person that sold him the car also owns a 2005 XLR and she said she was able to install one and it improved the road manners greatly.

What I don't know is... does the 2005 XLR use the C5 or C6 swaybar?

So.. that being said...

- If someone has a swaybar sitting around and thought they can't sell it because its basically a stock sway bar, and your willing to let us try it on for size... Please post.

If the bar fits, we will give you a fair price for it.

Thank you,

BTW ... Thanks Dawg.. :thumbs

PM Ed (Blew X U) he has access to GM parts and can probably give you part numbers to compare.

I have a stock C5 (standard) front and rear sway bars sitting around. If you want to see if it will fit, you are more then welcome to. They don't have the metal end links though like you would have with the Z06 bars. They are made of plastic. Let me know.

Wow, Mark is closer. Ray Rd & 101 in Chander.

Thanks,

I was thinking that its almost off the forum's topic. :lol:

It is me helping a friend with the same platform... kind of... maybe he needs to sign up for the forum huh? :devil

Mark we'll PM you. It only makes sense to try.

Do you have the brackets.

Plastic end links, I don't see a problem.

I'll get under that car and look for the brackets.

Thanks,

The rubbers are still there but I had to use my original clamps when I changed them out. So you will have to get some clamps if you use it.

Here are the part numbers you will need for the XLR.....I did a Google search and found this info on www.xlrforum.com.

15806422......stablilizer bar or 10339124 is a larger bar

15907003......link x2

10317560......bushing x2

15142776......bracket x2

11515775......bolt x2

11516078......nut x4

Also..... According to the Service Manual for the XLR-V, the rear stabilizer shaft link nuts are to be tightened to 76 N-m (56 lb. ft.). The stabilizer shaft insulator clamp bolts are 65 N-m (49 lb. ft.) and the shaft insulator clamp nuts to 95 N-m (70 lb. ft.).

Here are the part numbers you will need for the XLR.....I did a Google search and found this info on www.xlrforum.com.

15806422......stablilizer bar or 10339124 is a larger bar

15907003......link x2

10317560......bushing x2

15142776......bracket x2

11515775......bolt x2

11516078......nut x4

Also..... According to the Service Manual for the XLR-V, the rear stabilizer shaft link nuts are to be tightened to 76 N-m (56 lb. ft.). The stabilizer shaft insulator clamp bolts are 65 N-m (49 lb. ft.) and the shaft insulator clamp nuts to 95 N-m (70 lb. ft.).

I called my friend at the GM dealer, he applied my discount and these parts, (with the large bar) costs $205.00

That's pretty good for a stock pile of new parts.

He also cross referenced and those are not Corvette part numbers. XLR-V